JERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!!!!

Soxplosion

OK, Bartolo goes 8 innings. He is pitching great but probably a little tired, not to mention hes righty. And hes facing a lefty, one of the most dangerous hitters in the game, and that same guy is the tying run. Why the heck doesnt he go to the lefty, Marte, then? Instead he waits to bring in Marte to face the power hitting righty Aurilia, who hits a GW grand slam! Jerrys just an idiot...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Bartolo goes 8 innings. He is pitching great but probably a little tired, not to mention hes righty. And hes facing a lefty, one of the most dangerous hitters in the game, and that same guy is the tying run. Why the heck doesnt he go to the lefty, Marte, then? Instead he waits to bring in Marte to face the power hitting righty Aurilia, who hits a GW grand slam! Jerrys just an idiot...

I think he wanted to build excitement for the 5 run btm of the 9th that never came.

Giving Bartolo the opportunity to finish the game was one of JM's few right decisions this season. The decision to pitch Marte to Aurelia is definitely debatable and you would think that a manager that has lived by the righty/righty-lefty/lefty pitching situation from the BP since he began managing the Sox would go to it in this situation. But..... :huh:

Giving Bartolo the opportunity to finish the game was one of JM's few right decisions this season. The decision to pitch Marte to Aurelia is definitely debatable and you would think that a manager that has lived by the righty/righty-lefty/lefty pitching situation from the BP since he began managing the Sox would go to it in this situation. But.....  :huh:

He made a big mistake on that one. Koch should be there agst Aurilia.

Giving Bartolo the opportunity to finish the game was one of JM's few right decisions this season. The decision to pitch Marte to Aurelia is definitely debatable and you would think that a manager that has lived by the righty/righty-lefty/lefty pitching situation from the BP since he began managing the Sox would go to it in this situation. But.....  :huh:

even the Marte one...... I cant really argue... Marte has been the only day in and day out reliable reliever this year.

Jerry was right to let Colon have the chance to complete the game, but once he got in trouble and Bonds was coming up I think he should have brought in Marte. But, Colon is the horse and you can't really fault Jerry. The offense grounding into 3 DP's didn't help either. It was a decision that could have gone either way and this time it blew up on us.

While I agree that JM is an idiot-I don't think there was much he could do.In his postgame statement he stated that Colon in the 9th is better than anyone he could bring in-I happen to agree.Had he brought in Koch or Marte and had they blown the game-we woulda crucified Manuel for taking Colon out.It was a no-win situation.A good pitcher got beat by a better team.It happens.

It just happens more to us than anyone else.............

K-Y

While I agree that JM is an idiot-I don't think there was much he could do.In his postgame statement he stated that Colon in the 9th is better than anyone he could bring in-I happen to agree.Had he brought in Koch or Marte and had they blown the game-we woulda crucified Manuel for taking Colon out.It was a no-win situation.A good pitcher got beat by a better team.It happens.

It just happens more to us than anyone else.............

K-Y

Couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't try to.

s*** happens. Deal with it.

I'd just like to mention something.

Roman, did you see Bonds's homer on SportsCenter or ESPNews or something like that? Because from what I can tell, you didn't.

Bart's pitch to Bonds was clocked at 97 MPH on the gun(not necessarily what it actually was, but give or take a few MPH, it was pretty damn close).

Tired, huh?

OK, Bart did K Bonds 3 times. Maybe that was logical. But to have Marte face Aurilia? No way. Like someone said, that shoulda been Koch...

Now people want Koch? People are holding their breath everytime he goes out there.

I don't know what to say about tonight..For one, Colon had only given up I think just 3 hits going into the 9th, his pitch count was only in the 80's and Jm really didn't have anyone warming up in the pen..So he was fairly confident he would get the job done, as was I. Any other pitcher on our staff JM would have had the calvery up in the pen and if the leadoff man had gotten on JM would of jogged to the mound and brought in Marte or Koch. But you give Colon the ben of the doubt cause he's proven he gets stronger as the game goes on and he had dominated Bonds and the rest of the line-up..I'm sure he thought he would get out of that inning with a DP or a big SO...just didn't work out.

I think JM had just called the pen right as Bonds pitch landed in the stands..

He had Marte and Gordon warming up...not Koch since the game was tied at 4 and JM usually leaves tied sits to Gordon.

I'm thinking Manuel thought Marte would be pitching to Marvin Benard, but I'm guessing he knew that Benard would definitely be replaced with Aurila to pinch hit. And it's not like Marte is like Kelly Wunsch, who would do poorly against righties..I think Marte's OBA vs righties was lower then against lefties..I'm pretty sure of that, but don't hold me to it.

My point is marte can get righties out just as good as he can get lefties out...He just hung that slider, he made a bad pitch and Aurila was swingin away...But did you expect anything else...We're the most snake-bitten team..probably in history..(seems like it)

There is no baseball magic on this team, that's for certain.

But if JM had brought in Koch and he blew then we would call him Botch..blah, blah, blah and be asking why he didn't he bring in Marte.

Life stinks.........and so do the Sox :huh: :angry:

I don't care if Colon was throwing 107 mph - Barry Bonds should have been walked.

He's not one of the best players of all time for no reason.

Once again, Manuel shows that he is one stupid motherf*cker. He's becoming stale - someone should change his formaldehyde supply. It's losing its potency.

I don't care if Colon was throwing 107 mph - Barry Bonds should have been walked. 

He's not one of the best players of all time for no reason. 

Once again, Manuel shows that he is one stupid motherf*cker.  He's becoming stale - someone should change his formaldehyde supply.  It's losing its potency.

No way do you walk Bonds and put runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. That is inviting a game losing rally to happen. Colon had been very effective against Bonds. JM made the right call on this one.

If you walk Bonds, you have a chance with the double play, or you have a chance at the other guys swinging too hard to do something.

I would NEVER pitch to Bonds in that situation. And neither would 90% of major league managers - that's why he leads the league in walks every year.

Colon had struck him out 3 straight times - Bonds obviously had figured out Colon's repitoire - he waited for the pitch he thought would come and he hammered it. He's not a Top Ten Player Of All Time for nothing.