Sox @ Cubs - July 1

Heads22

QUOTE(brijames @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
Sox lose today and get Zambrano tomorrow and we are looking at 4.5 back of the Tigers.

Cuz we have never hit Zambrano and Buehrle can't shut the Cubs down? GMAB!

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(brijames @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
Sox lose today and get Zambrano tomorrow and we are looking at 4.5 back of the Tigers.

WHO f***ING CARES ABOUT THE TIGERS

WE ARE PLAYING .650 BASEBALL

If I had told you at the beginning of this season we would be 52-27 after 79 games and asked you to assign a letter grade to this team based on that ONE PIECE OF INFORMATION ALONE, what grade would you give them?

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)

If I had told you at the beginning of this season we would be 52-27 after 79 games and asked you to assign a letter grade to this team based on that ONE PIECE OF INFORMATION ALONE, what grade would you give them?

ahh finally a voice of reason.

This has to be Vazquez's last inning. But, knowing Ozzie, it won't be.

I don't care about building his confidence as much as I care about winning these games. We've got a deep bullpen that isn't used that much. Bail out these bad starts before they happen. Vazquez should never have pitched to Ramirez.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Charlie Haeger.

Tyler lumsden.

Corwin Malone.

Lance Broadway

Danny wright.

John Snyder.

anybody that this vastly overpaid piece of garbage.

Again, what are the Sox paying for Vazquez?

It was a no-lose proposition

It's not like this guy has a losing record.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)

You're right, the Sox shouldn't worry about the Tigers. Its only the 1st day of July, there's still plenty of baseball left including 13 vs. the Tigers.

But that doesn't excuse playing like s*** against two of the worst teams in baseball.

you better care about them and the Yankees and the Red Sox because one team is going to be left home in October.

and if we keep having these meatball get drilled every five days, I don't like our chances.

put his ass in the pen for a few weeks so he understands you can't keep giving up jack after jack after jack.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Even I know we're still in this game. Our offense is capable of coming back in this.

Vazquez is just a horrible weight on this team, though.

IMO, he's been the biggest dissapointment on this team. I'd love to know what his era is if you take away his starts against the Royals. Even when he pitches somewhat well, he can't go past the 6th inning. I REALLY miss Chris Young right now.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
you better care about them and the Yankees and the Red Sox because one team is going to be left home in October.

and if we keep having these meatball get drilled every five days, I don't like our chances.

put his ass in the pen for a few weeks so he understands you can't keep giving up jack after jack after jack.

The Yankees aren't going anywhere this october but the golf course, anyone with even a fraction of intelligence knows this

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still waiting for the Vazquez apologist to come back and defend their man.

He gave up a home run with the wind blowing out to a Sox killer.

Winningugly83, You would honestly rather see Haeger over Vazquez?

Get real.

5-4 Sox

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)

Who would possibly defend this turd. He's been s*** for a few seasons and is vastly overpaid and his stuff is vastly over-rated. I'm not saying he doesn't have good stuff, but its far from some of the best in baseball (despite what some people think).

People are still thinking of Javier from Montreal and he's not near the pitcher he was than. Not to mention he's got no cohonies.

But thats coming from someone who was left shaking his head when we made the deal. Not necessarily cause I hated it, more because I didn't get it.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)

I don't think he's as bad as he's pitching lately. Just look at his track record. He turned it around in the 2nd half last year and I'd be real surprised if Ozzie/Coop/KW give up on him so quick.