everyone do themselves a favor...

MurcieOne

i know it's a hard thing to do with our team 7.5 out..... but lets givem the benefit of the doubt and support em till the Twins Magic Number is 0.

I still have faith that this team will be the 2003 AL Central Champs.

- Murcie Out

i know it's a hard thing to do with our team 7.5 out..... but lets givem the benefit of the doubt and support em till the Twins Magic Number is 0.

- Murcie Out

I really would love not to.

But this teams gotta show me something first. JR has got to fire the bumbling idiot thats running the show. This team needs a new front office so bad its embarssing.

Just looking at the standings there is still a chance. The pitching is kind of there (although Glover and White haven't been good; White is kind of showing signs, although he gave up a run yesterday).

Thomas is heating up and if Maggs can start playing ball like he should be they could carry the offense.

- Murcie Out

After sounding the alarm bell practically after the first KC series and taking some heat for being "too negative" on these boards.....I have been strangely positive ever since, especially after Minnesota series in which we got swept, but could have easily--familiar refrain, isn't it---taken 2 out of 3.

We are healthy (knock on wood) and are FAR from out of it.

GO SOX, WOOOO!!!!

- Murcie Out

After sounding the alarm bell practically after the first KC series and taking some heat for being "too negative" on these boards.....I have been strangely positive ever since, especially after Minnesota series in which we got swept, but could have easily--familiar refrain, isn't it---taken 2 out of 3.

We are healthy (knock on wood) and are FAR from out of it.

GO SOX, WOOOO!!!!

My feelings exactly

:cheers

If Mark B. can turn it around and start pitching well and the offense stops playing the Nuke_Cleveland trademarked word "corpseball" and scores a few runs per game against good teams then we definitely have a good chance at doing well.

Colon seems to be doing well and E-Lo is kicking ass and taking names. If the offense and Mark can turn it around then we're back in this thing...and assuming somebody pulls the horseshoe out of the Twins' ass.

I still root for them but honestly, I know its over. As long as Frank and E-Lo continue to succeed and pad their stats, Im happy, even if the team loses. If E-Lo goes nine innings, gives up three runs and Frank hits a two run shot, but we still lose, Im not dissappointed. I love it when they win, but I just know its over. Weve been doomed ever since that disaster in KC...

These "don't give up" threads always pop up when we've won 2 in a row, but then it seems like we'll lose 3 of the next 5. A couple of good wins here and there isn't enough to make me a believer yet. Especially since Minnesota keeps racking up the W's, too.

I hope the Sox prove me wrong, though!

These "don't give up" threads always pop up when we've won 2 in a row, but then it seems like we'll lose 3 of the next 5.  A couple of good wins here and there isn't enough to make me a believer yet.  Especially since Minnesota keeps racking up the W's, too.

I hope the Sox prove me wrong, though!

This series has nopthing to do with it.

Look how the Sox have played lately..... alot better.

Since that last game in Arizona I've been watching a different team IMHO.

Just looking at the standings there is still a chance.  The pitching is kind of there (although Glover and White haven't been good; White is kind of showing signs, although he gave up a run yesterday). 

Thomas is heating up and if Maggs can start playing ball like he should be they could carry the offense.

White did not give up any runs last night....he pitched two shut out innings......he did give up one hit in the 8th before he was removed

for Marte

Just looking at the standings there is still a chance.  The pitching is kind of there (although Glover and White haven't been good; White is kind of showing signs, although he gave up a run yesterday). 

White did not give up any runs last night....he pitched two shut out innings......he did give up one hit in the 8th before he was removed

for Marte

Actually White did give up a run...

The important thing, Murcie, is that folks show up at the park.......can anyone tell me that the 20K+ crowd had nothing to do with our comeback last night?

It is sad that we do not show up at the ball park.......teams win a lot of close games if they have someone supporting them at the park

Since the Arizona series, weve gone 6-5. I appreciate your optimism but 6-5 is only relatively good. In absolute terms, its not very good...

Maybe if you stopped having sex 8 times a day you could look outside the box (literally and Figuratively ) and realize that this TEAM is playing as a TEAM.

6-5 is mediocre.... However I believe I said starting from the last game in the AZ series I've noticed a change.....and They're 6-3 since that last game.

Since then they went into LA and came very close to sweeping a very good Dodger team.... then they came home and came within an inning of taking a series from possibly the best team in the NL.

Now they're beating a team they need to beat... All I am trying to say is....were in the middle of June... and things dont look great, but for the sake of being fans of this goofy f***ing team... lets not quit on them until they're realistically eliminated.

- Murcie Out

Until they are .500 all negativity is WELL deserved

Maybe if you stopped having sex 8 times a day you could look outside the box (literally and  Figuratively ) and realize that this TEAM is playing as a TEAM.

6-5 is mediocre.... However I believe I said starting from the last game in the AZ series I've noticed a change.....and They're 6-3 since that last game.

Since then they went into LA and came very close to sweeping a very good Dodger team.... then they came home and came within an inning of taking a series from possibly the best team in the NL.

Now they're beating a team they need to beat... All I am trying to say is....were in the middle of June... and things dont look great, but for the sake of being fans of this goofy f***ing team... lets not quit on them until they're realistically eliminated.

I gotta say the Braves are definitley the best NL team...but I see what you're saying...how well we played against 2 teams that will most likely be in the playoffs.

They are playing better. I think Rowand is finally recovering from his injury(he just needed a little time in the minors to straighten that out), Thomas is heating up, our starting pitching has been solid over the past 3 or 4 weeks, and the bullpen is finally coming around. Gordon is definately pitching better, Marte has been good, except for one mistake against Aurilia, Koch is definately getting more unpleasant to look at(though I think that's more of his s***ty face with that stupid ass mustache then it is him actually pitching. He has actually pitched solidly, though him trying to blow that game yesterday was not fun to sit through). Wunsch has pitched well all year, and if Glover and White can ever figure s*** out, they could have a good pitching staff....if they can ever figure s*** out.

As soon as they start manufacturing runs on a daily basis, they will win a lot of games. As soon as we start making things happen(ie stealing, hitting and running, sac bunts, sac flies, etc) it will make the other team make a few more mistakes, and as that happens, you'll see a lot more crooked numbers up on the board. Just playing a little small ball can spark a lot of s***. Anyone else see that Ranger game from last night? I saw one homer, Kevin Mench's, and I saw about 8 or 9 singles, all by huge power hitters. Offenses do well by fighting off good pitches and killing bad pitches....I guess it's easier said then done.

It is not a question of when they start manufacturing runs, but if they ever decide to. When players play for themselves and nobody else, they have no reason to try and manufacture runs. Not only do they have to decide to, but they have to be able to, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

The next sixteen games will be killer, with the Red Sox, Twins and Cubs exclusively on the schedule. Playing well enough to take two of three from the second-worst team in all of baseball, when they should have swept, will not get it done against the good teams. The Sox need to go 11-5 to even make it back to .500.

I will be happy with 8-8. :ph34r:

It is not a question of when they start manufacturing runs, but if they ever decide to. When players play for themselves and nobody else, they have no reason to try and manufacture runs. Not only do they have to decide to, but they have to be able to, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

The next sixteen games will be killer, with the Red Sox, Twins and Cubs exclusively on the schedule. Playing well enough to take two of three from the second-worst team in all of baseball, when they should have swept, will not get it done against the good teams. The Sox need to go 11-5 to even make it back to .500.

I will be happy with 8-8. :ph34r:

If the Sox take 2 from Boston I'll be satisfied.

CWSOX45