GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
It's not that I don't like them. Rather, I'd be more intrigued seeing the Reds, Giants, Marlins, or Phillies. Howard's just amazing right now, I'd love to cheer on Griffey Jr. (especially due to his parent situation), and I'm a fan of Bonds.

Somebody other than me a fan of Bonds. I knew there was a reason I liked you.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
Somebody other than me a fan of Bonds. I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Yes, he's an a-hole, and I'm sure he did roids. However, it doesn't mean he's not the greatest player I've been able to see play the game. Considering that so many other MLB players were on the juice when he was dominating, it was still impressive to watch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
It's not that I don't like them. Rather, I'd be more intrigued seeing the Reds, Giants, Marlins, or Phillies. Howard's just amazing right now, I'd love to cheer on Griffey Jr. (especially due to his parent situation), and I'm a fan of Bonds.

The D-Backs in my mind are kind of the like the Marlins, got a lot of good young players like Drew, Jackson and Quentin.

The Phillies would also be a great story. Ryan Howard's been the best player in baseball in the 2nd half of the season. Plus he's been hitting lefties as well.

As for the Pads, they're just an organization I respect sticking with Bochy for as long as they have. You don't see that kind of loyalty much in sports these days.

So long as Freddy can get thru this inning ok, then I think we should be ok with the likes of Thornton and MacDougall coming out of the pen to setup Jenks.

Hopefully Ozzie doesn't go to someone like Cotts unless it's in the bag.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
hard to stay focused when Freddy's working at a snales pace

I agree...it just feels like Tampa has got themselves in a situation where a few bloops, and they can get the tying run up to the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
We better hold them to 6 runs tonight, because the offense doesn't seem very focused now.

The Sox suddenly look like a different team than was out there in the 1st and 2nd. Unfortunately, this team is seen more often than the first.