AND THIS BALL GAME IS OVA!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key thing here, which some have hinted at, is our starting pitching is rolling right now. Jose, Freddy, Mark, Javy and even Buehrle have pitched great games of late (Mark got screwed last night, the team should have apologized to him).

That's a good sign. Especially the timing.

Now if the other two legs of the tripod can get their sheet together, look out.

Please, please... can we not lose tomorrow to offset this loss, as we seem to have been doing for three months?

;)

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
Screw that....we taking brooms to Oakland!

We still have more road games than Minny, 3 in Minny, so we don't have an edge...our remaining schedule is also sigfinicantly harder than Minny, we need to go 11-5 the rest of the way to have a shot,

Detroit .600 3 0 3 - 2/3

Minnesota .590 0 3 3 - 2/3

Oakland .569 0 3 3 - 2/3

Seattle .479 4 0 4 - 3/4

Cleveland .476 0 3 3 - 1/3

That is 10-6, which is going to make it real close, the final series vs. minny should be interesting. If KC can take 4/6 from Detroit I think we will both pass Detroit.

Great game by Freddy, gotta say i was more than disappointed to see Kennedy break up the Perfecto, but at least we won......Also nice to see the offense show up, too bad they couldn't have done this last night.......Anyway, let's take at least 2 of 3 in Oakland, 3 of 3 would be Awesome, and anything less than 1-2 would be BAD.......

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
Hats off to Garcia today, thank you for raising your trade value,

My thoughts exactly. Every day Garcia pitches I hope he pitches lights out not only for a sox win, but to raise his trade value so someone, like the BoSox, overvalue him like they did with Beckett.

Just got back from the game. What a treat to see that kind of performance from one of my pitchers. I still think this team can gel into a legit contender. I was also at Monday's game but missed yesterdays so maybe that's why I'm so optimistic.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Tadahito for a brief period of time seemed to be afraid of homeplate.

:huh:

You lost me. Anyone want to give a description? I was working and could only see the gamecenter online, didn't see the game itself. No mention of this in the recaps either, and nothing in the highlights.

Courtesy SSS:

http://www.southsidesox.com/story/2006/9/13/202538/398

Iguchi was on second, and should have scored easily on a ball lifted into the right-center field gap by Konerko, but Iguchi rounded third and slowed to a jog, eventually stopping completely when the ball reached the cut-off man. The ball started to be passed around the infield, and then into the catcher before Iguchi started jogging slowly back to third base. The whole ordeal caused Hawk to deliciously yell, "What in the hell are you doing, Tadahito?!" for what might be my favorite Hawk quote of the year.