Politte Expects to Be Activated on June 20th

Chisoxfn

Heath, what did you hear about Marte re: the Reds?

Also, what about the joints at 12th and Main ... Japp's and Neon's and Jefferson Hall or whatever the name of that place is, around 1100 on Main?

I understand Barrelhouse closed the brewpub and they're just a microbrewery now.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(Heath @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
Marte got offered to the Reds from the Pirates - you might get him back.

Is Neal Cotts getting too much work again?

- After watching the ALDS, ALCS & WS - well, you know the story, what bullpen?

Marte is a wacko nutcase I think he outstayed his welcome here the first time around.

I guess with the trade today it's looking less and less like Politte is in the plans for the immediate future.

At this point, there's no reason to rush back from whatever is bothering him. Let him get right, if he even can this season--and hope he can give some good innings before the season is done.

I have a feeling his career as a White Sox might be done however.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Pollite should just have the surgery if it is bone chips like it's being indicated. Have it now, be ready for the playoffs.

I believe Jose Contreras had some soreness in Spring Training based on bone chips in his elbow. Would you advise the same thing for him?

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
I guess with the trade today it's looking less and less like Politte is in the plans for the immediate future.

At this point, there's no reason to rush back from whatever is bothering him. Let him get right, if he even can this season--and hope he can give some good innings before the season is done.

I have a feeling his career as a White Sox might be done however.

Huh? Politte is definitely in the plans, atleast for this year, if he's healthy.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
Pollite should just have the surgery if it is bone chips like it's being indicated. Have it now, be ready for the playoffs.

I believe the article in the paper said he had bone spurs not chips. The difference is significant. Bone spurs are attached to the acromion which is bone on top of the shoulder. With rehab and meds this is a controlled situation and he could pitch without further incidence. If they are chips they are free floating in the joint capsule and could get in the way of the shoulder motion at anytime without rhyme or reason. With the large range of motion a pitcher puts his shoulder through the chips would always be getting in the way. I doubt he has the latter problem. If he did, I don't think he would be returning this soon.