Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
Yes, but it's also painfully clear that they're still the #4 starting staff in the AL despite all those problems. And it'd be pretty hard for them to do worse in the 2nd half than they did in the first.

Who are 1, 2, and 3?

Yes, but it's also painfully clear that they're still the #4 starting staff in the AL despite all those problems. And it'd be pretty hard for them to do worse in the 2nd half than they did in the first.

Definitely..and name a 4 man rotation that you would rather have going in to the playoffs?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
How are you not? What has he done to make us believe otherwise? McCarthy grew up a starter, and it's hard to convert. And don't give me that "Cotts did it" crap, because, yes, it can happen, but its VERY hard.

And as a filler for the bullpen, we could trade some prospects to the Cubs for one of their good relievers. Maybe Hermanson will come back strong? I don't know.

From the day it was announced, I argued that McCarthy's pitch repetoire wasn't suited for the bullpen. He's unable to keep a good feel for his offspeed stuff out of the bullpen.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Maybe it's time to accept that this team has a totally different identity/make-up from last season?

We defenitely rely more on our offense to win games this year but that panic in the streets attitude by some around here is totally laughable. Did any of you guys honestly expect the staff to repeat last years performance?

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
Definitely..and name a 4 man rotation that you would rather have going in to the playoffs?

Santana, Liriano, Radke, whoever

Zito, Haren, Harden, Blanton

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
How are you not? What has he done to make us believe otherwise? McCarthy grew up a starter, and it's hard to convert. And don't give me that "Cotts did it" crap, because, yes, it can happen, but its VERY hard.

That doesn't mean he would go out and dominate. A few good starts last year doesn't make him a sure thing.

And as a filler for the bullpen, we could trade some prospects to the Cubs for one of their good relievers. Maybe Hermanson will come back strong? I don't know.

We would need more than a filler if we moved B-mac to the rotation. I'm not holding my breath on Hermanson.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just get rid of javy. ill trade him for an 8th inning guy, damn. jus get rid of his salary and get someone else.

btw, riske is good, but hes not an 8th inning guy.

Freddy sucks. He can't even throw hard anymore!

Garland sucks. And, haven't you ever seen his demeanor? He doesn't care about the team winning or losing!

Buehrle is starting to suck. Haven't you seen enough?!

Vazquez is nuts, and not even the good Zambrano kind!

And Contreras?

Cut him before he reverts to New York form.

Blow the team up. Except the offense.

Well, Uribe too.

And while we're at it, we need Ken Griffey.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
thats what i said, his era is 4.82, he was good in the nl. guess what, the nl f'n sux.

i would still trade javy for beckett though, not that its gunna happen.

Do you think the Red Sox are happy that their #2 starter has an ERA quickly approaching 5?

People need to realize how spoiled we became last year with the pitching. Like I said with Garland all year, there was no way he was going to pitch like he did for the first 2 or 3 months of the season all year long, and now he is coming around. Freddy won't come around until he wants to, and it seems like Vaz is the same way. Down the stretch, I would be shocked if they continue to be mediocre pitchers with 5 ERAs.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
We defenitely rely more on our offense to win games this year but that panic in the streets attitude by some around here is totally laughable. Did any of you guys honestly expect the staff to repeat last years performance?

No, I did not expect them to repeat that. But I didn't expect them to suck as horribly as they are right now. 80% have an ERA over 4.00 80%!!! Terrible, considering 40% is over 5.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)

After what that exact same crew did last season I certainly cant. These guys are money when the chips are down.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
From the day it was announced, I argued that McCarthy's pitch repetoire wasn't suited for the bullpen. He's unable to keep a good feel for his offspeed stuff out of the bullpen.

You're correct, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do this season...to put him in the bullpen, limit his innings, let him continue to face big league pitching, and let his arm develop more.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Detroit comes in at #1 (their pitchers are still putting up Historic numbers). LA Angels are 2, Oakland at 3. Seattle at 5.

I don't take solace in the fact that 2 of the other playoff teams have better starters than we do.