White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is really summing up the difference between this year and last year. Last year Uribe (or someone in a similar situation) is asked to bunt, and it's done. That IMO changes the inning and game completely. It puts a lot more pressure on Wasdin. Instead he's just handed 1st and 2nd with 1 out instead of 2nd and 3rd with one out.

Mack would have had that :P

Well I will be the one to say it ... Mackowiak would've been SKEWERED on this site if he'd been the one out there for that debacle.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)

You can only imagine what the outcry on here would have been if Mackowiak did that same thing. The second most disappointing thing this season, besides our starting pitching, has been our outfield defense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
You can only imagine what the outcry on here would have been if Mackowiak did that same thing. The second most disappointing thing this season, besides our starting pitching, has been our outfield defense.

Players who don't routinely (as in at least once a game) blow plays get a little more slack from criticism.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)

We can all complain about pitching nonstop, but our "most powerful offense in baseball" continues not to return any pressure whatsover on opposing team's pitching. 1,2 or 3 runs max in nine innings is just not going to get it done. Minny gave up six runs and still won by 7, plain and simple!!! We have way too many guys hitting over three hundred and too many HRs to be losing games every time we give up 5 runs............................

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
We can all complain about pitching nonstop, but our "most powerful offense in baseball" continues not to return any pressure whatsover on opposing team's pitching. 1,2 or 3 runs max in nine innings is just not going to get it done. Minny gave up six runs and still won by 7, plain and simple!!! We have way too many guys hitting over three hundred and too many HRs to be losing games every time we give up 5 runs............................

The Sox offense carried this team for an entire half of the season. Isn't it about time our pitching picks up the offense? Literally, the only time I can remember our pitching bailing out our offense was the Garcia/Reyes game.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 02:38 AM)
Showalter trying to burn his pen in the first game of the series.

or just win

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
The Sox offense carried this team for an entire half of the season. Isn't it about time our pitching picks up the offense? Literally, the only time I can remember our pitching bailing out our offense was the Garcia/Reyes game.

or just win

Amen.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
Players who don't routinely (as in at least once a game) blow plays get a little more slack from criticism.

I dont know about that one. I hate to play the race card but Anderson got away with that because he is *cough white cough*