White Sox @ Tigers, 7:05pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Don't forget that we seem puzzled as to why our starting pitchers are fatigued.

Last year El Duque was getting bombed left and right, and Bmac was coming off of 2 hit shutdowns of Boston at Fenway and Texas at Texas, and he decided that El Duque was better served in the rotation. It took our lead going to nothng with a few weeks left, and a few bombs away starts by El Duque before Guillen had to put bmac in again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
His bat speed is non-existent.

He may be tired as well. He's on a pace to play his highest total of games in his career. Unfortunately the Sox are abysmally short in the back-up C department. The AAA season can't end soon enough.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Here's the thing I've always wondered: athletes, especially MLB players, are notoriously unfaithful on the road. Does Garcia have to keep it in his pants in order to not piss off his manager? I've heard some amazing stories about athletes and their ladies on the road though.

I don't think Garcia bothers anymore. By the time he was getting it out of his pants, the women had his money stolen and were out the door with it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
He may be tired as well. He's on a pace to play his highest total of games in his career. Unfortunately the Sox are abysmally short in the back-up C department. The AAA season can't end soon enough.

Well hopefully we actually call people up that can help the big club make the playoffs instead of worrying if our AAA team will go deep in theirs.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Well hopefully we actually call people up that can help the big club make the playoffs instead of worrying if our AAA team will go deep in theirs.

I was thinking more of roster expansion. I think Stewart needs to be here personally. If I was GM, Sandy would be at home learning to use his walker, and Stewart would be the back-up, but since that makes too much sense for the Sox, when the roster can go to 40, they have to call him up.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Do I get points for laughing at the Pods and Mack combo in the OF before they both have defensive misques in the game?

A couple of weeks ago Ozzie started Pods, Mack and Gload in the OF. They predicably all misplayed at least 1 ball each.