The Official Cliff Politte Sucks Thread

JenksForPrez45

You know even though we had the series won, sometimes it makes me so mad to see them just throw one away. Thats what they did today with Cliff. I was one of his biggest supporters on letting him get his groove back, but I dont even think Stella can get his groove back. He is throwing like a little girl and I just needed to vent my rage in the form of text. Feel free to add to this or rip me apart for writing this because i kno some will anyway.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
maybe we do the impossible and catch up without those 4 earned runs by pollitte.

f*** that. This was not Cliffy's loss. Come on, let's get real. The whole staff sucked balls today, especially our "ace".

I thank Cliff for everything he did with the Sox (especially last year) but its evident that he is not 100% and with his limited range of motion and the injury he is not an effective pitcher.

Thats it, no ifs ands or buts about it. Its time for him to have his surgery, get the chips removed and he should prepare for next season, whether its with the Sox or somewhere else. He'll always be a key kog to that 05 team and hopefully he'll be able to return as a key kog when he gets healthy next season.

Its time for Tracey to come back up so the club can see whether he can be an effective reliever, if he can't (and I assume Hermy won't be able to) than it will be time for the club to get another reliever.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
maybe we do the impossible and catch up without those 4 earned runs by pollitte.

That's why I'm pissed at Ozzie. Make no mistake about it, this loss is mainly on Buehrle. He was awful. But Ozzie basically conceded the game when he sent Politte back out there in the 8th. Does giving up a bomb to Angel god damn Pagan not indicate that the guy has nothing?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
f*** that. This was not Cliffy's loss. Come on, let's get real. The whole staff sucked balls today, especially our "ace".

That doesn't mean Cliff didn't suck. He's horrible with those bone chips. I don't care if every other player gave up 10 runs for us, the other guys have proven something good this year, Cliff has proven that he sucks this year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
That doesn't mean Cliff didn't suck. He's horrible with those bone chips. I don't care if every other player gave up 10 runs for us, the other guys have proven something good this year, Cliff has proven that he sucks this year.

I agree this game told Ozzie what he really needs to know about politte. He now knows undisputedly that he cannot count on him at all. gullien didn't know that after the Pirate game. That homer could have been a fluke, but now he knows. In addition, he plays the next 7days without a day off why burn another pitcher when your down by that much? He accomplished saving his pen and knowing politte blows chunks. The sox will most likely keep politte throughout the week, which would be a mistake. The all star break will be the end of the line for Cliff.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
I agree this game told Ozzie what he really needs to know about politte. He now knows undisputedly that he cannot count on him at all. gullien didn't know that after the Pirate game. That homer could have been a fluke, but now he knows. In addition, he plays the next 7days without a day off why burn another pitcher when your down by that much? He accomplished saving his pen and knowing politte blows chunks. The sox will most likely keep politte throughout the week, which would be a mistake. The all star break will be the end of the line for Cliff.

Great post and I completely agree.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 05:28 PM)

I think this is a record for the longest uncontested "Mark Buehrle is not an ace" ever. Congrats! :D

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
Nothing like beating a dead horse until it's not really a horse anymore.

:lol:

I'm going to do something I almost never do, and that's agree with a post that says to get rid of somone, and that's becuase Cliff has shown me NOTHING this year. I hate to say it, but yeah, I think he's done. To bring up my own usual point, maybe he's not, but... yeah, like I said, not even ONE good thing have I seen from him at ALL this year. Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I am.

I've seen Buehrle give up 7 runs in an inning before, but giving up a home run to a pitcher? Wow. Bad outing to say the least. I was sitting there while Mark was still pitching after giving up 7 with bases loaded, no outs in the 5th thinking, "Why the hell is he still in the game?"

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Politte sucks. Its evident he can't even be used for mop-up duty anymore. The Sox need to remove him from the roster. That said, this game is on Buerhle. That was one pitiful effort.

seriously...buerhle looked awful.