Harold Reynolds

hawkitis

WOW. This really pisses me off. HR was the best guy on BBTN. The best crew was karl, harold, and the kruker. I really like HR and i always thought it was funny when kruk and HR would just breakdown laughing and ravech tried to keep a straight face. lol. I hope Orestes Estrada gets more shows now cuz he is kick ass too.

QUOTE(Sam @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
Did anyone see last week's episode when HR and John Kruk got into a heated argument on-air over A-Rod? Harold was so pissed that he left the set....

i didn't know that HR was upset, i thought that the kruker was going to explode during his argument!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
i didn't know that HR was upset, i thought that the kruker was going to explode during his argument!
HR left after the A-Rod segment and didn't come back for the rest of the show.

ESPN fired Harold Reynolds with very little to say about why. It smells like an ethical issue of some type but I wouldn't want to jump to that conclusion. I always thought he was one of the best out there. Whatever it is, I hope it is not so serious that it keeps him out of baseball. I would love to see him manage a team sometime. I think he is a pretty sharp guy.

BRISTOL, Conn. - Harold Reynolds is out at ESPN, reportedly fired from his job as a baseball analyst.

The site linked in a previous post suggesting sexual harassment, has recanted "at least somewhat" that and said they are now hearing Reynolds had it out with BBTN producers over how they were handling ARod.

Who knows the real reason.........

But I am willing to bet it has nothing to do with Bonnie Bernstein.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
I hope it was over creative differences on the A-Rod thing.

So all the theories are true, if you fight the BoSox/Yankees Empire, you lose...at least it's good to hear i'm not the only one who was sick of the A-Rod BS leading off every show

ESPN's Reynolds is a wrap

BY NEIL BEST

Newsday Staff Writer

July 25, 2006, 9:09 PM EDT

Harold Reynolds, one of ESPN's most visible analysts and a long-time panelist on "Baseball Tonight," has left the network in the wake of one or more incidents of sexual harassment.

An ESPN spokeswoman yesterday confirmed Reynolds' departure but repeatedly declined to provide a reason for it.

Three people who work at ESPN and were familiar with the case said the cause was a pattern of sexual harassment, apparently culminating in a recent incident involving one of the network's young production assistants.

Reynolds, a major leaguer for 12 seasons before joining ESPN in 1996, did not appear on "Baseball Tonight" Monday after having worked the Sunday show, during which he and fellow analyst Steve Phillips suggested the Yankees trade Alex Rodriguez.

Sexual harassment charges are nothing new at ESPN, which operates out of a sprawling "campus" in relatively isolated Bristol, Conn., and employs many production assistants in their early 20s. The network has an extensive program of education and sensitivity regarding gender issues and an elaborate system for pursuing claims of sexual harassment.

Keith Olbermann of MSNBC, a former ESPN host, told The New York Observer in 2004 he had testified in "three or four major cases at ESPN."

Among the prominent ESPN personalities accused of improper behavior in the past is Mike Tirico, who will debut as the play-by-play man for "Monday Night Football" in the coming season. He was suspended by ESPN in 1992 for what were reported at the time to be allegations of sexual harassment. Another host, Jason Jackson, was fired in 2002, reportedly for harassment.

In addition to "Baseball Tonight" Reynolds, 45, who is married and has an infant daughter, worked as a game analyst for the Little League World Series and College World Series.

Reynolds was very popular personally among ESPN staffers, many of whom were shocked by his dismissal.

Edited by RME JICO

www.czabe.com

So long, Harold. We don't know yet what it took to piss off ESPN suits enough to get fired, but as of my list, you are now officially the "biggest name"ever canned mid-season by the Cable Channel In The Woods.

Remember, Keith Olberman left on his own accord, thoroughly disgruntled with the deadful ESPN2 stint next to Suzy Kolber and her leather vests.

Mike Tirico, accused of stalking some female production assistants in an unauthorized book about ESPN, gracefully slipped out to his cushy ABC golf gig.

Rob Dibble simply didn't have his contract renewed.

Craig Kilborn had bigger late nate, talk show desires.

And second tier guys like Steve Berthiaume, Dave Feldman, Charley Steiner, Jack Edwards et.al. all set out to escape the Campus of the Holy Pro Athlete and do something else.

Oh sure, guys have been fired.

Jason Jackson (NBA coverage) allegedly went even further than Tirico in amourous pursuit of a female lifeform at Bristol U. and got the heave.

Brett Haber's reported constant smart-assery off camera to underlings (like calling his camera guy an "f---stick") got him the heave.

And ex-Cowboy Nate Newton (radio/NFL) got thrown off the island just before he ended up doing hard time in the pokie.

And yeah, there was Rush Limbaugh's forced "walking of the PC plank" in the wake of the McNabb thing.

(Sidebar conference, here for a moment please. There's a metric ton of pressure on #5 this year in Philly. T.O. has slammed him, the fans are antsy, and who knows if he's lost the lockeroom. But let's just say McNabb ends up chunking this season, and the team goes 6-10, and his numbers are in the tank. Just say it does. Then, does somebody at ESPN send Limbaugh a dozen roses with an apology? Does Tom Jackson go on air and say: "You know, the guy was a blowhard, but he was right!" Nah. Didn't think so.)

But of all the things to get you fired at ESPN, we know what will NOT get you canned.

1. Urinating on a cop (Gary Miller, Cleveland Ohio.)

2. Throwing a beer in the face of fans (Michelle Tafoya, Minneapolis)

3. Having an "imaginary friend" leave his weed pipe in your car. (Michael Irvin, Dallas).

4. Being an event-wrecking cliché-spewing camera ogre. (Chris Berman, forever).

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
He won't be missed.

Good riddance.

Now if ESPN just fires the rest of their staff we'll be set.

Not saying he was good... but compared to the other clowns who are regulars on baseball tonight and on ESPN in general... he was one of the best.

• 3 months later...

Harold Reynolds vs ESPN Part 2

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlkP...p&type=lgns

Reynolds plans to sue ESPN

October 30, 2006

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- Harold Reynolds plans to sue ESPN over his departure from the network as a baseball analyst last summer.

Reynolds played 12 major league seasons and joined ESPN in 1996.

"I have tried everything possible to handle this situation quietly behind closed doors. After numerous conversations and multiple mediation discussions with ESPN executives, it is clear that ESPN had no intention of solving this problem amicably," Reynolds said in a statement.

"For 11 years, I served ESPN with enthusiasm and dedication. It is unfortunate that ESPN has handled this process in an unprofessional manner. At the end of the day, my integrity, reputation and family are my top priorities, and for those reasons I need to set the record straight and clear my name."

ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Monday that the network had been made aware that Reynolds either has filed a lawsuit or plans to in coming days.

"The suit is without merit," Krulewitz said. "We stand by our decision and have no further comment now that litigation has begun."