Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When you give Michael Young the chance to beat you after walk somebody, you're asking for it....I guess it was only a matter of time before Bobby Jenks started contributing to this losing streak, after all, everyone else is.

And this game is OVER.....

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
This is why Jenks shouldn't pitch in the 8th. He's a 9th inning guy, not someone that gets 2 inning saves.

If he can't get 4 batters out, then he doesn't deserve to be a MLB pitcher. You called it though....congrats!

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
When you give Michael Young the chance to beat you after walk somebody, you're asking for it....I guess it was only a matter of time before Bobby Jenks started contributing to this losing streak, after all, everyone else is.

And this game is OVER.....

Isn't Jenks ERA now like 8 this month? His fastball has been slower for a while now. It's more like 96 mph than the 98-99.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
If he can't get 4 batters out, then he doesn't deserve to be a MLB pitcher. You called it though....congrats!

Don't congratulate me. This isn't something that I want to see, nor is it something I'm happy about.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:56 AM)
Don't congradulate me. This isn't something that I want to see, nor is it something I'm happy about.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that at all. I was just saying that you did a great job pointing out that stat.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Your excuse book is a large one.

I still believe this is just a blip on the radar - we'll turn this around, it just isn't happening right now for the White Sox, whether you talk about starting pitching (obviously Garcia pitched well tonight), relief pitching or the hitting. An overall team effort this slump is, and this team is too good to stay down for long.