I'll see you guys in September

RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
hahahahaha, you made me laugh just now (and I needed to do so)

What is really funny, is those people will NEVER see their team "bring it home". Ever. But they keep "believing", he heh

Oh God forbid the fans hold some faith.. the same thing we did.

PS.. Where the hell is the rolleyes smiley???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
The Lol sign smiley ate it.

Did he eat the dipspiff one, too? :angry:

OMFG... LOVE the edit!!!! :lolhitting

Edited by Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)

Removed.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52467

I guess not many have read the thread. I discussed the issue last night with him. Jason should probably lock it at the top.

The puking smile has also been removed.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
Oh God forbid the fans hold some faith.. the same thing we did.

Long gone...just like the profanity words. They've all been filtered out because too many people failed to show other posters respect. Its became too hard to possibly moderate every little thing on the site so the hope is that people will see this and realize if they want to keep trying to push the envelope they'll be doing it on another site (and the beauty of being a Sox fan on the net is that if you don't fit in at one site there are two others that have certain niche's that you could very well fit in on).

I'm not about to say were the best site on the Web, but I'm confident in what teh site has to offer and I think it provides a great service to Sox fans.

Hopefully that makes some sense Steff as to why some stuff has dissapeared and the same goes to anyone else thats wondering why you may have seen a few smilies go away or see some words that get typed in now becoming a new word.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
I disagree. Why make a huge post about you leaving? It wouldnt effect my day either way. Later.

The post was about a lot more than him stating he's leaving. I love Soxtalk. This site has been a big part of my life (I hate to admit that) over the last 4 years. But it hasn't been very enjoyable of late. The constant gloom and doom posts by various posters is really starting to get old. Why is it so hard for some people to keep a damn perspective? No team's season ends because of a 2-7 stretch in July. What's even more frustrating is that we saw this same movie last year. No matter what's happened the last couple weeks, this is nothing compared to what almost happened last year. Are there legitimate concerns? Most definitely. I had some concerns even before the Boston series. This is a message board. And one of the great things about message boards is it allows you to share your opinions, express yourself, ect. I don't have a problem with that. But to deem the season over after every slump? Just stop watching the damn team if you're that damn emotional.

Theres nothing wrong with being negative. Its what has defined SOX fans for generations.

Personally I wish you'd stop speaking for Sox fans as a group, as if you have some sort of omniprescent knowledge.

Sox fans are as diverse a group as fans of any team ... tuned negatively, tuned positively, and in the middle.

So for you to say Sox fans are defined that way is, in your words, unrealistic, irresponsible, and ridiculous.

And I agree with Ribbie about the large downturn in baseball discussion here. Points are beaten to death, how many more times do we need to read "Sox hitters are purposely trying to pull the outside pitch and hit a homer", I think we get it after the millionth time.

The one poster got into the game thread and talked about how it was 65% Widger bashing. Talk about seeking attention, "let's see who can come up with the most clever Widger insult". This site has become "take out your frustrations here" instead of talking about baseball. And I get a big kick out of people calling themselves pessimists and walking around with it like it's a badge of honor. Nice. But that's certainly your right, I won't debate that. Just as it's other people's right to speak up about it.

Oh well.

Thanks Flash and Jay. I didn't see the previous conversation regarding the changes.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
It's not an edit. Language filters have replaced "s.hit" with "spiff" and "f.uck" with "fish."

I used the wrong word. Soooorrrreeee. :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
Stick around Ribbie...sure a few people are over-reacting, even if it is the vast majority. We are a good team and if they don't accomplish things this year it will be a dissapointment but hey we won last year and if things don't work out this year (and the odds of us winning it all, while they are good, they are obviously far from a lock) I'm confident in our staff to make thing even better for next year.

I don't get it. We get a great pitching performance and aside from one inning in this series it was 3 strong pitching performances. We may have lost the series but I'm a lot less concerned today than I was entering the series, I'll tell you that much.

The Tigers are a good team and the Twins/Yanks are good teams that are close to us in the Wild Card, but the Sox still have all the talent in the world and i'm not going to let a little losing streak discourage me.

If people want to be ridiculous and put up choke avatars and the such fine, but I don't see how the hell this team is choking. They play hard and they never quit, if they fail they fail, but it won't be because our team didn't try.

Preach, Jason. And I think you make a damn good point in that we should be very encouraged by our starting pitching in this series. Other than one inning, we shut down a very good offense for 3 games. Will it continue? Will obviously find out. But it's something to build on.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
The post was about a lot more than him stating he's leaving. I love Soxtalk. This site has been a big part of my life (I hate to admit that) over the last 4 years. But it hasn't been very enjoyable of late. The constant gloom and doom posts by various posters is really starting to get old. Why is it so hard for some people to keep a damn perspective? No team's season ends because of a 2-7 stretch in July. What's even more frustrating is that we saw this same movie last year. No matter what's happened the last couple weeks, this is nothing compared to what almost happened last year. Are there legitimate concerns? Most definitely. I had some concerns even before the Boston series. This is a message board. And one of the great things about message boards is it allows you to share your opinions, express yourself, ect. I don't have a problem with that. But to deem the season over after every slump? Just stop watching the damn team if you're that damn emotional.

Someone makes a whole goodbye thread crying about how he can't bear to see another negative post -- and it's everyone else that's "that damn emotional"? Lol.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)

I agree completely.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Personally I wish you'd stop speaking for Sox fans as a group, as if you have some sort of omniprescent knowledge.

Sox fans are as diverse a group as fans of any team ... tuned negatively, tuned positively, and in the middle.

So for you to say Sox fans are defined that way is, in your words, unrealistic, irresponsible, and ridiculous.

And I agree with Ribbie about the large downturn in baseball discussion here. Points are beaten to death, how many more times do we need to read "Sox hitters are purposely trying to pull the outside pitch and hit a homer", I think we get it after the millionth time.

The one poster got into the game thread and talked about how it was 65% Widger bashing. Talk about seeking attention, "let's see who can come up with the most clever Widger insult". This site has become "take out your frustrations here" instead of talking about baseball. And I get a big kick out of people calling themselves pessimists and walking around with it like it's a badge of honor. Nice. But that's certainly your right, I won't debate that. Just as it's other people's right to speak up about it.

Oh well.

I think in general when you have a site with as many posts per day as this one your going to get all kinds of discussion for all kinds of posters. Certain fans want one thing, others want another but our goal it create a happy medium that encourages intelligent discussion and all the different cursing, name calling, and use of one smilie was absolutley ruining that.

We hope that by enforcing our new policies to a T that we'll be able to put an end to that drivel which in turn will put an emphasis on intelligent baseball discusion.

Last nights game thread had some great discussion about Vazquez, you had people talking about the positives of his start and others talking about the negatives and some great counter points in between. Some of the trade threads have also had some outstanding discussion. One thread in particular involved you and Flash discussing some of the different things/ways you'd like to see the organization go about draft and developing players.

As a whole this site is filled with all kinds of intelligent, bright posters and we are going to do what we can to encourage that type of discussion.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Someone makes a whole goodbye thread crying about how he can't bear to see another negative post -- and it's everyone else that's "that damn emotional"? Lol.

All the dude was saying is that he's gonna take a break from this board. I don't blame him. I would do the same thing if I wasn't so addicted to this place. I'm just gonna start ignoring certain posters.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
And I get a big kick out of people calling themselves pessimists and walking around with it like it's a badge of honor. Nice. But that's certainly your right, I won't debate that. Just as it's other people's right to speak up about it.

Oh well.

I like realistic pessimists...just not the overly-negative pessimists spewing their hopeless doom-and-gloom bullspiff over and over and over again...

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)

A lot of people have been on this site and helped to make it successful, Ribbie was one of them. And he makes a great point. I hardly look in the main soxtalk board anymore myself. Because I can't seem to find much worth talking about or reading without having to sort through hundreds of posts about how much someone hates Chris Widger or Jay Mariotti or Freddy Garcia.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)

I think you are taking his post to the extreme and assuming more than what is there.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Preach, Jason. And I think you make a damn good point in that we should be very encouraged by our starting pitching in this series. Other than one inning, we shut down a very good offense for 3 games. Will it continue? Will obviously find out. But it's something to build on.

And its exactly whats needed, now we see if Garcia and Buehrle can strart to straighten things out because if the pitching can build off these first three starts and start to feed off each other we'll see this losing streak during into a huge stretch of winning baseball where we can close the gap with the Tigers or anyone else in a hurry.

Is it a gaurantee that it will happen, no, but I think its something that you got to be encouraged with. Sure I'd have liked to win the series, but if two months from now we find out our rotation went gang busters from here on out I'd say this was a monumental series because it started the mojo.

We could have played awful and won the series (we've done that a few times this year) instead we played pretty damn good, fell a bit short cause they played better, but appear to be heading in the right direction.

People can call me an optimist, but I call things like I see em. When everyone was bashing the offense last year I continued to say it was an offense well built for the post-season and it turns out it really was. The way our guys would battle good pitchers and find ways to get things done. The offense does that and more this year and the pitching needs to pick things up for a stretch and we'll see what happens these next few weeks but I got a good feeling we are going to be seeing a serious run of strong starting pitching out of our guys.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
All the dude was saying is that he's gonna take a break from this board. I don't blame him. I would do the same thing if I wasn't so addicted to this place. I'm just gonna start ignoring certain posters.

I just ignore the game threads once the jackassery starts up, and lately I've been spending way less time in the Pale Hose Talk forum.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
A lot of people have been on this site and helped to make it successful, Ribbie was one of them. And he makes a great point. I hardly look in the main soxtalk board anymore myself. Because I can't seem to find much worth talking about or reading without having to sort through hundreds of posts about how much someone hates Chris Widger or Jay Mariotti or Freddy Garcia.

Don't forget about how worthless Scott Podsednik is, and how he's done nothing for this team in the year and a half he's been here.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
I like realistic pessimists...just not the overly-negative pessimists spewing their hopeless doom-and-gloom bullspiff over and over and over again...

Hell one of my favorite posters on this site is Fathom. He sees things a little differently than me but at the same time the posts he make are very intelligent and give you the other side of the spectrum.