Official Game Thread 6/30 - Sox vs Cubs 1:20

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Not recently, what have you done for me lately? BA is one of the best out in CF, it's pretty retarded to bench him right now especially when he's absolutely killing the ball like he is now.

Killing hte ball? Yah, that's a hard .196 in June.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
I agree. I'm just saying that BA isn't like a "perfect" centerfielder, which he pretty much has to be as bad as he is at the plate.

Pods is bad in left. There is no debating that.

Pods caught looking once again.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
I agree. I'm just saying that BA isn't like a "perfect" centerfielder, which he pretty much has to be as bad as he is at the plate.

Pods is bad in left. There is no debating that.

Our pitching staff outside of the very back end of our bullpen is filled with pitchers who are not strikeout pitchers. This is why you need good defense behind them. BA is hitting the ball now. He is not looking lost, I dont understand why you would want to put Mack who is best used as a role player and not a centerpiece.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)

He's absolutely destroyed at least one ball in every game he's been back, not to mention he was hitting like .300 over his last 7 or so games before he got suspended. He's hitting the ball real well right now, no matter what statistics say.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)

You really have no right to talk if you're not watching the game and if you're going to be making asinine comments like this then you're obviously not watching the game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
You really have no right to talk if you're not watching the game and if you're going to be making asinine comments like this then you're obviously not watching the game.

He hit the ball hard twice today. THat doesn't mean he is heating up on offense. Pods is hitting .350+ in his last 50 ABs. THAT is heating up.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
I'm sitting here wondering how I'm gonna possibly come up with excuses for Garland's outing today, sqwert

Are you sitting there just looking for any opportunity to prove me wrong? Enjoy the game. We're winning for christ's sake.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
He hit the ball hard twice today. THat doesn't mean he is heating up on offense. Pods is hitting .350+ in his last 50 ABs. THAT is heating up.

He's hitting .272 since June 11th, hitting the ball incredibly hard right now and playing superb defense. I'll take that over a couple singles from podsednik followed by being picked off then making horrible play after horrible play in LF.