Sox @ Cubs - July 1

Heads22

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Again, what are the Sox paying for Vazquez?

It was a no-lose proposition

It's not like this guy has a losing record.

I was all for the Vazquez trade when it happened. So, it's not like I'm sitting here saying that trade shouldn't have been made. But now it's painfully obvious that that trade was terrible. There is no way in hell that McCarthy would be as bad as Vazquez has been. And it isn't a "no-lose proposition." This guy can be costing us games before we know it. The offense can't always bail his ass out.

Crede gfoes yard. We're within 1 again.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
He gave up a home run with the wind blowing out to a Sox killer. You would honestly rather see Haeger over Vazquez?

Get real.

5-4 Sox

He also put two men on base in front of him and has almost given up the cycle to Ramirez. He's also given up 11 hits to the worst offense in MLB.

And Fox shows a couple Cubbie douches with their "switcharoo" home run ball to throw back while they keep the real one.

HA!

And they almost call the douches out on it, until saying they were "smart" to do that.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
I don't think he's as bad as he's pitching lately. Just look at his track record. He turned it around in the 2nd half last year and I'd be real surprised if Ozzie/Coop/KW give up on him so quick.

I don't disagree that he is better than this. The question is when will he get better than this.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
Ramirez against the Sox this year: .529/.556/1.235 3 HR, 8 RBI's

Pierre against the Sox this year: .450/.476/.600

:bang

This is their world series. These are tough games. not surprising to see that.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
He also put two men on base in front of him and has almost given up the cycle to Ramirez. He's also given up 11 hits to the worst offense in MLB.

using the cubs stats without Lee to indicate their offensive firepower with Lee is a bit shortsighted

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
Who would possibly defend this turd. He's been s*** for a few seasons and is vastly overpaid and his stuff is vastly over-rated. I'm not saying he doesn't have good stuff, but its far from some of the best in baseball (despite what some people think).

People are still thinking of Javier from Montreal and he's not near the pitcher he was than. Not to mention he's got no cohonies.

But thats coming from someone who was left shaking his head when we made the deal. Not necessarily cause I hated it, more because I didn't get it.

You know you suck when Jason starts clowning you. Good post!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
He's been bad all year. Period.

Technically that isn't true, for the first two months of the season you could argue that he was the most consistent starter we had next to Jose Contreras.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Technically that isn't true, for the first two months of the season you could argue that he was the most consistent starter we had next to Jose Contreras.

Sure, against the Royals. He had a couple of good starts against the Indians. Other than that -- horses***.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
Who would possibly defend this turd. He's been s*** for a few seasons and is vastly overpaid and his stuff is vastly over-rated. I'm not saying he doesn't have good stuff, but its far from some of the best in baseball (despite what some people think).

People are still thinking of Javier from Montreal and he's not near the pitcher he was than. Not to mention he's got no cohonies.

But thats coming from someone who was left shaking his head when we made the deal. Not necessarily cause I hated it, more because I didn't get it.

the reason it happened is because, KW doesn't want to pay a preimum for pitching, Garland and Count hadn't signed their 3yr contracts, and it was a move both out of panic and point. Count's agent kept misinforming him until KW finally had a heart to heart with him. that is why we Got Vazquez.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)

that's true, at one point i was very comfortable when he was on the mound....that's long gone now

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
You know you suck when Jason starts clowning you. Good post!

I will say this, any team in baseball would be glad to have him as there 5th starter, the problem is we have really high expectations for our rotation and for Vazquez since we gave up a very very promising player in Chris Young (the type that doesn't come around very often). We also stunted the growth over a very promising pitching prospect (Brandon McCarthy and may have messed up his long term future by throwing him the pen).

But I have never been as enamored with Vazquez as a lot of people have. I get enamored with guys when they struggle because of control or something else, Vazquez really doesn't walk that many people or have problems with that so I had my doubts as to what Coop could do. Mentally I don't think Javier gets it and he pitches with runners on all day long or so it seems.