in need of advice

He_Gawn

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)
Just listen to my advice, it's the best in the thread so far.

You missed a part.

You forgot the part of trying to sleep with all of her friends for spite.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
Ok so, seeing as shes been "busy" the past 4 days now, I'm definently going to confront her on the phone tonight. I'm going to limit it though, and say we need to do this in person, and if she says no. s*** will fly.

Just give her a call, when she tells you she is busy. Tell her to give you a call when she isnt busy, then ask if she can give you one of her friends phone numbers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
I think this post says it all. You can't force thing and if she doesn't want to "be" with you than so be it, than it may not be meant to be. Someone else will come along cause to go between she likes you, she doesn't like you, well #1 its not healthy and #2 it gets old real fast.

Plus, at yourg stage in the life its not worth it to miss out on plenty of good times to deal with games. Just go out and have fun, spend time with your friends and enjoy things. Its really out of your hands, so nothing you can worry about.

Honestly, if I could go back and do it all again, I would have opted out of one of my s***ty long term relationships. Live it up, there are so many girls out there.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
See the thing is... i dont feel like givin her a call since its not my problem....

Then don't bother. Like you've said, and been told, you are too young for this drama. Waaayy many more fish in the sea. Be unavaliable. She'll come crawling to you, then on your terms you can evaluate the relationship and decide if it's something you want to continue.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
See the thing is... i dont feel like givin her a call since its not my problem....

Just go out with friends, watch some ballgames, chat up other girls while you're out, and basically act like it's over because it most likely is.

just talked to her... she reassured me everything is for now and we'll talk about things in person... guess thats all i can ask for or whatever.... least if something goes down its in person... but if she pretty much has already decided were breaking up before she gives me a chance... ill just be a dick and break it off before her because ill be able to tell.

• 2 months later...

s***tt i forgot to tell you guys what happened haha..

well we broke up soon after and havnt seen her since hahaa.... goin after this one girl now whos not only beautiful, shes amazing at basketball.... and when i say amazing i mean she really is. hahaha cant even wait til i can say my ex plays in the wnba haha...

well just thought id fill yall in.

Here's the thing... The goal of any good break up plan is to break it up for good AND at the same time, preserve the opportunity for meaningless sex down the road.

In my life, I've found that the best thing to do is to react very calmly, and try to surprise her with how little it seems to bother you. Then find some other chick to hook up with... avoid the old chick for a while, but make sure she finds out through her friends that you're on to the next one.

Always be cool.... friendly, but distant. Eventually, one day in college when you're home from spring break getting loaded in you're buddies basement and she's there, you'll remember that she probably is wondering why you took the break-up so well... then add alcohol, and you'll probably nail her.

One of the funniest posts I have read in awhile.

I know the ending already and you two aren't together anymore He_Gawn, but remember this for the future. Staying friends or at least keeping things cordial is the right way to go. If the girl breaks up but wants to remain friends tell her you will try, but she is going to have to give you some space. Don't call or talk to her for a few weeks (aside from the routine hi's and how ya doin's).

If you want to stay friends once you are over her, then pursue that angle. If not, it's your call and the space she has given you makes for an easy transition.

In the spirit of what Abe posted, I have found one thing about women. When horny, a woman often goes back to an ex if she is not seeing anyone. It's comfortable and it doesn't increase her "number". So she can have all the meaningless sex she wants with exes, but that doesn't increase the number of people she has had sex with. It's pretty strange logic if you ask me, but hey, if that's what a girl wants, it can come in handy at parties in college.

Glad you moved on.

Edited by Rex Hudler

You have to get a new girl as soon as possible.She will make you forget all about that brawd.GET A NEW CHIC AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,TRUST ME.And dont try to make your old girl jealous with the new girl because you are naturally gonna wanna do that,but dont.Totally forget about her and dont be a friend.

QUOTE(shipps @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
You have to get a new girl as soon as possible.She will make you forget all about that brawd.GET A NEW CHIC AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,TRUST ME.And dont try to make your old girl jealous with the new girl because you are naturally gonna wanna do that,but dont.Totally forget about her and dont be a friend.

Only about 2 months late

The Top 5 Signs You're About to Be Dumped

(Part I)

[/color]
  1. "I think we should start seeing other people. And by 'we' I mean 'I.' And by 'should' I mean 'have been.' And by 'other people' I mean 'your best friend.' I'll let you figure out what 'seeing' means."
  2. You ask your Magic 8 Ball if she's going to dump you and it says, "Signs point to a prolonged period of masturbation, Loser McDumpy."
  3. You're pretty sure "Adios, b****!" wasn't really the answer to every question on last night's "Jeopardy!"
  4. She's removed you from her friends list on MySpace and her buddy list on AIM, and is currently attacking her tattoo with a cheese grater.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
The Top 5 Signs You're About to Be Dumped

(Part I)

[/color]
  1. "I think we should start seeing other people. And by 'we' I mean 'I.' And by 'should' I mean 'have been.' And by 'other people' I mean 'your best friend.' I'll let you figure out what 'seeing' means."
  2. You ask your Magic 8 Ball if she's going to dump you and it says, "Signs point to a prolonged period of masturbation, Loser McDumpy."
  3. You're pretty sure "Adios, b****!" wasn't really the answer to every question on last night's "Jeopardy!"
  4. She's removed you from her friends list on MySpace and her buddy list on AIM, and is currently attacking her tattoo with a cheese grater.

WHERES NUMBER 5, AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
One of the funniest posts I have read in awhile.

I know the ending already and you two aren't together anymore He_Gawn, but remember this for the future. Staying friends or at least keeping things cordial is the right way to go. If the girl breaks up but wants to remain friends tell her you will try, but she is going to have to give you some space. Don't call or talk to her for a few weeks (aside from the routine hi's and how ya doin's).

If you want to stay friends once you are over her, then pursue that angle. If not, it's your call and the space she has given you makes for an easy transition.

In the spirit of what Abe posted, I have found one thing about women. When horny, a woman often goes back to an ex if she is not seeing anyone. It's comfortable and it doesn't increase her "number". So she can have all the meaningless sex she wants with exes, but that doesn't increase the number of people she has had sex with. It's pretty strange logic if you ask me, but hey, if that's what a girl wants, it can come in handy at parties in college.

Glad you moved on.

Thanks Rex,

I've kinda always thought this was one of my best posts. You are 100% right about the "number" thing. Its a huge motivating factor for women... Why? I really don't know... and actually I don't care. There's actually no reason to know "why" women do anything.

Its just more important to know how to take advantage of it. Good post rex

Edited by AbeFroman

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 04:12 AM)
Pick up the phone and tell her you have to see her tomorrow, then break up with her face to face. She'll be pissed about losing control over you and will try to get you back within a few weeks, be strong and move on. And no, you cannot remain friends. She gone.

amen!