Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Garland has been crap this year except for one month. Have you been following the Sox this season. That has been pretty obvious.

Anyone who argues about how good a pitcher is by arguing his pitching wins really shouldn't waste their time making an argument at all.

And its been the last month, month and a half. Can't you just admit hes gotten better...saying "Only one month" is a bit misleading considering its been the last month+ you are talking about. Ever since he started getting his slider over, he has been a completely different pitcher.

I can understand slinging mud at Garland when he deserves it, but right now is not the time.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Garland has been crap this year except for one month. Have you been following the Sox this season. That has been pretty obvious.

Anyone who argues about how good a pitcher is by arguing his pitching wins really shouldn't waste their time making an argument at all.

I am not intelligent enough to discuss matters with you. Therefore stop wasting your oh so precious time.

Because you keep insulting people.

Pointing out the weakness of a particular argument isn't "insulting people".

I am not intelligent enough to discuss matters with you. Therefore stop wasting your oh so precious time.

Done.

Here's the way I view Garland. He sucked to start the year, and every bad pitch he made was getting hammered (his D didn't do him any favors). Now, he's trusting his sinker more, and he's been our most consistent pitcher the last two months. Buehrle is now in the same funk that Garland was in. However, people generally like Buehrle more than Garland, so they give him a bigger benefit of the doubt.

I can understand slinging mud at Garland when he deserves it, but right now is not the time.

I'm pointing out how good he's been over the course of the entire season. Am I supposed to bow and scrape and pretend that Garland is an ace because he's on a hot steak? Instead, I choose to call 'em as I see 'em.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
Are the Blue Jays running down the line? The Sox seem a little slow turning the last 2 DPs, and the plays at first haven't been close. I think they have some problems in Toronto. I have the feeling they will have a new manager in 2007.

I think we just saw one of the reasons the Blue Jays almost traded Rios last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Here's the way I view Garland. He sucked to start the year, and every bad pitch he made was getting hammered (his D didn't do him any favors). Now, he's trusting his sinker more, and he's been our most consistent pitcher the last two months. Buehrle is now in the same funk that Garland was in. However, people generally like Buehrle more than Garland, so they give him a bigger benefit of the doubt.

I think its because of Buerhle's much better track record.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
I think its because of Buerhle's much better track record.

I was thinking that also. However, I really think a lot of people personally don't like Garland, and it makes them jump on him more (and yes, I know myself and others do this with other players also).

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Pointing out the weakness of a particular argument isn't "insulting people".

Done.

Jon Garland is a young proven ML pitcher who if he was not signed would get a $50M+ contract following this season but with all due respect the genius of Sox fans want to run him out of town after every bad outing. At the end of the day he is better than Mark Buerhle but you would think Buerhle walks on water.

Oh and Buerhle is my favorite player...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
I was thinking that also. However, I really think a lot of people personally don't like Garland, and it makes them jump on him more (and yes, I know myself and others do this with other players also).

He does have that demeanor that makes it look like he doesn't care.