Twins finally came to their senses

SoxAce

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_r...sp&c_id=cin

I gotta say the Reds are not playing around. They are looking to go make some noise come Sep-Oct. Lohse will probably thrive in the NL. And of course good move for the Twins considering they got rid of dead weight and got a pretty good looking pitcher in Ward (Reds third round draft pick with impressive numbers this season) who will probably turn into a stud for them considering their farm system and our luck. (right Flash ;))

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
Ehh. He's not very good but at least the Reds are trying. Maybe this ends the Joe Mays era

Mays was sent down late last week actually, and the Reds started Justin Germano in his place on Saturday, who did a decent job. However Germano was the guy they launched in the Cormier deal, so they dealed for Lohse to take the #5 spot.

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
The Twins showed alot of patience with Lohse. As a Sox fan, I'm sorry to see him go :P

Are you kidding? Lohse had some very good starts against the Sox in his career. No matter how bad he was doing, he always stepped it up against he Sox

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_r...sp&c_id=cin

I gotta say the Reds are not playing around. They are looking to go make some noise come Sep-Oct. Lohse will probably thrive in the NL. And of course good move for the Twins considering they got rid of dead weight and got a pretty good looking pitcher in Ward (Reds third round draft pick with impressive numbers this season) who will probably turn into a stud for them considering their farm system and our luck. (right Flash ;))

Loshe has a good arm so its not a bad move for there sake. They also acquired Kormeil.

I know Krivsky used to be in Minnesota and all, but sweet jesus has he taken in a lot of former Minnesota players.

Off the top of my head, Castro, Mays, Guardado, and Lohse have all been brought in in the past like month or two, and I'm almost positive I'm missing 1 or 2(and this is not counting Grant Balfour, who was in Cinci before Krivsky took office).

It's not a bad deal for either team...Lohse is just taking up oxygen in Minnesota, but he has a good arm, and much of the NL has not seen him. He's gotta chance to be a really solid #3 down the stretch for Cinci.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Are you kidding? Lohse had some very good starts against the Sox in his career. No matter how bad he was doing, he always stepped it up against he Sox

In the last 2-2 1/2 years, Lohse hasn't stepped up against anyone. Until 2005, the Sox couldn't hit Radke, Mays, or Lohse...now we can't hit Santana or Liriano. Oh well.