GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a team look this flat after knowing a win could get us within 3.5 of the Division and 1.5 up on the Twins??

have you been watching this team all year? this is who they are this year. HOMERUN or NADA. i say they should have kept thome on the bench and played gload.

corcoran doesn't have good stuff hawk and DJ. He's lost his last 6, has been in the minors a while, and has been mostly a reliever. That is a guy that does not have good stuff. Our offense has been b a d. Thats really all you have to say, were not gonna be mad at you guys for telling the truth.

sorry I get irritated when hawk and dj do this, b/c they do it far to often

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:43 AM)
have you been watching this team all year? this is who they are this year. HOMERUN or NADA. i say they should have kept thome on the bench and played gload.

GLOAD IN LF, THOME AT DH!

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
corcoran doesn't have good stuff hawk and DJ. He's lost his last 6, has been in the minors a while, and has been mostly a reliever. That is a guy that does not have good stuff. Our offense has been b a d. Thats really all you have to say, were not gonna be mad at you guys for telling the truth.

sorry I get irritated when hawk and dj do this, b/c they do it far to often

i agree, as far as i can see....hes a two pitch pitcher....fastball and a decent curve thrown rather hard...hes up to 96 pitches, so im not sure how much longer hell be out there

It WILL BE (if things stay as is) games like this that will cost us the division. No way we should be getting shutdown by this guy and this team.

KC won't be a pushover this weekend either as inconsistent as we are playing right now...KC took 2 of 4 last trip around so Im not counting any of those games either.

We need more speed, a better leadoff hitter, and two new starters in place of Vazzy and Garcia...then we'll be OK

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
AJ's average has fallen like a stone

Well when you go from being a spray hitter not worried about power in the first half, then suddenly change it and start pulling every single thing your average drops like a rock.

The disturbing thing tonight is not only are we leaving a lot of guys on, but the at-bats with RISP have been dreadful.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
It WILL BE (if things stay as is) games like this that will cost us the division. No way we should be getting shutdown by this guy and this team.

KC won't be a pushover this weekend either as inconsistent as we are playing right now...KC took 2 of 4 last trip around so Im not counting any of those games either.

We need more speed, a better leadoff hitter, and two new starters in place of Vazzy and Garcia...then we'll be OK

We're actually facing three solid pitchers this wknd (all who have a good changeup). I'm sure Grudz will reach base 10 times this wknd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
The disturbing thing tonight is not only are we leaving a lot of guys on, but the at-bats with RISP have been dreadful.

We're actually facing three solid pitchers this wknd (all who have a good changeup). I'm sure Grudz will reach base 10 times this wknd.

And Mark Teahen will probably hit 4 or 5 homers off us as well. That series actually worries me...If we had quality pitching I wouldn't be too worried though.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
This is a playoff team? This is go time?

We're too inconsistent to be a playoff team, and our starting pitchers give up 4 or 5 runs way too often. Unless we start getting better play from nearly this entire team, we're going to have a hell of a time trying to make the playoffs.