Trade Our 'Tub of Goo' NOW!

Guest Ncorgbl

Guest Ncorgbl
This argument against Colon is ridiculous.  Its almost as ridiculous as the theory KW is no longer the GM. These people are grown men, they care about their paychecks more than about someone maybe giving them crap in Spanish. If something like that bothers them they should be playing in a beer league. This personality crap is so overated. The biggest a-hole in the world is Barry Bonds, his team was in the World Series last year, and with a different group of guys in first place this year.

As I stated, believe as you wish.

Make no mistake, however, it is all true.

Do you really like Colon's record with us?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument against Colon is ridiculous.  Its almost as ridiculous as the theory KW is no longer the GM. These people are grown men, they care about their paychecks more than about someone maybe giving them crap in Spanish. If something like that bothers them they should be playing in a beer league. This personality crap is so overated. The biggest a-hole in the world is Barry Bonds, his team was in the World Series last year, and with a different group of guys in first place this year.

As I stated, believe as you wish.

Make no mistake, however, it is all true.

Do you really like Colon's record with us?

No I don't like his record. But as Buehrle apologists would know, he has pitched much better than his record indicates. He was out of gas against SF and every manager in the league would have yanked him after Bonds hit that HR in the ninth. He made one mistake to Ramirez last night for a 3 run homer on an 0-2 pitch. He very easily could be 8-5 or 9-4. 6-7 is still a better winning percentage than the team has. If KW is not the GM why is he not banned from the ballpark? Why has no one in the media picked up on the story? Why is he still quoted in the papers? Please answer if you truly have the inside scoop. These "complications" you speak of seem to be that the story just isn't true.

If we had a GM you would see plenty.  I bet you he gets as much if not more than any pitcher since Kevin Brown, why?  Because on any given day he can get anyone out.  The reason he is 6-6 goes back to every Buerhle argument over the last week.  He gives us a chance to win every time out there.  It isn't one, two, three good/great outings than two mediocore and one bad one.  He is a victim of pitching in a hitters park as well.

Watch the Yankees and Red Sox line-up to get him.

Oh and on another note.  The 2000 team was great to watch but they were not a very talented team.  I sure as s*** do not want JB back but I guess if the clubhouse is fun I would rather have him than Colon as well.  Who on that team to we miss, that is playing elsewhere?  KW did not cause the demise of Eldred, Sirotka, Parque, or Baldwin.

This argument against Colon is ridiculous. Its almost as ridiculous as the theory KW is no longer the GM. These people are grown men, they care about their paychecks more than about someone maybe giving them crap in Spanish. If something like that bothers them they should be playing in a beer league. This personality crap is so overated. The biggest a-hole in the world is Barry Bonds, his team was in the World Series last year, and with a different group of guys in first place this year.

Bonds is a total prick, you are correct. But i may want to mention, how many rings does that prick have?

If we had a GM you would see plenty.  I bet you he gets as much if not more than any pitcher since Kevin Brown, why?  Because on any given day he can get anyone out.  The reason he is 6-6 goes back to every Buerhle argument over the last week.  He gives us a chance to win every time out there.  It isn't one, two, three good/great outings than two mediocore and one bad one.  He is a victim of pitching in a hitters park as well.

Oh and on another note.  The 2000 team was great to watch but they were not a very talented team.  I sure as s*** do not want JB back but I guess if the clubhouse is fun I would rather have him than Colon as well.  Who on that team to we miss, that is playing elsewhere?  KW did not cause the demise of Eldred, Sirotka, Parque, or Baldwin.

This argument against Colon is ridiculous. Its almost as ridiculous as the theory KW is no longer the GM. These people are grown men, they care about their paychecks more than about someone maybe giving them crap in Spanish. If something like that bothers them they should be playing in a beer league. This personality crap is so overated. The biggest a-hole in the world is Barry Bonds, his team was in the World Series last year, and with a different group of guys in first place this year.

Bonds is a total prick, you are correct. But i may want to mention, how many rings does that prick have?

0?

Your right he has no rings. But how many rings did that 2000 "frat house" get. The point is Bartolo's "behavior" has nothing to do with the failure of this team.

Your right he has no rings. But how many rings did that 2000 "frat house" get. The point is Bartolo's "behavior" has nothing to do with the failure of this team.

Oh i agree. I think, if anything, colon is one of the better sox players, who really wants to win.

Guest hotsoxchick1
. The point is Bartolo's "behavior" has nothing to do with the failure of this team.
your right.. his behavior alone is not the whole cause, its only part of the problem which contributes to the total failure team........there are many factors starting from the top working down that contribute to this teams s***ty season.........

Guest Ncorgbl
No I don't like his record. But as Buehrle apologists would know, he has pitched much better than his record indicates. He was out of gas against SF and every manager in the league would have yanked him after Bonds hit that HR in the ninth. He made one mistake to Ramirez last night for a 3 run homer on an 0-2 pitch. He very easily could be 8-5 or 9-4. 6-7 is still a better winning percentage than the team has. If KW is not the GM why is he not banned from the ballpark? Why has no one in the media picked up on the story? Why is he still quoted in the papers? Please answer if you truly have the inside scoop. These "complications" you speak of seem to be that the story just isn't true.

The point is Bartolo's "behavior" has nothing to do with the failure of this team.

No one said his 'behavior' was. Don't read words that aren't there. It's his lack of performance I don't care for. Colon has the 'rep' of getting stronger as games go on, and he's a $12+ million 'wannabe'. Manuel did right, he should've stayed in, and he should've pitched. Most mangers would've done the same, sorry, you are mistaken on that. The point is that Colon has not pitched well enough to win, as he should if he wants to be an elite pitcher.

Dump his fat ass now.

KW will be assigned elswhere within the organization, why on earth would he be 'banned' from the ballpark? Again, believe as you wish.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Why don't they sell Jimenez to Korea?

too bad they didnt think of that......id be all for it..........

We were 'in the game' last night for about 12 minutes, if I recall.

5 runs to the best hitting team in baseball is not that bad, watch tonight and tomorrow, especially tomorrow.

Bartolo Colon will get big money because no matter the situation he gives his team a chance. If you want to be a serious team you need this. Garland and Wright are two years away if ever to this. My point is that we will not sign him because we are not a serious organization intent on winning. What is another young pitcher going to get us? Three years of inconsistency and then hopefully replace Buerhle when he leaves. Then we can trade Garland for another young guy. Colon is worth it because he is a proven winner, something we all drool over Buerhle for, but one is not good enough, two aren't either.

We are the worst hitting team in baseball, this is why our pitchers appear the way they do.

You know, Maggs is latino as is Colon. I wonder, if Frank had been pegged, would Colon have done anything? Or PK? or any non latino player? I think so but it gets me wondering...

I cannot believe for one second that we're having this arguement. It's absolutely absurd to think that Colon only hit Hairston, Jr because Maggs is Hispanic.

The point is Bartolo's "behavior" has nothing to do with the failure of this team.

No one said his 'behavior' was. Don't read words that aren't there. It's his lack of performance I don't care for. Colon has the 'rep' of getting stronger as games go on, and he's a $12+ million 'wannabe'. Manuel did right, he should've stayed in, and he should've pitched. Most mangers would've done the same, sorry, you are mistaken on that. The point is that Colon has not pitched well enough to win, as he should if he wants to be an elite pitcher.

Dump his fat ass now.

KW will be assigned elswhere within the organization, why on earth would he be 'banned' from the ballpark? Again, believe as you wish.

The ninth inning is supposed to be Koch's. Durham hit a shot to lead off the inning, Bonds hit a rope in the stands. JM still has no one warming up. No way would any other MLB manager let Colon give up 7 runs. Your calling for the trade of Colon. You said EE is in charge. You want him doing the trading. Remember a young Doug Drabek, sent to the Yankees for a washed up Roy Smalley Jr. That was Eddie's baby. KW may be and should be assigned somewhere else in the organization if the season keeps going like this, but he hasn't been yet, I don't believe it.

Guest Ncorgbl

Please, know what you aresaying. The ninth, when Colon is pitching, is his-no one else's. He's the CG man.

We will disagree on this.

I will not change my stance until i see this 'tub of goo' step up. He hasn't yet, and I don't think he will.

Please, know what you aresaying. The ninth, when Colon is pitching, is his-no one else's. He's the CG man.

I will not change my stance until i see this 'tub of goo' step up. He hasn't yet, and I don't think he will.

I know what I am saying. When your pitcher who was cruising along starts to get rocked in the ninth inning its time to make a change. Manuel screwed up, he should have been yanked after the Bonds HR. The Sox have been outmanaged for quite a long time.

I know what I am saying. When your pitcher who was cruising along starts to get rocked in the ninth inning its time to make a change. Manuel screwed up, he should have been yanked after the Bonds HR. The Sox have been outmanaged for quite a long time.

All very interesting. Do players play a little harder or softer depending who's on the mound? Of course they do, they're human like everyone else. However when you cross the white line shut up and play. We can toss stones at players all we want but right now there ain't enough stones in the world to toss at this group of underachieving twits. Somehow a series of moves that looked great individually have turned to crap. I liked the Koch deal and loved the Colon. Right now they don't look like they are working. If someone in AAA was really tearing it up I'd say Colon may be our best trade bait or Mark. I can't believe in 2003 we're thinking of dumping an arm to get a bat . . .

:bang

Guest Ncorgbl

I do not agree at all. Neither did Colon.

Looks like these b****es have a complex problem. Why does Kong feel there talking about him in Spanish??? Cause he sucks??? The problem is, the players that are complaining seems to be that ones that wanna control the clubhouse. Kong, Frank. I've never heard about Colon being an Ass. How many spanish talking players do we have??? You think if Colon had a bad attitude Sandy wouldn't have called him out?

Maybe the spanish players hang out togheter. And Maybe Paula feels left out

Olivo, Sandy, Jimenez, Jose, Lee, Maggs, Colon and Loaiza are all spanish players, that's 8 outta 25.

Guest hotsoxchick1
You think if Colon had a bad attitude Sandy wouldn't have called him out?
cant call him out if hes not here........ :huh:

Right now he's not, But before and when he was on the DL he's still with the team. I don't think Bart has a bad attitude. If one person would call him out it would be Sandy

Guest hotsoxchick1

i honestly dont think sandy would, but..im sure if the situation was right he may ......reguradless of who says what in the clubhouse, one things for certian... there needs to be some type of ground rules set by their manager (meaning jm) in which they leave the petty s*** at home or off the field and they come together on the field (reguardless of who hates whom), and play as a team.........or they arent gonna get anywhere fast.....

i honestly dont think sandy would, but..im sure if the situation was right he may ......reguradless of who says what in the clubhouse, one things for certian... there needs to be some type of ground rules set by their manager (meaning jm) in which they leave the petty s*** at home or off the field and they come together on the field (reguardless of who hates whom), and play as a  team.........or they arent gonna get anywhere fast.....

That's the bottom line .... When you cross that white line, everyone dressed in the same uniform as you is your best friend. Period. That's the way these guys should be looking at it, and acting.

Looks like these b****es have a complex problem. Why does Kong feel there talking about him in Spanish??? Cause he sucks??? The problem is, the players that are complaining seems to be that ones that wanna control the clubhouse. Kong, Frank. I've never heard about Colon being an Ass. How many spanish talking players do we have??? You think if Colon had a bad attitude Sandy wouldn't have called him out?

Maybe the spanish players hang out togheter. And Maybe Paula feels left out

Olivo, Sandy, Jimenez, Jose, Lee, Maggs, Colon and Loaiza are all spanish players, that's 8 outta 25.

Where did Konerko come into all of this? :huh: Why do people hate Konerko so much that they have to put his name into things that it isn't even there? If there are 17 guys who are English speakers it could have been any of them. Heck Frank Thomas is the one who has the history about whining about what goes on in the clubhouse, remember all of the Albert Belle stuff? Why wasn't it his name thrown in there? It is a sad state of affairs when people hate someone so much that they will make up stuff about them.