7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
Gload in RF tonite, Dye gets a rest.

Good idea, he could use it and Ross gives the team a little more small ball oriented dynamic which I think could help give the team a bit of a spark.

Oh, Javy will toss a gem tonight.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Gload, RF; Uribe, SS; Anderson, CF. Vazquez on the mound. Alomar here, MacDougal arriving during the game.

Per Reiferts blog...

Twins Pregame....

Blyleven: Sox are still the team to beat, they slumped in August last year, yet turned it on to sweep Cleveland and roll through the playoffs

Some Chump in the studio: Sox are toast, this team is no good, Twins have a great chance to pull even over the next 3 days and the Sox are desperate, thats why they got MacDougal. When the Twins have a hole, we plug it from within cuz our system is GREAT. When the Sox have a hole, they need to trade to get it, their system is weak

Edited by WSoxMatt

Gload is playing RF tonight to showcase himself for the Nationals. Since they lost Jose Guillen for the season

No Toriiiiii and no Liriano this series should be a bonus. But there is some other lefty pitching for them tomorrow.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by robinventura23

twins doing this without Hunter and Stewart?

impressive.

And over the last five years this is a team that has replaced AJ, Ortiz, Mienkie, Rivas, Guzman, Koskie, Jacque Jones, Kielty, Hawkins, Cy Mays, Guardado and others I can't remember.

That's impressive, too.

pretty strong reminder what two knockout starters, a good pen and a good farm system can do.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 07:13 PM)
twins doing this without Hunter and Stewart?

impressive.

And over the last five years this is a team that has replaced AJ, Ortiz, Mienkie, Rivas, Guzman, Koskie, Jacque Jones, Kielty, Hawkins, Cy Mays, Guardado and others I can't remember.

That's impressive, too.

pretty strong reminder what two knockout starters, a good pen and a good farm system can do.

it probably wont last ... at least this year. they'll be good for years to come, but i think they'll fall back to earth soon.