Contreras out of ASG

valponick

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
Buehrle's still in. So the more deserving guy dropped out.

It has nothing to do with that. Its cause jose threw about 120 pitches yesterday. Same reason Schilling isnt going.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
They just said on the score that it would either be Buehrle or Jenks replaced by Liriano.

Hopefully Buerhle, Jenks is the only pitcher we've got who deserves to be in the all-star game.

while I definitely want him to avoid potential injury pitching in an exhibition game, I really want him to be able to get the praise and cheers he deserves for being the anchor of last year's world series winner. Hopefully, he's still going to the game, even if he won't pitch.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
while I definitely want him to avoid potential injury pitching in an exhibition game, I really want him to be able to get the praise and cheers he deserves for being the anchor of last year's world series winner. Hopefully, he's still going to the game, even if he won't pitch.

blah blah blah.

im sure he of all people would rather be with his family.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
blah blah blah.

im sure he of all people would rather be with his family.

i would be surprised if doesnt go, it is his 1st allstar game, im sure he would like to take part of it all, homerun derby, the game itself, etc.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)

Yeah, I want Contreras to be there for the honor that it'd be to a guy like him.