Sox v. Tigers, Gamethread: Contreras v. Rogers, 12:05

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Folks, Widger is the BACKUP catcher, AJ can't start every game! Every team in the majors has the same setup as the Sox do so this shouldn't continue to be something to get angry about nor to be fixed so enuff of the ragging!

And Ozuna grounds into a double play. Way to go, Pablo :angry:

Let me introduce you to my friend Victor Martinez. I think he might've missed 5 games this year.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
Let me introduce you to my friend Victor Martinez. I think he might've missed 5 games this year.

And he's the worst defensive catcher in baseball behind Mike Piazza, some say that a contributing factor to that could be his lack of rest seeing how he's played nearly every game since comming into the bigs. There's a reason why he might be playing 1B next year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
And he's the worst defensive catcher in baseball behind Mike Piazza, some say that a contributing factor to that could be his lack of rest seeing how he's played nearly every game since comming into the bigs. There's a reason why he might be playing 1B next year.

He can't throw out anybody.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)

They've already played him at 1b 8 games this year.

at least count came to pitch today, neck and neck with rogers even though rogers had that 6 pitch first and there have been a couple DPs.

Contreras hasn't been that great, he's gotten some results but he's also missed location badly at least 1/2 dozen times. Tigers are putting some good swings on. Just saying.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
He can't throw out anybody.

With Garcia and Contreras on the mound, it really would matter if you had Johnny Bench or a guy with no arms catching, they are going to steal. I would like to see the offense start running a little more BTW>

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
Our pitchers are going to have to re-learn how to win games when the offense provides only 2 or 3 or 4 runs. I think the offense is very due for a slowdown.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Too many guys playing over their heads for our offense to continue winning games for us. This makes improving our rotation even more important.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
They've already played him at 1b 8 games this year.

Yep and with all the Ben Broussard rumors out there, I really think he'll be starting at 1B on Opening Day next season.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)

Martinez has played 8 games at 1B this yr so he hasn't started 90 games all at C.

Mauer has played in 81 games, 70 at C, 10 at DH.

The Sox have a good DH already, that's why AJ hasn't played there.