White Sox Loser

fathom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Javy is great...A true stopper. Go back over the past 6 weeks and find out how many WINS we had where Javy followed them up with LOSSES.

I realize the offense was terrible tonight, but Javy wasn't even capable of getting through 6 against these chumps. Pathetic.

It was nice to see our guys were trying to hit home runs all night long.

.322 is what righties hit against Runnynose, and .340 against lefties. Yet we beat ourelves.

Pathetic effort.

coming into this series they were 15-44 on the road. This is a team you should pummel at home.

Edited by southsideirish71

2003 part 2. That year, the all time bad Tigers kept us out of the playoffs, and if we are sitting at home in October again, it will be because of the all time bad Royals. 9-5 against these guys is unacceptable, hell 14-5 for a year against them isn't good enough. I hope the boys are proud, that was the worst game I've seen us play since Ozzie took over. I am dumbfounded. Absoloutely have to win the next 2 games, no questions asked.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
Tigers win on a dropped fly ball

If Pena catches it, it's still a sac fly and they still win 3-2, so that's not exactly accurate.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Javy is great...A true stopper. Go back over the past 6 weeks and find out how many WINS we had where Javy followed them up with LOSSES.

I realize the offense was terrible tonight, but Javy wasn't even capable of getting through 6 against these chumps. Pathetic.

not really..... if you look at Javys pitching tonight up until he gave up the 2 run jack, he was doing ok, 2 runs, 1 unearned.

QUOTE(Dan @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
in case you didnt notice, Runnynose had a killer split finger and slider working tonight.

It must of just all have come together tonight. Must be the alignment of the moon, the planets and such. Because usually when you sport a 2-7 record and an 8 ERA people can safely classify you as a bad pitcher. People must take the splitfinger, and slider and just swing at the fastball, because .320 vs righties, and .340 vs lefties says he isnt too hard to put the bat on the ball against.

QUOTE(Dan @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 03:08 AM)
in case you didnt notice, Runnynose had a killer split finger and slider working tonight.

What I noticed is that not one of our players actually stayed back and made Hernandez throw consistent strikes. We were way too easy of outs tonight.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
It must of just all have come together tonight. Must be the alignment of the moon, the planets and such. Because usually when you sport a 2-7 record and an 8 ERA people can safely classify you as a bad pitcher.

im not saying hes a good pitcher but he had his pitches clickin tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
What I noticed is that not one of our players actually stayed back and made Hernandez throw consistent strikes. We were way too easy of outs tonight.

i agree with you and thats why i said in my original post that we beat ourselves in every respect. fielding, batting, pitching.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
It was nice to see our guys were trying to hit home runs all night long.

.322 is what righties hit against Runnynose, and .340 against lefties. Yet we beat ourelves.

Pathetic effort.

coming into this series they were 15-44 on the road. This is a team you should pummel at home.

Oh comon give the team a break. Hernandez and his 8 ERA was unhittable.

QUOTE(Dan @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
im not saying hes a good pitcher but he had his pitches clickin tonight.

This is the Cy Mays statement. X pitcher with an 8 ERA looks like Cy Young against us. Afterwards we talk about how great X pitcher threw, and how we dont understand how his era is north of 8. Take a look at the cuts our guys took tonight, and look at how they worked the count, or got themselves out with long looping swings trying to park the pitch. Any offense can make any crappy pitcher look like Cy Young if they go up there swinging for the Dan Ryan.

This was more a result of our offense not being patient and the lack of line drive swings vs the great runnynose hernandez.

Basically we saw a pitcher with a bad ERA and decided to pad the stats a bit, then went down a few runs and decided to pad the stats some more.

Oh and they just showed the replay of the Gooch dead at home. he wasnt even at third, the ball was already on the way in, and Cora still send him. When did we sign wendell kim.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Ozzie just tipped his hat to Runnynose.

Sad.

Ozzie thinks that Cora did the right thing sending Gooch.

Worse

Javy threw the ball good according to Oz.

Terrible

Although Ozzie didn't do anything to lose us this game tonight, that set of comments shows yet again how afraid I am with him as our manager. He's not a very smart baseball guy at all.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Win the next two with Count and Mark on the bump, everything is fine. This seemed more of the "letdown" game that every was dreading.

A game that should have been won no doubt, but I see no reason to think we wont take the next 2 without much of a problem. At least I hope.....

:gosox3:

This is the AL. You don't get hardly ANY games against crappy teams, so when you do, at home, and are red hot, you need to win them all. That's right, you need to sweep, end of story. Now instead, we must win the next 2 games or we just wasted a 4 game period when the season only has 40 some odd games left (1/10 of the season). That won't work, we have to stack every win up that we can in this race. To be dominated by statistically, the worst SP in baseball is inexcuseable. We should score half a dozen runs on that loser when we have a letdown.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
This is the Cy Mays statement. X pitcher with an 8 ERA looks like Cy Young against us. Afterwards we talk about how great X pitcher threw, and how we dont understand how his era is north of 8. Take a look at the cuts our guys took tonight, and look at how they worked the count, or got themselves out with long looping swings trying to park the pitch. Any offense can make any crappy pitcher look like Cy Young if they go up there swinging for the Dan Ryan.

This was more a result of our offense not being patient and the lack of line drive swings vs the great runnynose hernandez.

Basically we saw a pitcher with a bad ERA and decided to pad the stats a bit, then went down a few runs and decided to pad the stats some more.

in no way am i saying this guy had a Cy Young winning outing tonight. i agree that the Sox batters helped him out A LOT tonight, however he did have some nice pitches working from what i saw, a la the JD strikeout late in the game when he used a very nice changeup to finish him off.

QUOTE(Dan @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
in no way am i saying this guy had a Cy Young winning outing tonight. i agree that the Sox batters helped him out A LOT tonight, however he did have some nice pitches working from what i saw, a la the JD strikeout late in the game when he used a very nice changeup to finish him off.

He did have much better command of his offspeed pitches.

I would not worry about what Ozzie said.

If I was a manager of this debacle I would shower KC with praise and then close the door to the locker room and tell the team if they want to get an early start on vacation get after it, because tonight's performance won't cut it.

There are some things better left in the clubhouse. Because Ozzie isn't ripping on his own people or thumbing his nose at KC doesn't bother me...Ozzie is just being (get this) classy and respectful. I'm sure this loss has him quite pissed off.

QUOTE(Dan @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)

If JD lays off that pitch out of the zone, we have 1st and 2nd 0 out for A.J. and Crede.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
OMG, I'M BACK ON THE LEDGE !!

We lose 1 game, and people are jumping back off the bandwagon.

So long as we win the series and every series from here on in, which we have been doing lately, I am perfectly happy with that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
If JD lays off that pitch out of the zone, we have 1st and 2nd 0 out for A.J. and Crede.

that looked like a perfect fastball coming in, which is what change ups are meant to do. its the pitch that is just too good not to swing at, until it drops at the last minute, again just as a change is supposed to. i would think you get about 85% of major leaguers swinging on that pitch, thats why its so well liked. just my $0.02