Official Game Thread 8/16 - KC vs Sox 7:05

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
Well...that was a perfect example of what's wrong with this team. Our speed guy can't score from first with 2 outs on a double. Meanwhile, some of our other hitters look physically and mentall fatigued.

Could Pods have realistically scored on Paul's double? We've had more guys thrown at home this year that I can ever remember in my 16 years of being a Sox fan.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
why are we back to corpseball tonight? Bernero is horrible.

um...because...we...uh...won it all last year...yeah...that's it.....we won it all last year and.......we don't have to play against a team like the royals...cause....we're the defending champs....with NO HUNGER to win anything.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
Could Pods have realistically scored on Paul's double? We've had more guys thrown at home this year than I can ever remember in my 16 years of being a Sox fan.

That's the thing...we can't seem to score from first on a double or from second on a single. Meanwhile, teams are running AT WILL against us in those situations.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Contreras is still in the game? Maybe these guys wouldn't be so fatigued if we found a way to not make them throw 100+ pitches every game.

Crede demolished Odalis last time we played KC. We need to play our normal lineup with Sandy behind the plate.

With the way our starters have been the last month or so, i thought it might be a good idea to try and limit these guys to 100 pitches or less. But then again, W's for the pitcher count more than W's for the team, right Oz? :chair

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
And mackowiak takes a bad route, and its a double.

Anderson strolls back and makes that catch. He made a few of those over the last few games the same way.

Keep putting the corner OF in center ozzie.

It's just amazing that Ozzie continues to put him out in CF. It's inexcusable by KW to not have brought in a back-up outfielder. Between that and the Vazquez groundhog day 6th innings, there's been a lot of frustration.

On the other hand, Dye's consistency has been amazing also.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
With the way our starters have been the last month or so, i thought it might be a good idea to limit these guys to 100 pitches or less. But then again, W's for the pitcher count more than W's for the team, right Oz? :chair

It's just a point that hasn't been brought up much this year in the media, but it seems like it would help our pitchers. We keep having these guys throw 110 pitches every night, every 5th game. With their workloads from last year, fatigue should be expected.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Well that was horrible.

So let me get this straight. We get different players every year. New blood. Yet we see the same offensive attack. Carlos Lee swung for the fences in 2004 ignoring RISP and going for personal glory. Here we are in 2006 and its the same thing. Beat up on a team one night, then struggle to scratch a run across. Maybe we need to stop teaching the pull and lift method.

We've sucked pretty bad the last couple games. But I think you're going a little overboard now. You don't lead or almost lead the league in every major offensive catergory if you're not capable of hitting with RISP or using the entire field.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
No, it knuckled on him1!!!!

As if that never occurs against other centerfielders. I suppose it's just Mackowiaks luck the mother of all flyballs finds him. :bang

When a ball knuckles on you in the outfield, it usually goes down, and doesn't sail on you.

Did anyone hear Joey Cora today on the radio.

He was asked if you have a situation with a man on 1st and 3rd and no outs. Do you send the runner on contact or wait until the ball gets through. Cora stated you send the guy on contact. And he was asked well what if the balls is hit hard to the left side. You still go. And then when you get caught, the guy going home is supposed to get into a rundown to allow the trailers to advance. That way if they make a mistake you get a free run, and if you get caught in a rundown you get 2 men in scoring position. And to clarify it, the game the other night were Konerko was caught off third. Cora said he was supposed to break on the sharp grounder to the 3rd baseman. Now thats plain dumb.

After hearing that I am convinced that Joey is Wendel Kim. You dont just break on any contact. You advance based on were the ball is hit, and if the situation dictates. You dont just bolt like a mindless video game because the ball was struck.

Gardenhire pulls Silva in a 2-2 game to start the 6th inning. Quite the concept.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:56 AM)

He had no clue what he was saying. You could tell that B & B were biting their tongues having to hold back from calling him an idiot.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)

He was asked if you have a situation with a man on 1st and 3rd and no outs. Do you send the runner on contact or wait until the ball gets through. Cora stated you send the guy on contact. And he was asked well what if the balls is hit hard to the left side. You still go. And then when you get caught, the guy going home is supposed to get into a rundown to allow the trailers to advance. That way if they make a mistake you get a free run, and if you get caught in a rundown you get 2 men in scoring position. And to clarify it, the game the other night were Konerko was caught off third. Cora said he was supposed to break on the sharp grounder to the 3rd baseman. Now thats plain dumb.

After hearing that I am convinced that Joey is Wendel Kim. You dont just break on any contact. You advance based on were the ball is hit, and if the situation dictates. You dont just bolt like a mindless video game because the ball was struck.

the sox have belived in the contact play for such a long time. and this goes back before ozzie. i've only ever seen the guy score once. every other time we get gunned at the plate. worst f'n play in baseball

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
We've sucked pretty bad the last couple games. But I think you're going a little overboard now. You don't lead or almost lead the league in every major offensive catergory if you're not capable of hitting with RISP or using the entire field.

We have been near the top of scoring runs, homers and stuff like that before. Our offense from 2001 through 2004 was statistically a great team.

Since the asb our team has been trying to hit the dong a bit too much. How many times over the last few weeks have we had a no hitter going into the 4th or 5th inning. How many times have we only had a few hits going into the 5th inning.