Ooooo...the pain...the pain...

Kid Gleason

I've had a $10 gift certificate for Cold Stone Creamery for about a year now. I had avoided it slightly due to an older thread on these boards, and the severe dividing line of "love" and "hate", and nothing in between. Steff really scared me from the place.

Well, thanks to the heat I finally caved. The family and I went there. I decided to take the full plunge and did the Candy Land.

Oh...my...god...

Tasty? Yes. For about three bites.

After that?

I'm still sweating from the thing. No ice cream should be that strong...that heavy, that...I don't know...sweet! Good Lord...do people eat that stuff on a regular basis?

Steff commented on how it was way too sweet. That seemed odd to me. How could ice cream be "too sweet".

I had no idea...but now...I will have nightmares.

Edited by Kid Gleason

We have one down at school and it's "ok", I'd kinda prefer just regular old baskin robbins to that place though.

PS: I have a great story about Illinikrush and that place.

It involves a bet about their "large" size right before a night of heavy drinking, lol.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
We have one down at school and it's "ok", I'd kinda prefer just regular old baskin robbins to that place though.

It involves a bet about their "large" size right before a night of heavy drinking, lol.

Did this story end with a prayer at the foot of the porcelain god? :D

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
Was the service there extremely slow? That's the trademark of a Coldstone.

Slow, and the guy seemed to not like his job. Oh, sure, they all sang when somebody tipped them, but none of them seemed to really want to be singing. You know, most places you go to they atleast fake it good, but here, nope, they all seemed upset about having to sing.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
I've had a $10 gift certificate for Cold Stone Creamery for about a year now. I had avoided it slightly due to an older thread on these boards, and the severe dividing line of "love" and "hate", and nothing in between. Steff really scared me from the place.

Well, thanks to the heat I finally caved. The family and I went there. I decided to take the full plunge and did the Candy Land.

Oh...my...god...

Tasty? Yes. For about three bites.

After that?

I'm still sweating from the thing. No ice cream should be that strong...that heavy, that...I don't know...sweet! Good Lord...do people eat that stuff on a regular basis?

Steff commented on how it was way too sweet. That seemed odd to me. How could ice cream be "too sweet".

I had no idea...but now...I will have nightmares.

lenny.gif

Did you have diabetes before eating the ice cream? No? Well, you do now. :P

Told ya... :P

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)

Spill it.

i am mad because they dont have Twix bars; also i have had great service there and extremely poor service; i also enjoy going there and having people be utterly confused about what they want to order so they sample like 10 flavors before making a choice on just vanilla

I really like Cold Stone, but the vanilla flavor only. It is a little strong, but nowhere near the other flavors IMO. I add walnuts, the pie crust or Kit Kat and it's fantastic!

The cake batter ice cream is good for one taste, then I fall into the same trap the rest of you do.