Could Kenny make a huge deal?

GreatScott82

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(toasty @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
a-rod wouldnt be that expensive, i do not believe, cost wise... tex is paying 10mil/year, get yankees to pay some of the remaining 15, say 3

and dooo eeeet

Unless we demanded that money from the Yankees, it does not automatically come with him if he is traded. The Yankees were given that $67 million by Texas, we'd have to demand it as part of any trade (which, of course, would raise the price in terms of talent)

Crede, garcia/vaz, and a guy like broadway/lumsden. take it or leave it, and I'm not even sure i like the deal. If you could swing that then you pan off uribe for a good reliever and move up fields and Bmac. Seeing it in writing I don't even know what to think of it. Personally i think ESPN is just blowing smoke with all this talk of trading ARod as a publicity thing.

QUOTE(toasty @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
and people said we wouldnt bring back everett again last time

First of all, you are comparing trading for Carl Everett to trading for Alex Rodriguez.

Second of all, no one ever said that about trading for Everett.

And finally, ARod isn't coming here, just like Beltran wasn't coming here in the 04-05 offseason. People, cheesus lice, be realistic here. We are only talking about like the second best hitter in the game here, and perhaps the most valuable player in the game as a shortstop.

It's a dream and nothing more. This team has much more pressing needs than an upgrade at shortstop.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
First of all, you are comparing trading for Carl Everett to trading for Alex Rodriguez.

Second of all, no one ever said that about trading for Everett.

And finally, ARod isn't coming here, just like Beltran wasn't coming here in the 04-05 offseason. People, cheesus lice, be realistic here. We are only talking about like the second best hitter in the game here, and perhaps the most valuable player in the game as a shortstop.

It's a dream and nothing more. This team has much more pressing needs than an upgrade at shortstop.

I don't really think many people were being all that serious talking about A-Rod comming to the Sox, it was more fun speculation than anything else. Must you always be such a buzzkill?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
I don't really think many people were being all that serious talking about A-Rod comming to the Sox, it was more fun speculation than anything else. Must you always be such a buzzkill?

Wite is no fun. :crying

Well said. I don't see a line outside of Grandstand right now with people trying to order their home White Sox ARod jerseys. It's just friendly talk. nothing more, nothing less. but if it did come true, it would be pretty awesome.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
No way. I don't want to trade this team's future for someone who's just gonna be 5- or 6-year rental.
I think it's safe to say that 5-6 years is not considered a 'rental.' A perfect example of a rental was back in '04 when the Astros traded for Beltran, and only had him for around 3 months before he declared for free agency.

QUOTE(Sam @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
I think it's safe to say that 5-6 years is not considered a 'rental.' A perfect example of a rental was back in '04 when the Astros traded for Beltran, and only had him for around 3 months before he declared for free agency.

Next time you read that post, remember the following definition.

sar·casm (sär'kăz'əm) pronunciation

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3. The use of sarcasm. See synonyms at wit1.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)

n.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

:lol:

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)

n.

i hope that was sarcasm

I don't really think many people were being all that serious talking about A-Rod comming to the Sox, it was ore fun speculation than anything else. Must you always be such a buzzkill?

Yes

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
Wite is no fun. :crying

ATLEAST I AM NOT A DOLPH

DOLPHINS FAN :fight

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
No way. I don't want to trade this team's future for someone who's just gonna be 5- or 6-year rental.

Jackie, not many ever catch it when you make a joke, do they? :P

What I will say is that while ARod isn't coming here this season, the thought of him in the Sox lineup would intrigue me and probably Kenny Williams in the offseason, when more such moves are made. Does that help a little Kalapse?

Edited by witesoxfan