Official Game Thread 7/7 - Sawx vs Sox 7:35

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me what our record is with Widger catching this season? The worst thing about losing to the Red Sox is having to deal with some of their annoying fans. I love the ones that will defend every and anything bad written about a Red Sox player on this site.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
Because you can tell in the last week, he's not comfortable at the plate. Never did I say he's doing bad.

What the hell are you talking about? He looks fine at the plate. Hitting the ball well, walking, with 2 HR and 6 RBIs in the last week.

He looks extremely comfortable at the plate. Just because he hits into 1 DP doesn't mean he is uncomfortable. He had a walk and a hard single before that.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
I really hope we can Vazquez after the ASB, and put B-Mac in.

There's a better chance Tracey is brought back up to the team....and there's a 0 pct chance of that ever happening.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
What the hell are you talking about? He looks fine at the plate. Hitting the ball well, walking, with 2 HR and 6 RBIs.

He looks extremely comfortable at the plate. Just because he hits into 1 DP doesn't mean he is uncomfortable. He had a walk and a hard single before that.

He's hit into like 3 double plays this week where he rolled over on the pitch. PK is one of the most obvious guys to judge how they feel at the plate, and he's been frustrated all week on pitches.

I swear that some of you haven't ever seen this team play before. They'll win tonight. And if they don't they'll win the next two. Hitting as well as they are and down by 3 with more than a few innings left shouldn't be too much. Just need a little Bonnie Tyler. That's all.

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
I swear that some of you haven't ever seen this team play before. They'll win tonight. And if they don't they'll win the next two. Hitting as well as they are and down by 3 with more than a few innings left shouldn't be too much. Just need a little Bonnie Tyler. That's all.

Good point. This game is far from over.

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)

Tonight was important, as I've seen Garcia pitch, and he doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping the Red Sox under 5 runs tomorrow. If Garcia allows less than 5 runs tomorrow, and the White Sox win, I won't post for 5 games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
He's hit into like 3 double plays this week where he rolled over on the pitch. PK is one of the most obvious guys to judge how they feel at the plate, and he's been frustrated all week on pitches.

LOL. 2 of those were on hard hit balls. I mean seriously. He's looked great at the plate the last week.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
There's a better chance Tracey is brought back up to the team....and there's a 0 pct chance of that ever happening.

Oh, trust me, I believe this. I just really wish we'd let B-Mac get the chance he deserves coming off the last two months of last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Can someone please tell me what our record is with Widger catching this season?

Yeah I'd like to know what it is as well. Our pitching always seems subpar when Widger is behind the plate.