Trade Our 'Tub of Goo' NOW!

Guest Ncorgbl

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  Tell him that I said he has good taste. :usa

I thought you'd like his choices!

He is getting so die hard - I love it! He is beginning to learn the history and he feels so at home at the Cell and he just loves going there - nothing pleases me more!

SAT!!!! IS THAT YOU?!?! WELCOME HERE!!!

It's chisoxfanatic from the mlb.com boards (I was there even during the 2000 season, when Ignite ran it, instead of mlb's cookie-cutter sites). Head of Entertainment on the Little Boat.

How's the Far Shore turning out these days? I haven't been on starboard for days!!!

that's him!

maybe he'll get the little boat up and sailing soon - I had some job on it, can;t remmber, captain of ordinace or something - sat will know and hopefully not demote me for stupidity when he tells me my real title :lol:

that's him!

maybe he'll get the little boat up and sailing soon - I had some job on it, can;t remmber, captain of ordinace or something - sat will know and hopefully not demote me for stupidity when he tells me my real title  :lol:

You couldn't beat the Head of Entertainment though, which is me!!! :bringit

Hi chisoxfanatic how are you doing?

I hope sure we make the "Far Shore" this year.  :rolleyes:

That's Heather Lee now, not chisoxfanatic...lol...I'm married to our beloved Left Fielder now!!!

Things are great, and I can't wait to touch the Far Shore!!! Hopefully we can ride the Little Tank as well to euphora!

I do miss Num1SoxGirl though (Kelly).

The "Little Boat" and her brave and loyal crew have had it with all this mutiny that's been going on lately. It's full steam ahead, time to lick our wounds and stand up tall again the high winds and the raging seas. Are we not all strong and dedicated mariners of the great oceans?

So on we go to seek the "Far Shore", with "Fate as our Captain".

(Sorry, I used a picture that was way toooo big. ;) )

(Just use your imagination for tonight. :rolleyes: )

Sat, how the hell have you been?

It's a good time to come. The Sox are just starting to play better.....maybe because we're starting to get some more people from the old MLB site in here?

Where is Big Frank/Andrew Vader or whatever his name is when you need him? :lol:

Witesoxfan,

Thanks for the nice hello, I'm just visiting here tonight. I'm still over at the old board, at lest for a while.

They took away HTML over there recently, that's a bummer. :angry:

The White Sox have a chance to sweep the series tomorrow, I hope Colon brings his A game, and our hitters show up.

If not I'm going to :puke

cwsox,

I missed HTML so bad, that I had to find someplace to go.  LOL

I post a lot here and used to post at MLB under this and another name. I'm pretty much under most folks radar screen I think. In any case, I remember you well, you were one of several posters at MLB who were exceedingly nice to me. I still have bookmarked the photos of Pierce, Minoso and Fox you sent me. I really appreciated that. :cheers Welcome here. It is wide open in terms of the posters ages, politics, writing styles,etc. People have a go at each other here, but we manage to avoid the real bad feelings for the most part. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness on MLB.com and hope you enjoy yourself here. I went nuts on the clickables too at first, like a kid in an old time candy store, or at his first Sox game. :bang :lolhitting :headbang :angry: :bringit :lolhitting

SI1020,

As I remember those were 1957 Topps cards. I can't remember your old handle, but then I can't even remember what I ate for super last night either. :)

Thanks for the nice welcome. :usa

You're more than welcome and they were 1957 Topps like you said. I posted as SI1020 and then switched to HoboKing when for some mysterious reason I could no longer log on as SI.

Guest Ncorgbl
Ncorg,

That is alarming news that Colon is hated in the clubhouse.

Why doesn't Daubach kick his ass? I thought we were getting Daub and Koch for clubhouse intensity as much as performance.

And if this is true, why does Frank always just sit back and do nothing?

I mean why let some new guy mock people?

Frank has been here a zillion years. Does he not care enough to kick some ass?

Ditto Maggs.

Even our alleged catcher/coach, Alomar??

Seems like we do have a lot of uncaring wimps on the team if they don't tell Colon where to shove it. Agreed?

Ncord and hsc apparently have inside sources. I believe you 2 and love reading your info, but as far as explaining, how are you 2 affiliated with the team? I think somebody posted it once but I forgot. Do you two work at the Cell or have some inside player sources? Thanx.

Not hated, just running a 'clique', one that's not appreciated by the others. Frank has stood up, as have a couple of others.

Something of notice today, and I don't know if you could see it on TV or not, but when Coop went out to talk to Colon, Valentin and Olivo went to the mound too, most thought to translate. Neither Valentin not Olivo opened their mouths once, Coop did all the talking and Colon just nodded. Coop does not speak Spanish, and the B.S. about Colon not speaking English is only at his convenience.

Guest Ncorgbl

Obviously I'm down on Colon, and today's game is no different. I thought he had 'stepped up' through 7, with 3 hits, though the walks were nerve racking. Then, in the start of the 8th after 97 pitches, the 'Ace', the guy who gets 'stronger' as the game goes on, the one who wants complete games, the one who wants more than $12 million a year was tiring? If I'm Manuel I gotta pull this guy too, I don't find him dependable in the least. When we need him the most, he's tired?

Trade this tub of goo.

Obviously I'm down on Colon, and today's game is no different. I thought he had 'stepped up' through 7, with 3 hits, though the walks were nerve racking. Then, in the start of the 8th after 97 pitches, the 'Ace', the guy who gets 'stronger' as the game goes on, the one who wants complete games, the one who wants more than $12 million a year was tiring? If I'm Manuel I gotta pull this guy too, I don't find him dependable in the least. When we need him the most, he's tired?

Trade this tub of goo.

Yawn. Bartolo has more complete games than anyone in baseball the last two years. You may have an argument that we should trade him, but when you post this tripe....your argument looks feeble.

Something of notice today, and I don't know if you could see it on TV or not, but when Coop went out to talk to Colon, Valentin and Olivo went to the mound too, most thought to translate. Neither Valentin not Olivo opened their mouths once, Coop did all the talking and Colon just nodded. Coop does not speak Spanish, and the B.S. about Colon not speaking English is only at his convenience.

After reading the beginning of this thread earlier in the week, I did notice that today Ncorgbl

I'm sorry, but this is also ridiculous. "Most thought to translate?"----I'm pretty sure that the catcher usually goes to the mound anytime the pitching coach comes out.

It's also not unusual for a middle infielder to visit as well.

I don't know whether Bart has a clique or not---your story may well be accurate for all I know. But the fact that Cooper came out and talked (not in Spanish!) and nobody translated for Bart is hardly proof. Plenty of Latino's understand English perfectly without being able to speak it well.

If we could get Fossum or Nixon and Sanchez (him being the key) for Colon I would do it.  We could even build a bigger deal out of it if they wanted to get Gordon also.  I don't know much about the Red Sox system past those couple of prospects though.  Maybe a 3 way deal including the Marlins to unload some salary could be worked out.

We could always ask for Youkilis. Who according to Billy Beane is the God of Walks....

Hell if Beane wants this guy so bad we really ought to try and get him if we're going to deal Colon to Boston.

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1

wow i miss everything cause i dont read each and every thread ...........first off welcome aboard sat.. im so happy to see you finally made it over here....now i can honestly say that i have all my favorite guys in one spot....... :D ........keaddy....im shocked.. were you taking a leave of absence from your mind when you said all that stuff about corg???? i dont get where your coming from with this.. hes always been there for you and you guys are friends or so i thought.. what gives???? :huh: now as far as the little talk on the mound today.... if you think barts english is bad.. olivos is worse...so you know hes not translating anything for coop....... ;) just a little fyi there........ :D