Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon DVD is pretty damn entertaining. Just got it today. The matches were good and the character was pretty damn entertaining.

And Critic, check out some of Joe's stuff in ROH (i.e. Punk/Joe etc.) and you'll see why he's seen as pretty damn good.

I've looked online for a bunch of his stuff to try to find something that justifies his highly-regarded position among "smarks", and I just don't see it. I watched that match of the year candidate you posted a while back and he just does nothing for me. Not terrible, mind you, just nothing special in my opinion.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
And I am not buying that slob with the tit-high workout shorts being a "killer", either.

I agree with you, I am not impressed by him..

Also.. I thought watching Angle in TNA didnt quite compare to him in WWE.. I didnt see the end of the match though, someone fill me in

QUOTE(T R U @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)

Also.. I thought watching Angle in TNA didnt quite compare to him in WWE.. I didnt see the end of the match though, someone fill me in

Have you guys seen his ROH work? There's a match against Kenta that is off the charts

QUOTE(T R U @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)

Angle made Abyss tap to the ankle lock, Joeverrated ran in, some double-teaming occurs, Sting comes down to get some batting practice in on Abyss, Samoverrated puts an unconscious Angle in an ankle lock and rear naked choke to end the show.

Saw genesis tonight. Vince Russo writing is starting to shine through and I hope they ditch him before it is too late. Sting losing the title on a DQ because it was the refs decision? Guys going heel to babyface back to heel in one week? title changes galore?

Joe vs. Angle was ok. Good ending. Good drama.

Styles and Christian was ok. Not as great as it could of been as it seemed to just push the Styles vs. Danielson storyline.

Other matches were pretty garbage.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
Saw genesis tonight. Vince Russo writing is starting to shine through and I hope they ditch him before it is too late. Sting losing the title on a DQ because it was the refs decision? Guys going heel to babyface back to heel in one week? title changes galore?

Joe vs. Angle was ok. Good ending. Good drama.

Styles and Christian was ok. Not as great as it could of been as it seemed to just push the Styles vs. Danielson storyline.

Other matches were pretty garbage.

Whatever Vince Russo touches turns to s***, and I too hope that TNA realizes that before they become a complete joke.

The DQ title change is ridiculous, and I wonder how short a reign Abyss will be given. I can't imagine it would be more than through the next PPV.

Stripping LAX of the tag belts make SOME sense, at least (more of the "gringos" keeping them down or whatever), but it's kind of weak.

VKM is awful, as usual.

The Movement is just the usual Raven deal - brainwash some midcarders and abuse them when they lose.

Kevin Nash needs to PLEASE just go away. Far far away.

I shouldn't find Eric Young entertaining at all, but strangely, I do, in a pathetic "Eugene" kind of way.

Oh, and one last thing - if TNA is serious about competing with Vince, they need to send Don West back to hawking NASCAR decorative plates on QVC. That guy makes Mark Madden sound like Gordon Solie.

QUOTE(T R U @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Kurt Angle is the only thing worth a crap that TNA has.. Ill continue to watch it since its on primetime now, but I have not been a big fan of what I have seen so far..

I don't blame you. If you started watching about a year ago, I think you would feel differently, but right now, it is not very good.

Angle juiced big time last night. It was nasty, When he first did it, it was like a running faucet from his forehead.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)
I don't blame you. If you started watching about a year ago, I think you would feel differently, but right now, it is not very good.

Angle juiced big time last night. It was nasty, When he first did it, it was like a running faucet from his forehead.

Yeah I heard it was reminiscent of Hart/Austin at Wrestlemania 13

Just an FYI, GA tickets for ROH in Chicago Ridge on both Dec. 8 and 9 are only $10 at rohwrestling.com between now and 11 AM on Thursday.

Cards so far:

Dec. 8th:

ROH World Title Steel Cage Match

Bryan Danielson defends vs. Samoa Joe

Grudge Match

Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs w/ Lacey

Dragon Gate Rules

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Matt Sydal & Shingo

Special Challenge Match

Homicide vs. Brent Albright

Dec. 9th:

Gut Check Rematch

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

Six Man Captain's Match

Bryan Danielson, Jimmy Rave, & Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious & ??? & ???

Stipulations TBA

Homicide vs. Adam Pearce

Grudge Match # 1 (if Joe wins the World Title on 12/8 he will put the belt on the line)

Samoa Joe vs. Mark Briscoe

Grudge Match # 2

Jay Briscoe vs. Davey Richards

The bolded matches on each night are worth the $10 alone. The GA seats are still very good. I encourge everyone to go to at least one night. Seeing ROH live will make you understand why many of the 'smarks' can't stand WWE right now and why Joe is far from overrated.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Just an FYI, GA tickets for ROH in Chicago Ridge on both Dec. 8 and 9 are only $10 at rohwrestling.com between now and 11 AM on Thursday.

Cards so far:

Dec. 8th:

ROH World Title Steel Cage Match

Bryan Danielson defends vs. Samoa Joe

Grudge Match

Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs w/ Lacey

Dragon Gate Rules

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Matt Sydal & Shingo

Special Challenge Match

Homicide vs. Brent Albright

Dec. 9th:

Gut Check Rematch

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

Six Man Captain's Match

Bryan Danielson, Jimmy Rave, & Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious & ??? & ???

Stipulations TBA

Homicide vs. Adam Pearce

Grudge Match # 1 (if Joe wins the World Title on 12/8 he will put the belt on the line)

Samoa Joe vs. Mark Briscoe

Grudge Match # 2

Jay Briscoe vs. Davey Richards

The bolded matches on each night are worth the $10 alone. The GA seats are still very good. I encourge everyone to go to at least one night. Seeing ROH live will make you understand why many of the 'smarks' can't stand WWE right now and why Joe is far from overrated.

Awesome card. Wish I could go.....

Oh yeah, about the TNA PPV - the Styles/Cage match was awesome, Angle/Joe was great but too short, Sting/Abyss was very good despite the ending, The X-Divison Title match was awesome (Sabin/Daniels) - all in all, a very good PPV. Worth buying the replay or the dvd.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
Nitro/Hardy even?

I'm not a fan of ladder matches, to be honest.

Too predictable, even for wrestling. It was okay for what it is, but I've seen too many of them, so I kinda zoned out.

I'm really not a fan of gimmick matches in general, although TNA put a decent spin on the Cage/Rhino cage match with the weapons stipulation.

And I lose interest in Nitro right after his manager's ring entrance. :wub: :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
And I lose interest in Nitro right after his manager's ring entrance. :wub: :D

Until the shrieking wakes you back up again.

I'm gonna be interested to see if they get Edge another Valet now, since Lita is leaving after Sunday.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 03:47 AM)
Until the shrieking wakes you back up again.

I'm gonna be interested to see if they get Edge another Valet now, since Lita is leaving after Sunday.

No, I REALLY can't take that shrieking.

I usually go channel-surfing after her entrance.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 06:25 AM)
Critic, there's just one thing to say to your Joe apathy and your dislike of the recent Raw.

DAMN.

200px-Faarooq.jpg

HA!

Nice!

I'm sorry, I know the Joe Tribe is behind him all the way, but I just don't see anything special in him. He's not terrible, I just find him ordinary. Like a bloated, taller Scott Norton.

And did you actually LIKE last Monday's Raw???

From the opening clusterf*** segment, to the Umaga squash of Sabu, to the poor Spirit Squad kid having to job to the 60-year-old, 86% body fat Dusty Rhodes to the "bag over her head" women's match (wrong woman wore the bag, by the way), to the Monday Nitro-esque "all hands on deck" sloppy run-in finish, it was just unbearable to me. I couldn't even find any morbid humor in it, that's how badly it sat with me.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 07:02 AM)
I'm sorry, I know the Joe Tribe is behind him all the way, but I just don't see anything special in him. He's not terrible, I just find him ordinary. Like a bloated, taller Scott Norton.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm now 99.9% sure you haven't seen the core of Joe's work.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm now 99.9% sure you haven't seen the core of Joe's work.

I've seen a mess of clips on the Net and basically everything he's done in TNA.

If he saves his best stuff for high school gyms, that's not the most effective business plan, I don't think.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 07:02 AM)
HA!

Nice!

And did you actually LIKE last Monday's Raw???

From the opening clusterf*** segment, to the Umaga squash of Sabu, to the poor Spirit Squad kid having to job to the 60-year-old, 86% body fat Dusty Rhodes to the "bag over her head" women's match (wrong woman wore the bag, by the way), to the Monday Nitro-esque "all hands on deck" sloppy run-in finish, it was just unbearable to me. I couldn't even find any morbid humor in it, that's how badly it sat with me.

He's got more charisma than Norton and works an effective strong style in the US. It's a kind of refreshing style of wrestling when compared to the "safe" style of the E and the spot-fest style that is getting heavily promoted in TNA etc.

And as for last week's Raw, I didn't even watch because I figured it'd be crap. Looks like my premonition was right.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
The going story for Sabu getting squashed at Raw by UUUUUUUUUMAGA is that he has shown up to work late and recently fell asleep at a show -- which management thought was offensive to other workers.

If I were Vince, I'd get mad at the writers for coming up with horses*** storylines that can't even keep the workers awake.

But that would mean holding Stephanie accountable, and that just ain't happening.