Vazquez

Sonik22

I was just thinking that the mets look to be huge buyers this deadline with their bad pitching. With Pedro injured for now this team cannot rely on jose lima for long. Sure they will make it to the postseason but you need pitching to win, and im sure they would take vazquez if they took el duque. The only problem is the Sox would have to eat some of his contract. Does anyone else think this situation is plausible? Also what prospects do you think we could get in return?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
I was just thinking that the mets look to be huge buyers this deadline with their bad pitching. With Pedro injured for now this team cannot rely on jose lima for long. Sure they will make it to the postseason but you need pitching to win, and im sure they would take vazquez if they took el duque. The only problem is the Sox would have to eat some of his contract. Does anyone else think this situation is plausible? Also what prospects do you think we could get in return?

We're not trading Javy for prospects.

If we do any trades we won't be doing it for prospects. I believe Kenny Williams has said we are in this race to win. We would be looking for impact players. However, I would be really surprised if we traded Vazquez, Garcia or Garland.

yeah, i also seriously doubt that we give up on vazquez after a 1st half which showed good signs and bad signs.... we odviously got him for a reason and the coaching staff must see something there.... some fans see it too.

I dont think the Mets are the type of team we would want to deal with before the break. They are looking to improve immediately and so are we. If we cant get a good centerfielder, strong arm for the pen or package a few guys for an ace then we should be very selective. I wouldnt be happy trading Vas for prospects unless they were some bigtime prospects which we wouldnt be able to get for him anyway.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
If they were willing to consider Milledge, I'd do it in a second. But they've also been unwilling to consider Milledge for Zito.

Milledge............(drools)

Unfortunately, I don't think the Mets would trade Milledge for anyone right now short of Pujols, Santana, or maybe LeBron James

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Johnny Damon says hi.

Obviously, we'd have to get there first. That wasn't really my point.

You don't just trade a big part of your team to another team in contention, especially when that is a team who you are very likely to end up meeting at some point in the postseason(if you are to advance). If this is Cincinnati(especially if it's Cincinnati, if they have anything left), or Milwaukee, or Philadelphia - a team you are almost assured of not meeting up with - then I am fine. The Mets? Hell no, don't give a potential stud to the best team in the NL.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)

If we want to deal Javy and someone else for a CF and a reliever or two while inserting Bmac into the rotation I really have no problem, but if we are getting prospects in return (unless we plan on moving those spects elsewhere for a CF or RP) its a major mistake, especially when you consider the fact that we would be giving a potential world series foe an asset that fills a major weakness (there rotation).

I still want a short stop who doesn't hit .150 one month and .350 the next. I think thats the biggest need.

But I don't know much about the Mets roster, so I don't really know what we could get for Vazquez off of him. You all seem to drool over this Milledge guy, so I think I'll go look up his numbers and maybe some of their top prospects.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
If they were willing to consider Milledge, I'd do it in a second. But they've also been unwilling to consider Milledge for Zito.

Zito isn't hispanic though, Vazquez is. Vazquez for Milledge.. DO IT :P

(in reality, this deal would never happen sadly :()

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
Folks, Javy is going nowhere this season. Only contenders take on $12 million/yr contracts, and there ain't no contender that is trading us what we want/need.

Forget about trading Javier Vazquez.

*cough*7.5mill in 06*cough*

*cough*6.5mill in 07*cough*

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
*cough*7.5mill in 06*cough*

*cough*6.5mill in 07*cough*

I hate to break it to you, but he still makes what he was making despite how much cash the DBacks gave to the White Sox. So any deal of Vazquez to the Mets or any other contender would still require them to pay Javy his full salary- whether the WS were willing to send some of the money they received from the DBacks to the team Javy was traded to is an entirely different matter.

*cough* $11.5 million in 06' *cough*

*cough* $12.5 million in 07' *cough*

Edited by iamshack