Balta1701

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
That was all Ozzie's fault.

IT WAS! Last night Jenks should have replaced McDougal with a runner on second and 2 out in the top of the 9th. Tonight the right handed McDougal should have gone in for Thorton with 2 outs and the runner on third.

Terrible handling of the pitching staff in key moments. HOW COULD HE NOT HAVE GONE RIGHTY TO RIGHTY TONIGHT IN THE 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Chisox_10 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:44 AM)
IT WAS! Last night Jenks should have replaced McDougal with a runner on second and 2 out in the top of the 9th. Tonight the right handed McDougal should have gone in for Thorton with 2 outs and the runner on third.

Terrible handling of the pitching staff in key moments. HOW COULD HE NOT HAVE GONE RIGHTY TO RIGHTY TONIGHT IN THE 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punto is a switch hitter, and he generally takes better swings from the left side.

Rongey back on.

So his show, is basicall. Talk and jack up the sox for 2 minutes, talk about your sponsor take 3 to 5 minute break.

then take one caller, make him skype caller of the show, then take a sponsor break.

then take the OG post game conference, then take a break.

Now sponsor talk, some cute sayings about Dye and his clutch homerun that was a moral victory. then he gives out the number again.

Now the pennant race update, we are still in third place jagoff. You dont need to update it.

Gives out the number again. Tom in Des Plaines.

Now some guy said doesnt this remind us of the 2003 and 2004 team. Well Rongey wouldnt know. He didnt follow the sox before he got the gig. He probably has a sheet to tell him who is on the team.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
this loss is the first one in a LONG TIME where i'm kinda visibly shaken.

My entire mood was altered by this loss.

I think it may be time to pop in one of the sox dvd's from last year.

That may get you more upset, when you watch the sox tomorrow.

Some drunken slurred fan calls in. He thinks its a well played game. A slurred rambling of crap.

But the drunken squirrel finds a nut.

He asks the question. Why cant bmac start.

Rongey says if bmac gives you 5 and Vaz gets you 5, why make the change. Bmac cant go more than 5 innings. he just cant says the PFB.

Then the show is over for the affiliates. Drop dead Rongey.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
Some drunken slurred fan calls in. He thinks its a well played game. A slurred rambling of crap.

Says he was hitting his head on the wall during the game. Pretty sure he's just dizzy from hitting his head on the concrete after he passed out.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
The more I think about it, there is still hope if we can pull it out tomorrow.

.5 is doable, 2.5 seems like a ton

Rationally, it is possible to still make the playoffs, and even take over the Tigers. With the way the Tigers are going, they could be in big trouble. The problem is that the Sox can't put wins together and there is nothing about this team that tells me things will change.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Rationally, it is possible to still make the playoffs, and even take over the Tigers. With the way the Tigers are going, they could be in big trouble. The problem is that the Sox can't put wins together and there is nothing about this team that tells me things will change.

Right, they just have a truly garbage starting rotation, and that's not going to change.

But for the last 33 games or whatever you just have to grind out every single one of them. Starting tomorrow, we have to get it back to .5 and go from there. If it swells to 2.5 we are in trouble.

In 2004 the Twins were sputtering in late August. We were dropping games and couldnt make a game up. Then they righted the ship and plowed through.

lets worry about getting out of 3rd place before we start talking about the tigers fading.

We cannot "hope" that Detroit falls out of contention though. If the sox take care of business like they should have yesterday and today there wouldn't be a problem. Hell even IF the Twins overtake Detroit we still have to win in order to get past Detroit.

Wasnt Ozzie hired to change the face of this team. That our team was one dimensional. That we couldnt pitch, and would wait for the home run. We didnt play good fundamentals, we didnt steal, we werent grinders. ozzie stated that he would motivate the team, and keep them focus. That prolonged slumps and lack of focus wouldnt be his team. That lasted 1 and 1/2 years.

Now we have Jerry Manuel back, he plays his sunday lineup everyday, and starts his starters once a week. He keeps his starters in too long.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
In 2004 the Twins were sputtering in late August. We were dropping games and couldnt make a game up. Then they righted the ship and plowed through.

lets worry about getting out of 3rd place before we start talking about the tigers fading.

I'm just saying that the numbers show that things aren't that bad, but the games say different.

The Twins will be so loose tomorrow. I thoroughly expect a sweep.

That said, they are pitching a hack so maybe we'll erupt.

The weird thing for me tonight, Dye hits that homer and it was so awesome

but after Paulie popped out on the first pitch I had a sinking feeling we'd still lose.

I'm not blaming him. It's impossible to expect back to back bombs,

but it just seemed like we were destined to lose to those

bastards just as last year we were destined to win all those postseason games.

Horrible at bat by Paulie, but obviously I'm not blaming him. He did hit a dinger

in the game.

The Twins should not own us like this. They are not that good. Geezus.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
The Twins will be so loose tomorrow. I thoroughly expect a sweep.

That said, they are pitching a hack so maybe we'll erupt.

The weird thing for me tonight, Dye hits that homer and it was so awesome

but after Paulie popped out on the first pitch I had a sinking feeling we'd still lose.

I'm not blaming him. It's impossible to expect back to back bombs,

but it just seemed like we were destined to lose to those

bastards just as last year we were destined to win all those postseason games.

Horrible at bat by Paulie, but obviously I'm not blaming him. He did hit a dinger

in the game.

The Twins should not own us like this. They are not that good. Geezus.

Well when Bartlett and Punto are not only getting base hits, but blasting our pitchers for game deciding homers then what can we expect. Also Torii has been hot lately and he does have power, but god damn they are giving up bombs to him like if he's Hafner or Ortiz.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:49 AM)

But the drunken squirrel finds a nut.

He asks the question. Why cant bmac start.

Rongey says if bmac gives you 5 and Vaz gets you 5, why make the change. Bmac cant go more than 5 innings. he just cant says the PFB.

Then the show is over for the affiliates. Drop dead Rongey.

Great, great end to your Rongey rants tonight. You made me laugh out loud, which should be impossible after what happened in tonight's game.

I hate that a baseball game can ruin the rest of the night for me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every game someone lets us down. Today, our offense played their asses off, but our pitching crapped their pants in tough situations. With the exception of Garland, our starting pitching is a fukkin trainwreck.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
The more I think about it, there is still hope if we can pull it out tomorrow.

.5 is doable, 2.5 seems like a ton

Yup, that's about the measure of it.

I was at least encouraged that the Sox got some good swings in against Santana.

But it just blows my mind that the team that last year showed everyone how much a good defense can help you will run Mack out there every day and sit BA, even when BA's been hitting well. This is just goddam nonsense.

And of course the sp. But there's nothing left to say on that subject.

Get this one tomorrow, guys. Oh please...

:gosox1: :gosoxretro: :gosox3: