Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 08:35 AM)
I dont care how staged this "sport" is, but John Cena got his ass whooped by William Regal last night. Even Fit Finlay looked like he was somewhat pulling his punches last night, but Regal was blasting Cena bigtime, and Cena had his arm tied behind his back. It looked extremely painful.

I heart William Regal.

In fact, I heart that whole stable right now. Regal, Finlay, Booker...that's good stuff.

Just get rid of the roster split so I can see these guys more.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(T R U @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 02:00 AM)
I demand more Randy Orton

Yes, you may steal my sig. LoL

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 07:35 AM)
I dont care how staged this "sport" is, but John Cena got his ass whooped by William Regal last night. Even Fit Finlay looked like he was somewhat pulling his punches last night, but Regal was blasting Cena bigtime, and Cena had his arm tied behind his back. It looked extremely painful.

Regal and Finlay have always been stiff workers in their career.

Read that Cryme Time had a dark match and they were SUPER Over. Thise vignettes are hilarious and anyone who is offended by them needs to loosen up. It's called SATIRE!

I'm a WWE guy, always have been, even when WCW started killing the them in the ratings and stealing all their guys. I stuck with WWF(E). But, I think they are hagving a hard time pushing more guys to the stardom ranks these days like they once could. I guess it's pretty unfair for guys like Edge, John Cena, Randy Orton, etc...to follow in the footsteps of The Rock, Austin and Triple H. I miss the late '90's early 2000's when pretty much all 3, WWE, WCW, and ECW were loaded with talent and going strong.

One thing I don't like anymore with WWE is the lack of tag team wrestling, it looks like now they are starting to develop some teams, which is good. I really like Cade/Murdoch, why they split those 2 up and took the belts from them is beyond me. I hope they get that push again.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
I'm a WWE guy, always have been, even when WCW started killing the them in the ratings and stealing all their guys. I stuck with WWF(E). But, I think they are hagving a hard time pushing more guys to the stardom ranks these days like they once could. I guess it's pretty unfair for guys like Edge, John Cena, Randy Orton, etc...to follow in the footsteps of The Rock, Austin and Triple H. I miss the late '90's early 2000's when pretty much all 3, WWE, WCW, and ECW were loaded with talent and going strong.

One thing I don't like anymore with WWE is the lack of tag team wrestling, it looks like now they are starting to develop some teams, which is good. I really like Cade/Murdoch, why they split those 2 up and took the belts from them is beyond me. I hope they get that push again.

They haven't had a good tag team division for years. Hopefully with Cade and Murdoch, the Highlanders, the Spirit Squad, and Cryme Time, they'll put something together again. They just need to stop breaking up the teams to push one guy and Jannetty the other guy.

And I'd like to say, Carlito really works as a face. For some reason, he reminds me of the Rock.

Yes, you may steal my sig. LoL

Regal and Finlay have always been stiff workers in their career.

I stole your sig too because thats how Cryme Tyme does it, b'otch.

Read that Cryme Time had a dark match and they were SUPER Over. Thise vignettes are hilarious and anyone who is offended by them needs to loosen up. It's called SATIRE!

I can't help but watch those viggie's over and over and over on youtube.

Edited by MinnesotaSoxFan

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
They haven't had a good tag team division for years. Hopefully with Cade and Murdoch, the Highlanders, the Spirit Squad, and Cryme Time, they'll put something together again. They just need to stop breaking up the teams to push one guy and Jannetty the other guy.

And I'd like to say, Carlito really works as a face. For some reason, he reminds me of the Rock.

Supposedly WWE has told carltio they want him to act more like The Rock.

I like the Jannetty the other guy reference.

They split up too many teams I would love to see Haas/Benjamin, Sylvan/Conway and some of the others I'm forgetting put back together.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
Supposedly WWE has told carltio they want him to act more like The Rock.

I like the Jannetty the other guy reference.

They split up too many teams I would love to see Haas/Benjamin, Sylvan/Conway and some of the others I'm forgetting put back together.

Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore and Conway -- Los Conquistadores, baby!

They need the Olympic Tag Team back together again to help push two of the more talented wrestlers. Shelton is languishing with a dumb "They hate me cuz I'm black" gimmick and any time you're paired with Viscera for a storyline, there's probably a few times where you'll be languishing on TV.

--

On the Angle front, TNA is doing a good job at keeping him out of the ring until he's all healthy. Oh, it's real. It's damn real.

--

And Reefer Rest Hold -- talk about cruising hack. Talk about boring as watching paint dry. Hardy/Nitro is Flair/Funk from '89 comparitively. He's just a bland heel wrestler with nothing to really set him apart -- talent or character.

Pretty good match on ECW tonight vs. RVD and Holly. Yes, Hardcore Holly. The crowd gave Holly a standing O after the match. They did a spot where Holly suplexed RVD from the apron, through a couple of tables. Holly had a HUGE cut on his back. Looked about 9 inches wide and rather deep.

In Today's Squared Circle news...

Kid Kash aka 1/2 of the pitbulls was fired today.

The Matt Hardy/Gregory Helms match on the 9/15 Smackdown is the lowest rated Smackdown segment ever.

It appears that Rodney Mack will join WWECW

And Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin could be reuniting, but only because the brass thinks that Benjamin is average at best.

Picked up the Brian Pillman DVD today. He was one of my favs in the 90s when I was really into wrestling. Haven't watched the documentary but went through some of the matches. He really goes under the radar as one of the better workers in his time. He had great matches with Liger as well as big guys.

Can't believe it will be 10 years next year that he died.

Edited by Brian

Justin Credible has been fired from the E for no-showing an ECWWE event.

Also, would anybody be into playing a WWE fantasy league on here for the Soxtalkers?

http://www.wwe.com/play/fantasy/

Gotta sign up soon and we could create a competitive league. If people are interested in the next day or two, I'll try to create a league on there.

Edit: I need peoples' e-mails that are interested cuz that is the way they send out the info.

Edit Part Deux: The league is named Soxtalk and the password is orton If you can get in, do it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
I signed up in there but have no clue what to watch for.

You get points for: http://www.wwe.com/play/fantasy/scoring/

# Television (RAW/SmackDown/ECW) Appearance (+3)

# Television (RAW/SmackDown/ECW) Match (+5)

# Television (RAW/SmackDown/ECW) Win (+7)

# Pay Per View Appearance (+5)

# Pay Per View Match (+8)

# Pay Per View Win (+12)

# All Shows: Win a Championship (+20)

# All Shows: Retain a Championship (+8)

# All Shows: Participation in a Specialty Match (+3)

# All Shows: Winning a Specialty Match (+5)

# All Shows: Eliminating an Opponent (+2)

# All Shows: Executed/Locked-in Signature Move (+1)

# All Shows: Signature Move victory (+4)

# All Shows: Signature Move Escape (+3)

# All Shows: Foreign Object Shot (+3)

# All Shows: Final Match (+3)

# All Shows: Disqualification (-4)

# All Shows: Suspension (-10)

You get $30 million per week and have to make a roster of wrestlers who score points based on the above criteria. Main eventers are the most expensive and others are less expensive ($5 million to $500,000) The team that scores the most points is the winner.

The deadline to make roster changes for the current week is Monday at 7 PM (ET). That way nobody can read spoilers etc.

Jeff Hardy wins IC title. I love Melina's body but usually her face is messed up. But tonight she looked kinda pretty.

Only thing good about Cena winning the cage match? Hopefully the Edge feud is over with. WWE dropped the ball. Edge had tons of heat when he won the title in January and they immediatly took the belt off him and he has been stale ever since. Hopefully he gets into a good program.

I fear Umaga winning the Loser Leaves Raw match next week then the inevitable borefest of Umaga vs. Cena takes place.