AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man it was gut wrenching and I think most of us were a bit exhausted from the Sox failure to execute for a good chunk of the game (whether it was an error that lead to a run or us not getting clutch hits) but Gload made that go away temporarily and at least helps right the ship for a night with a huge grand slam and than a nice job at first to get his foot back on the bag after a high Uribe throw to record the final out.

MacDougal pitched good in his stint, Thornton was nasty and Jenks was as well while Garcia at least kept the club in it and wasn't quite as bad as his numbers indictated (his changeup is becoming his best pitch).

We needed it and hopefully Jon can go out tomorrow and turn this into a winning streak

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
I also want to give Ozz credit for bringing in two lefties and pulling the right strings late in this game. Without Pods and Mack we don't have Gload up in that situation.

Yep, he managed very well the last few innings of this game. He handled the bullpen subs perfectly (after taking Garcia out one batter too late). I'm not sure what Ray's numbers state, but it would seem like lefties see the ball better off of him.

Wow... we won the first game and against the one id say almost elite pitcher they have. The offense should score some major runs these next 2 games and Garland has been our stopper.

Also im loving this bullpen now with Thornton, Cotts, Macdougal, and Jenks finishing it up.