Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie's decision was obviously wrong, but I'm not going to entirely blame him if this team loses today.

Contreras pitched like a limp wristed school girl.

I don't care if half their hits were bloops. Tough s***. Work around it and figure out how to locate a damn fastball.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
eh what can you do. not upset for leaving jose in. now if ba ends up at 3rd then yes pitch hit to get the fly ball sac fly. but with him at second, i am fine with it. sucks that it started to rain.

Contreras was getting hit around by a team on a 13 game losing streak. I would have been happy if we ph for him with 2 outs and no one on, as long as we got him out of the game.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Exactly. I thought the team came first not individual stats.

he does this s*** all the time, esp. with freddy, i wonder why? it made absolutely no sense to let contreras bat, he was pitching like s***, and sure enought 1st and 3rd. our bullpen has been awesome as of late too. :huh

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
I know it sounds foolish questioning Ozzie after the success we've had, but one of my main complaints has always been that he doesn't have a good feel for taking out his starting pitchers before more damage can be done. In regards to not ph for Contreras, I'm speechless.

it was dumb considering how he was pitching. Now they are in a hole with a rain delay. They need to stay close to the Tigers. Its just a plain dumb move.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Ozzie's decision was obviously wrong, but I'm not going to entirely blame him if this team loses today.

Contreras pitched like a limp wristed school girl.

I don't care if half their hits were bloops. Tough s***. Work around it and figure out how to locate a damn fastball.

I'm like you...I expect dominance from Contreras on the mound. However, over the last month, he just hasn't been as effective. His ERA has shot up to the 3.5 range, and lets just hope AJP catches him for his next few starts.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
great, rain delay. Anyone know if it's going to blow over or is this game pretty much done?

It's going to blow over pretty quick..45 minute rain delay or so

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
it was dumb considering how he was pitching. Now they are in a hole with a rain delay. They need to stay close to the Tigers. Its just a plain dumb move.

I don't intend this for you, but this has been on my mind.....f*** what the Tigers are doing right now. They're playing out of their minds, and there's nothing we can do about it. In all honesty, I'm more concerned with what the Yanks are doing, as they're the likely prime competition for the WC. If the Tigers keep throwing shutouts every 4th game, we're not going to win the division.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
Sox are still getting on base and swinging the bats - I'd be very surprised if they were done scoring for the day.

Besides the, well we will rally. Do you think it was the right decision not to pinch hit for Contreras down by a run, with a man on 2nd and 1 out when we are in the 6th inning with rain on the way.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
His ERA has shot up to the 3.5 range, and lets just hope AJP catches him for his next few starts.

I expect a lot of controversy if Ozzie has Jose as the ASG starter, which he is quoted as saying. At this pace he won't be in the top 5 for starting pitchers by then.

Yeah, if it were my decision, Contreras wouldn't be starting the All-Star game either. Not after his pitiful June.

Not that I'd expect Guillen to do anything differently, but I'd rather start Santana in a game which may affect home-field advantage in the WS.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
its pretty sad everyone is blaming widger, im sure we would be winning 4-0 if aj were catching. :rolly

Yeah, its not entirely Widger's fault, but it seems like whenever he's behind the plate the Sox lose or pitch like ass