7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
I bet you that Vazquez will be back on in the 6th inning next game. Ozzie is stubborn.

I'm sure he will, and it's not because he's stubborn. It's because Vazquez was cruising...you don't just go to the bullpen for the sake of going to the bullpen. That's a fishing waste.

The problem comes when Ozzie puts Cotts in there, when he can't even get a fishing out lately. And continues to let him pitch, just like McCarthy yesterday. They get an out, and they're in there for one guy, they get smoked and they're in there for 2 innings. Get a fishing clue sometimes, Ozzie. It's NOT all about matching up a lefty and a lefty, or a righty and a righty, it's about putting a guy in there that you know can get outs.

Edited by champ

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Nice job today Manuel.

The Orioles have nothing to play for, it's extremely warm, and they've played their main guys all weekend.

Hey Neal....nice offspeed pitch....do you have one?

QUOTE(champ @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
I'm sure he will, and it's not because he's stubborn. It's because Vazquez was cruising...you don't just go to the bullpen for the sake of going to the bullpen. That's a fishing waste.

I swear I've seen this same post 100 times in the last month.

QUOTE(champ @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)

In most(no, almost all) cases I would agree. However, this is Javier Vazquez we are talking about.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
I cant wait until we play the tigers again.

hopefully we will have our heads out of our asses, as I will be ther in Detroit in late August.

Cotts is so overrated....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
You can actually SEE how Vazquez negatively affects the rest of this team. You can fishing see it! He just takes the wind out of everyone's sails.

This team will not make the playoffs with Garcia and Vazquez in the rotation. KW has about a day to get rid of one of them. This team, as is, will not make the playoffs.

Who wants to start the Congrats on your 100th loss thread if we lose? He's always had the reputation in baseball as not being a "winner". He's probably the opposite, in terms of reputation, as El Duque.

Edited by fathom

7-26-06: "Monday night, I meant what I said," Sox manager Ozzie Guillen insisted. "If he gets to the point where Javy goes five or six strong innings, we have to be aware to do something about it. But, I'm not going to take the confidence out of my players." - Sun Times

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
f***kkkkkkkkk, what a stupid loss this would be.

And just when i thought we might go on a roll, and then this FREAKING clunker.....So much for getting excited about baseball again.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
And just when i thought we might go on a roll, and then this FREAKING clunker.....So much for getting excited about baseball again.

Hawk is already making KC out to seem like they're the 27 Yankees.

I swear I've seen this same post 100 times in the last month.

And I swear I've seen some other posts about 1000 times.