Back In Victory Lane

aboz56

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Definitely. The manager who led the team to its first World Series title since 1917 should get removed for yelling at a pitcher who can't complete a simple order.

How about the manager show some professionalism and worry about getting his team out of a slump instead of getting revenge at Showalter?

Edited by fathom

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Definitely. The manager who led the team to its first World Series title since 1917 should get removed for yelling at a pitcher who can't complete a simple order.

Yeah, yell at your pitcher as he's throwing a 1 hit shut out through 4 innings because he tried and failed to hit a batter. Ozzie should know better than to show up his own players like that... again

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)

Its not even close to that. There are so many things behind the scenes that its absolutely disgusting. I can't speak of the Garland situation, but NO PLAYER deserved what Tracey got. And yes it matters to protect our players and publicly bereating them is not needed in the majors.

If they don't hustle, fine; if htey don't get in a few bunts, give em extra practice, but if they try to hit a guy and miss, I'm sorry you can say hey whats up don't do that again, but to publicly go off on them I got problems. And than when it continues from even that, I got more problems.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
I haven't really been watching. I've been going back and forth to the kitchen for lunch. Ozzie yelled at Garland? Was it bad? Televised or on the radio? Anyone have a clue what Guillen was saying?

On FSN they showed a 15 second clip, it looked pretty bad as Garland was walking away as Ozzie was yelling at him.

Jon rolls through the 5th after striking out Wilkerson looking on a changeup. Now lets get a few more for Jon.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
On FSN they showed a 15 second clip, it looked pretty bad as Garland was walking away as Ozzie was yelling at him.

Good for Jon. No player should take that type of shots from his manager, especially in the public eye.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Yes, it was really bad. Thome actually walked close to it, in case he needed to break up the conversation.

Are you kidding me?

Yeah, seriously.

Ozzie's going to be managing this team for a long time to come.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)

I'm not a proponent of Oz's behavior, but these are grown men who are getting paid alot of $, so i would hope they just do their job and ignore him

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
Are you kidding me?

Ozzie's going to be managing this team for a long time to come.

No, I'm quite serious. And I think Ozzie will either resign or wear out his welcome sooner rather than later (in the next 5 years).

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
I can't believe that Ozzie went off on Garland after he did not hit Kinsler. Ozzie needs to stop worrying about who is getting hit and start worrying about how to win a damn ball game. I am sure Ozzie will want Garland traded now because he is not a "team player". Jon has more balls than anyone on this team and he has not been afraid to hit anyone in the past and he is not afraid to hit anyone in the future.

I am sick of Ozzie flappin his jaw and worrying about "protecting his player".

Shut your mouth and win!

I still find it amazing that he ordered Garland and Tracey to get revenge, but he never made Montero or Vazquez do it.

An error by Kinsler and the leadoff man is aboard.

And I completely agree that Ozz won't be here for long. Ozz with a team that struggles or chokes is a goner. His attitude will be horrific and the team will be hurt by it (I'm talking about a developing ball club).

Thats why I want us to keep Razor Shines because I think in time he'll be managing the Sox.