Save Screech's House

Goldmember

Back to Story - Help

'Screech' hopes to be saved by the T-shirt

Associated Press

Sat Jun 17, 10:15 AM ET

More than a bell is needed to save Dustin Diamond this time around. Diamond, best known as geeky Screech Powers on the 1989-1993 teen comedy series "Saved by the Bell," is selling T-shirts with his photo on them to try to raise $250,000 so he doesn't lose his gray two-story house under a foreclosure order.

"If the public didn't care, I as an entertainer wouldn't have been a success," he said.

Diamond, 29, is trying to sell nearly 30,000 shirts — at $15 or $20 (autographed) each — to supplement the income he makes as a standup comic so he doesn't have to move from his Port Washington home, about 25 miles north of Milwaukee.

The T-shirt has a photo of Diamond holding a sign that says, "Save My House." The back of the shirt reads, "I paid $15.00 to save Screeech's house." The third "e" was added to get around copyright laws, he said.

He's selling the shirts on his Web site: http://www.getdshirts.com.

The foreclosure order was filed last month in Ozaukee County Circuit Court.

Diamond appeared on Howard Stern's satellite radio show Tuesday to plead his case. "I'm doing great with my comedy, but this is definitely a low point," he said. "Real life comes in and affects you."

Diamond doesn't have a listed phone number, and e-mails to the address on his Web site and at an alternative address were not immediately returned Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060617/ap_en_...ustin_diamond_2

Edited by Goldmember

You know, Im not hearing Zach, Slater and Kelly complaining that they cannot pay their bills. Hey screech, move on with your life. Put screech in the backburner and try something new, maybe an indie movie or something.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:24 AM)
You know, Im not hearing Zach, Slater and Kelly complaining that they cannot pay their bills. Hey screech, move on with your life. Put screech in the backburner and try something new, maybe an indie movie or something.

Tell me about it. If Screech saves his house, next thing you know Boner from Growing Pains and Buddy from Charles in Charge are going to want hand outs too.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
Why should I spend money to save his house when there are thousands of other people who lose their house and never got all the money he did as a child.

you must not be a true Saved by the Bell fan. For shame

:P

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
I still watch it in the morning's a lot of the times :P

Then you should be buying T-shirts by the dozens. Honestly, what is wrong with you? I already have it in 4 different colors! I never get sick of seeing Screeech spelled wrong!