Game thread Sox(73-50) at Detroit(79-45)

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
So you weren't "worried" about them despite them being the favorites? Is that different than being worried about them? I'm confused.

What? I'll say this again: As of August 21, 2006, the Yankees are the favorites to win the AL and move on to the World Series. It doesn't matter what I might've said two or three weeks ago. That was then. This is now. They've looked considerably better than anybody in the AL for atleast the last two weeks.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
Well the Cleveland Indians who are not in it this year because of their pitching, will be passing our pitching numbers by the end of the week. This is with gascan Carmona closing things out.

I remember when we were all laughing at the Indians' pitching problems back in May. That seems like 20 years ago. I can't believe how badly this pitching staff has underachieved.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
It's just amazing how many times a week a starting pitcher gives up 5 or 6 runs in their outing. As you said earlier, don't you think they'd have a fluke week where they all pitched well?

Even if only by "accident".

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Well, I'll take our chances in the postseason. I'd rather lose every game 15-0 then to not make it.

No doubt Fathom. I'll do anything for us just to get there. Even if all our guys have ERAs over 5 (not totally impossible). I just think we would have little to no chance with the pitching as is.

Seanez got DFA'd by Boston. According to Gammons, that was the guy the White Sox wanted for Lopez, but settled for Riske. I doubt Theo would trade him to Chicago right now, but look for KW to sign this guy to a minor league deal next winter with an invite to ST. Unless he needs arm surgery of course.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Who would have ever thought Garland would be easily our best pitcher, and our bullpen would be the strongest part of our team on August 21st?

It's unreal how bad our starters have been this year, compared to last. Coop's going to need a lifetime supply of alka seltzer after watching this garbage.....

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Here we go, folks, AB of the night right here.

If Podsednik doesn't get on, he'll finish the night with an OBP lower than .330, and an OPS lower than .700.

Oh the suspense. I hate that I can't defend Pods anymore. He was easily my favorite position player last year. If he's hurt, he needs to say something.

Leyland goes for the throat here. He goes with Zumaya here. Just like using Nathan in a non save situation for the twinks.

Now our manager likes to use hybrid lineups without using the starters. He likes to use our best reliever in the 6th inning of a blow out, and our crapiest reliever in the 8th of a tie game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
Leyland goes for the throat here. He goes with Zumaya here. Just like using Nathan in a non save situation for the twinks.

Now our manager likes to use hybrid lineups without using the starters. He likes to use our best reliever in the 6th inning of a blow out, and our crapiest reliever in the 8th of a tie game.

Guillen has been about as inconsistent as the team's been this year. Maybe that's the problem

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Pods! (sarcasm)

Just when you thought he couldn't get worse, he completely redeems himself!

I wonder if Leyland will state to the media tonight that Ozzie is just jealous that a white manager beat him?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
He's not an astute player. Very poor baseball sense.

It's astonishing how low his baseball IQ is.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
Maybe I'm missing something, but does Clevelan have an arm like Zumaya?

Actually, I saw him throw against Boston, and he had an absolute rocket.