SOX VS ANGELS.... Garcia 1 hit gem

letsgoarow

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
Am I the only one who's extremely torn when it comes to Garcia's possible perfect game? I mean he is a White Sox player and all but this is more of a personal accomplishment and I really dislike Freddy Garcia, he is without a doubt my least favorite player on this team (outside of Podsednik) and I'd rather he not be one of the worst pitchers ever to pitch a perfect game.

UGH.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
Am I the only one who's extremely torn when it comes to Garcia's possible perfect game? I mean he is a White Sox player and all but this is more of a personal accomplishment and I really dislike Freddy Garcia, he is without a doubt my least favorite player on this team (outside of Podsednik) and I'd rather he not be one of the worst pitchers ever to pitch a perfect game.

:stick

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)

Just win the freaking game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)

Don't worry, there's no phawking way he gets even a shutout......or a complete game..........

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)

Are you saying you're actively rooting AGAINST a White Sox player to throw a perfect game??

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)

I'm going to hurt you...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Why? If you really think that posts will cause him to allow a baserunner then you're completely disconnected from reality.

That's not the point. The point is that you are torn about whether you want a White Sox pitcher do as well as he can. That makes me think somebody stole your password.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Are you saying you're actively rooting AGAINST a White Sox player to throw a perfect game??

The fact that he is even torn is disgusting.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)

Sorry, but thats just stupid.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)

I never said that, I said I was torn. If he gets the perfect game I will be as happy as any other Sox fan. I just really don't like the guy as a player and would rather not give Ozzie/KW any reason to retain him beyond this year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
I have no problem "jinxing him". You can spare of those posts.

As much as I hate podsednik I would love for him to do something monumental for the team I cheer for. I am not a Garcia fan and please don't take this the wrong way but to not want him to get a perfect game is pretty moronic.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
As much as I hate podsednik I would love for him to do something monumental for the team I cheer for. I am not a Garcia fan and please don't take this the wrong way but to not want him to get a perfect game is pretty moronic.

"I don't think that taste is there."

"Podsednik swings and hits a high fly ball, deep right center field..."

It's more about giving KW and Ozzie any reason to retain the guy. I love the fact that he's got the perfect game and I will most likely jump up and down screaming if he gets it but I just never want to see him pitch for the Sox ever again beyond October of 2006.

Of course a perfect game could also help his trade value which I like very much.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
You really believe Williams would keep a player based on one performance? Really? I think you need to give him more credit than that.

Honestly, after the way this season has gone, nothing involving the personel of this team could possibly surprise me.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
Freddy has made the corner of ESPNEWS. Its big time now.

They had that up after 6 IP.