Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
sure....but that takes nothing away of what Inge is doing.

Yeah, but it doesn't make it the play of the year, unless it's the Tigers play of the year then have fun with that.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Same place the sox fans were since when...1908...until last year. I came across this board last night and saw a post asking Tiger fans to register...so I did. I do not consider myself boisterous at all. If I come across that way so be it. I will gladly fade to black and you can have your precious pro sox board free and clear of competitors boisterous fans. A thread pops up that says Die Tigers and you dont expect a least a few posts abbout the Tigers from their fans?

Pwn3d

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
:lol: I'm sorry but that adds no credibility to the play. OwenWilson2? :lol:

It's a message board. I wouldn't expect them to say "Well, he mad a routine play look hard." :Waits for fathom to chime in and say just that:

But I haven't seen the play yet so, whatever.

Dude...he made a freaking great play...one of the best I have seen in my freaking 35 years of watching the game. That is all. Why is it such a big deal that Inge made one of the best plays you will eveer see. It's only June baseball...enjoy the game.

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same place the sox fans were since when...1908...until last year. I came across this board last night and saw a post asking Tiger fans to register...so I did. I do not consider myself boisterous at all. If I come across that way so be it. I will gladly fade to black and you can have your precious pro sox board free and clear of competitors boisterous fans. A thread pops up that says Die Tigers and you dont expect a least a few posts abbout the Tigers from their fans?

Wrong Chicago team

Not winning a title doesn't make a team a s***ty franchise and give their fans an excuse to go into hibernation.

But I can understand why Tiger fans have been hiding considering their team has not had a winning season since 1993 along with setting the AL record for most losses in a season.

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Dude...he made a freaking great play...one of the best I have seen in my freaking 35 years of watching the game. That is all. Why is it such a big deal that Inge made one of the best plays you will eveer see. It's only June baseball...enjoy the game.

Yep....enjoy the game.........and stop trying to convince White Sox fans on SOXTALK.COM about the greatness of a play. Can't this thread be moved to The Diamond Club?

Alright, calm down guys. Huron has a wright to his opinion. He thinks it was the play of the year, so be it. We want to enjoy more fans here and not only Sox fans so take it easy on the guy.

And if I went to a Tigers board and saw "DIE WHITE SOX" I'd probably make a few posts too.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
Wrong Chicago team

Not winning a title doesn't make a team a s***ty franchise and give their fans an excuse to go into hibernation.

But I can understand why Tiger fans have been hiding considering their team has not had a winning season since 1993 along with setting the AL record for most losses in a season.

Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter.

The past is ash. We need not destroy the past. It is gone....for the Sox and the Tigers.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
If that's the "MLIVE" Tigers board, I wouldn't put any stock in it. It's mostly just 10 year olds. For a really good time, check out the MSU and UM basketball and football boards during the season.

It's a pissing content Ozzie and Jay would be jealous of.

Yeah, and I'm so excited that we now have some of those fine M-Live posters coming over here. I'm a U-M alum, so trust me when I say that the "M-Livers" will only add to the obnoxiousness level of this site.

I just saw the play, and I didn't think it was THAT great.

First off, it was turned on Gary Bennent. Second, Baseball Tonight showed Scott Rolen make a play like that and Scott was even further into foul territory than Inge.

Definately not play of the year material IMO.

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
as for the future....you better pray the Tigers do not make a play for El Caballo.

I don't think a funnier statement could be made than this. For the price he'd cost, he'd be a terrible acquisition for the rest of the season. The Tigers don't need anymore righty power hitters. When C. Lee shows he's capable of being a winning ball player, that's when I'll worry about him.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
I don't think a funnier statement could be made than this. For the price he'd cost, he'd be a terrible acquisition for the rest of the season. The Tigers don't need anymore righty power hitters. When C. Lee shows he's capable of being a winning ball player, that's when I'll worry about him.

Laugh all you want. Carlos is in his prime, has the same stats this year as Thome. Add Carlos to LF on this team and the Sox fans would be pissed. No doubt about it. You can bash Lee all you want but he is a quality power LF.

as for the future....you better pray the Tigers do not make a play for El Caballo.

I'll start praying. El Caballo is such a great player. I wouldn't want to face him 18+ times a season. I reckon he would hit at least at a .400 clip with probably 10 HR's against us. And on top of that, he'll probably save more than a few runs with his outstanding defense in LF.

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Laugh all you want. Carlos is in his prime, has the same stats this year as Thome. Add Carlos to LF on this team and the Sox fans would be pissed. No doubt about it. You can bash Lee all you want but he is a quality power LF.

Almost, minus the fact that Thome has a much higher obp and much higher slugging percentage. Try again.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
Also, a long as Thome continues to DH, his defense is just as effective as C Lee.

I love it when people bring back C-Lee memories for me. My favorite one is the time someone on the Twins, I think it was, hit a routine fly ball to C-Lee with a man on 3rd. Instead of getting the ball back to the infield as fast as possible to try to get the tagging runner out, he just stood there for about 3-4 seconds admiring his catch.

:D

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
I love it when people bring back C-Lee memories for me. My favorite one is the time someone on the Twins, I think it was, hit a routine fly ball to C-Lee with a man on 3rd. Instead of getting the ball back to the infield as fast as possible to try to get the tagging runner out, he just stood there for about 3-4 seconds admiring his catch.

:D

My favorite C LEE moment is when he got picked off of third base in the clutch when he could have been the winning run. That's good baseball! Acquiring C Lee would make the Tigers look like the 2000-2004 White Sox.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
My favorite C LEE moment is when he got picked off of third base in the clutch when he could have been the winning run. That's good baseball! Acquiring C Lee would make the Tigers look like the 2000-2004 White Sox.

There's a reason we got rid of his sorry ass.