GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that shows the Tigers have that magic crap this year and the division appears to be theirs...Not to be doom and gloom, but lets face it...They rolled a kid out of their pen who dazzled the Yankees, got a huge hit and we have at best mediocre starting pitching and the worst leadoff hitter in baseball.

nope they don't. they are a team that takes nothing for granted. they take advantages of mistakes and they DON'T always swing for a homerun.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:09 AM)
I think that shows the Tigers have that magic crap this year and the division appears to be theirs...Not to be doom and gloom, but lets face it...They rolled a kid out of their pen who dazzled the Yankees, got a huge hit and we have at best mediocre starting pitching and the worst leadoff hitter in baseball.

The funny thing is that the Tigers were frantically trying to upgrade over Monroe, who's now one of their best hitters. Meanwhile, we keep putting Mr. Zero Tool on the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
I don't blame him. They're a lock to win their division...no need to pitch him twice today.

Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs means nothing? Especially against the team they're racing for that home field?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
I don't blame him. They're a lock to win their division...no need to pitch him twice today.

There's really no blame for that. Yankees fans would be screaming if he threw Rivera twice in the same day for games that are meaningless for them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
The funny thing is that the Tigers were frantically trying to upgrade over Monroe, who's now one of their best hitters. Meanwhile, we keep putting Mr. Zero Tool on the field.

Yea really...he's been a clutch hitter. I don't think their lineup is that good at all and it pales PALES in comparison to our lineup, but they do just enough to back their starting pitching. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
as mad as we can get at the yanks right now, we should be more pissed at the sox for how they've played tonight

Listen, people... F*** everyone else and lets put our energies on the Sox winning this thing. I don't care what NY or Minnesota do. We take care of our business and we're in.