Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Laugh all you want. Carlos is in his prime, has the same stats this year as Thome. Add Carlos to LF on this team and the Sox fans would be pissed. No doubt about it. You can bash Lee all you want but he is a quality power LF.

Thome is on the Sox; Caballo is on the Brewers. Until he's traded to Detroit, you can't trumpet how good your team is with him.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Haha. I love it. Kill the National League. Poor Cards fans.

Yea.. poor us.. for having a crappy team in a crappy league and crappy management that put together this crappy team.. first winless roadtrip since '97.. time to give it up this year!

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Yea.. poor us.. for having a crappy team in a crappy league and crappy management that put together this crappy team.. first winless roadtrip since '97.. time to give it up this year!

Well, I dunno. I wouldn't give up. You'll make the playoffs, and then anything can happen until the NLCS, then maybe you can have a good series against the Mets and make the WS again. Unfortunately, you'd get crushed there again.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
I'll worry about the Tigers when they are leading the AL Central deep into August.

Until then, they're a cute story.

You are the same guy that said Ill wait to see how they are doing in June, arent ya? They arent going away Sox fans. In fact they look to be picking up the pace.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I didn't know you played professionally.

I faced him numerous times in high school. I would have never thought he'd even play D1 college ball.

QUOTE(Dawgs @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
You are the same guy that said Ill wait to see how they are doing in June, arent ya? They arent going away Sox fans. In fact they look to be picking up the pace.

Cool

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
Wrong Chicago team

Not winning a title doesn't make a team a s***ty franchise and give their fans an excuse to go into hibernation.

But I can understand why Tiger fans have been hiding considering their team has not had a winning season since 1993 along with setting the AL record for most losses in a season.

Multiple ownage of Hurons.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(Dawgs @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)

I'm looking forward to playing the Tigers again in July.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
:huh: I don't get the comparison.

I was trying to say that it's early yet, and I'm shocked that everybody is scoreboard watching in June.

Does everyone think the Rangers will win the AL West? I don't, but they're in 1st place as we speak.

I'll try to make a better comparison: Last year, the Nationals were in 1st place at the AS break, and they had a fantastic record in 1-run games. They didn't last, and neither will Detroit.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
I'll try to make a better comparison: Last year, the Nationals were in 1st place at the AS break, and they had a fantastic record in 1-run games. They didn't last, and neither will Detroit.

Sounds exactly like what people said about the Sox last year also.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
I was trying to say that it's early yet, and I'm shocked that everybody is scoreboard watching in June.

Does everyone think the Rangers will win the AL West? I don't, but they're in 1st place as we speak.

Yeah, but neither of them has the talent this Tigers team does.

QUOTE(Dawgs @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)

It's reasonable to be skeptical of the Tigers maintaining first place in August for two reasons: 1) The Sox are the better team and will likely overtake first place, and 2) The Tigers have a difficult August schedule, including facing the World Champions 7 times.

QUOTE(Dawgs @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)

No, I'm not. I would never be stupid enough to use June as a barometer.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)

The Rangers are in 2nd place currently and a whole 5 games over .500. The Nationals were playing very good baseball at this time last year and were 14 over. The Tigers are currently 26 games over .500, it is not fair at all to compare those teams, the records aren't even close.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Sounds exactly like what people said about the Sox last year also.

Except that the 2005 Sox were the best team in their division, league and game, and the 2006 Tigers are not even the best team in their division.

That's a terrible comparison. The Nationals were never even close to THIS good, THIS late in the season. Furthermore, even when the were 10 or so games over .500, they had a NEGATIVE run differential. Anyone with half a brain knew they were going to eventually suck.

The Tigers lead MLB in RD this year. I'm sick of people making dumb comparisons. They aren't a fluke. BP has them at over 80% odds to make the playoffs. Before you scream, the Sox are at 76% odds. Take that with a grain of salt, but historically, teams this good record wise and RD wise don't miss that playoffs that often.

Also, as an admin, I'd like to welcome the Tiger fans in here. I realize things may rub wrong at times, but it's great to have fans of other teams thinking of Soxtalk as the place where Sox fans are.

To the Tiger fans: Understand you're coming into a harsh environment. Don't troll and don't maker personal attacks and you'll be fine. You'll join Twins, Cardinal and Marlin fans, among others, who coexist in peace. :)

Soxtalkers: I moved this to the Diamond Thread, so if you don't want to hear about the Tigers, it's not in Pale Hose Talk. If the Tiger posters annoy you, like any posters, set them on ignore.

This could be a pretty neat discussion as long as everyone stays rather civil.