And that's a White Sox loser

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
This team will not sweep the Royals. We will gain no ground this weekend on Detroit....could pickup on the twins as the Yankees miss Santana.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
The tigers lost playing the Yankees, we lost playing the Rays at home. We are 4 1/2 out with 30 left to play.

What in our play against the Royals this season gives you the idea that we will be able to build a buffer.

Sorry, forgot this board is a complete wash when looking for a positive or confidence. Ignore it if you must, but I think I made a decent point. We've got a chance, on paper, to do something decent with the next 3 days.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Let's take a gander at the positive... If we're still shooting for the division, we didn't lose any ground and Detriot has 3 with the Angels coming up.

The Twins pick up one on us, but are still behind, and have 3 against the fairly hot Yankees coming up.

We have 3 with the Royals coming up... The next 3 days can give us a nice buffer zone on the Twins and help us inch closer to The Tigers before we hit our more difficult end of the year.

Take a look at Detroit's schedule and then our schedule. These games against TB and KC are our chance to get back in the race. Same thing with Minny; they have an easier schedule the rest of the way. We should be padding our lead. Instead it's back to .5 game.

We can lose with the best of them. 8-9-1 currently is about the most pathetic stretch I can recall in Sox uniforms.

I did say as long as we win 7/8 series, we'd get in, and we won this series, but it feels like we gave one away.

Everyone keeps throwing out the standings right now as proof of one thing or another. It's real simple...we have a very tough schedule starting on Labor Day, and if this team doesn't improve in nearly every aspect, they're not going to make the playoffs. We're not going to be able to back into the playoffs. Either these guys start playing with intensity and intelligence....or they're going home.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Sorry, forgot this board is a complete wash when looking for a positive or confidence. Ignore it if you must, but I think I made a decent point. We've got a chance, on paper, to do something decent with the next 3 days.

Confidence, what are you Rongey.

I saw a good opportunity to get a win and gain some ground against a terrible team. If you can smile and think happy thoughts after that, good for you.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
Did you really expect to sweep Tampa Bay?

With our inconsistent team?

Our bullpen sucked, including the great Brandon McCarthy who will get a free

pass from critics cause Ozzie has misued him so much.

Just get the job done.

And we blow the lead with four outs to go?

We're just not that good.

Yes.

We shouldn't be so inconsitant to begin with. Of course it is part of the problem.

It's the same with Mack in center. They will both get free passes because the real blame goes to management.

But we should be!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
We can lose with the best of them. 8-9-1 currently is about the most pathetic stretch I can recall in Sox uniforms.

I did say as long as we win 7/8 series, we'd get in, and we won this series, but it feels like we gave one away.

#2 has been just as bad, outside of last night's homer.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Take a look at Detroit's schedule and then our schedule. These games against TB and KC are our chance to get back in the race. Same thing with Minny; they have an easier schedule the rest of the way. We should be padding our lead. Instead it's back to .5 game.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say here.. we've got 3 days to do so. If we don't, we're f***ed.

I am putting every loss on Cora, he make me sick and he should be kicked out of the stadium if he tries to show up again...

Pods also makes me sick, he strikes out looking, swings half assed at first pitch with runners on third with 1 out, that is crap, where is willie harris?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)

Brian Anderson is our second best hitter right now. Uribe has looked pretty good the last couple games. Podsednik? The end.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)

A chance on paper? WTF!? Have you watched this team at all this year?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
:huh:

Yes. Even his outs look decent.

The season will come down to the final series with Minny. I said earlier that if we don't win 5 of 6 vs KC and Tampa it would be a HUGE dissappointment. Well that means we have to sweep KC. I highly doubt that will happen. We will be lucky to squeeze two wins out of there.

I am as hopeful as the next person but I don't expect us to sweep anybody.

Four of our five starters have been inconsistent at best.

Thome is out.

Posednik more often than not can't get on base.

And our bullpen is not capable of doing the job 3 nights in a row or 4 to get

a sweeep against anybody.

As bad as we played today, with four outs to go we have a lead.

Our bullpen can't get it done.

We lose.

I see no reason we're going to be consistent enough in all facets to put together

any kind of stretch of wins.

If we make the playoffs it's going to be playing the same way we are now.

If we truly have to have a great month like fathom says and I respect his opinion,

I say we're done. We have too many holes to put together a streak of greatness.

But we can slide in somehow and our experience could be magic in the playoffs/

Series conceivably for my two cents.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
Dye, Konerko, Crede, Gload have all hit better this month. So has Thome. Let's not go overboard cheerleading for Anderson.

Whatever. Brian Anderson isn't a problem. You said that our 8-9-1 sucks right now. Brian is hitting .296 with an OPB close to .370 in August. Now Pods? Don't get me started. I actually feel like a moron because I'm one of the few that has defended him all year.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
A chance on paper? WTF!? Have you watched this team at all this year?

We're playing the Royals.. the worst team in Baseball (though, I think most of you would pin that on the White Sox..) And our two main worries are playing the Yankees and the Angels, both good teams.

Yes, I've watched this team all year, and when we go into games against teams like the Royals, I usually feel like we've got a good chance of winning. And when I see our competition playing teams like the Yankees or Angels, I feel like they've got a better chance to lose. I still feel that these next 3 days will make or break what happens the rest of the year because we're going to need a buffer on atleast the Twins to be able to make it into the playoffs.

Since the allstar break

Lets take 2 players.

Pods is batting .230 with a .289 OBP. He only gets substituted against tough lefties. He should be benched, but gets trotted out there, like this is 2005.

Anderson his hitting .297 with a .347 OBP. He gets pinch hit for, and is in a platoon.

Ozzie needs his Marlin like guy or he cant function.

AJ is hitting .250 since the ASB, including .216 for the month of August. Since he went into power mode.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
We're playing the Royals.. the worst team in Baseball (though, I think most of you would pin that on the White Sox..) And our two main worries are playing the Yankees and the Angels, both good teams.

Yes, I've watched this team all year, and when we go into games against teams like the Royals, I usually feel like we've got a good chance of winning. And when I see our competition playing teams like the Yankees or Angels, I feel like they've got a better chance to lose. I still feel that these next 3 days will make or break what happens the rest of the year because we're going to need a buffer on atleast the Twins to be able to make it into the playoffs.

The problem is that we have 3 games left with KC...and then we have a killer schedule the rest of the way. The Twins and Tigers have a much easier schedule than we do the rest of this season. If we go on the west coast and play the way we're doing now, we won't win a game against the Angels or A's.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Since the allstar break

Lets take 2 players.

Pods is batting .230 with a .289 OBP. He only gets substituted against tough lefties. He should be benched, but gets trotted out there, like this is 2005.

Anderson his hitting .297 with a .347 OBP. He gets pinch hit for, and is in a platoon.

Ozzie needs his Marlin like guy or he cant function.

AJ is hitting .250 since the ASB, including .216 for the month of August. Since he went into power mode.

What can I say....no one knows this team better than Ozzie.