Sox @ Rangers, June 14

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jorge almost hit a GS off of Zumaya too. 5-1 now. It's never over with the Tigers, but this sure would make it easier to take this ass whoopin. Thought these blowouts don't hurt nearly as much. Javier wasn't good, but it wouldn't have mattered because Vicente was great, just like at Boston.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Fields, McCarthy, Sweeny for Willis? Would that work?

I'm pretty sure they'd take our top 2 prospects and a top starting pitching prospect.

I'd personally kick KW in the nuts, but that's just me.

Because Ozzie is petty and unprofessional.

He was definitely pissed about something and it sure was odd he took him out after one batter. The logical conclusion is, Tracey failed to drill Blaylock but then again there may be something we aren't privy to.

But it will be interesting to see how things transpire. Either way I have no problem with a little shake up but like anyone else, I would like to see it done for logical reasons.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks Dontrelle "the bird" Willis would get absolutely destroyed in the AL?

He'd be good his first time around and then get absolutely torched afterwards.

QUOTE(El Barto @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:23 AM)
Bottom of the 12th, 5-1 rays.

That makes this game slightly better to swallow I guess.

Todd Jones strikes again. 1-5 with an ERA around 7.30. When is this clown going to stop pitching in important innings? He and this pitiful offense spoiled a great performance by Bonderman tonight.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Because Ozzie is petty and unprofessional.

I'll admit it's nonsense to demote someone based upon missing a hitter, but goddam--is it really that tough? Pitchers are responsible for hitting locations the size of a softball from 60ft away at 90+ mph, but yet, can't hit a body standing still? And he didn't even come close to hitting Blalock. That should be an indication of his poor control if nothing else.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
He'd be good his first time around and then get absolutely torched afterwards.

True, the funky motion would be good for confusing hitters but Shingo can only get away with it for so long.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
I thought he was back to form recently. What are the concerns?

That he's a gimmick pitcher who will soon see his demise. Also that the funky delivery will end up destroying his arm.