Game thread Sox(73-50) at Detroit(79-45)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So many things that I'm pissed about tonight.

-Podsednik. 'Nuff said.

-Cotts in a two run game after we took some momentum after a homer in Minny, Thorton in a five run game in a laugher?

-Contreras? WTF? Looked so f***ing good in the Detroit game a week ago, what the hell happened?

-Did I mention Podsednik?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Does anyone still want to argue that we don't have the worst pitching of all the playoff contenders? It's not even close.

You know, I was about to say the Red Sox pitching looks worse. And then I remembered that Wells held the Yankees down today -- and Schilling did last night -- so I don't know.

I do know this, though: our starting pitching is a poor man's mediocre.

Well. I'm done with this one tonight guys. pods still sucks, our offense is sketchy as has been for a while, and for the most part our SP is having trouble. Maybe one day we can break out of this. I'll be back for more white sox theater tomorrow, see ya there.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Have you watched the Red Sox lately?

Even Schilling is getting lit up. They have an awful pitching staff. I heard something that a big rift between Epstein and Lucciano was Epstein thought of this season as more of a rebuilding one, he didn't think the Red Sox had the horses to win. He wanted to take a small step back in 2006 and set them up for 2007. Lucciano or whatever his name is wanted to show the fans they wanted to win this year. They might still win the WC, but with that staff, they will not win the WS. Its impossible to hit enough to overcome that.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Have you watched the Red Sox lately?

Alrighty then. I just switched to watch the LLWS. It's too painful to watch. Hopefully they will fill their quota of runs tonite, so they have none left for the remaining three.......yeah, I wish.

When we s*** the bed against the Royals at home, and our great O got shut down by Runnynose Hernandez and a AAAA bum, we should of knew that warning signs with this team was going off.

What I love is the adjustments.

Pretty much every team throws our right handers away away away And they keep pulling it. Occasionally, someone leaves one over the plate and its gone. But for the most part Crede pops it up, Konerko does his suicide shrug, and its over.

Now our pitchers pretty much go away away away. yet the opposition figures it out, and slaps the ball oppo and beats us.

How f***ed up is this.

And why does our 24 year old young centerfielder need rest every 3 or so games.