Trade Our 'Tub of Goo' NOW!

Guest Ncorgbl

why must the fights from mlb board come over here?

for what it is worth: the Thomas trade to Boston almost happened and didn't for the reasons described, I will vouch for that

one can learn more by listening than by attacking

and the one being attacked has offered far more than he has ever received back and I am tired of the mlb fights coming over here - so lets please all move on to celebrating yesterdasy and strapping it down for today and tomorrpw and move on

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I am thru fighting

2. will keep my tickets, Sect. 335 row 1,

3. because I know you have nothing to do with the team.

4.  I hope everyone on this board reads your posts, puts 2 and 2 together and realizes what a sham you are.  I will now prepare for the name calling you resort to when you are called out.

1. excellent, good, great! and spelled like a true Chicago native! I remember when the Trib was in that campaign to revise spelling - and I still spell thru that way most of the time.

2. those are great seats! I am right above you in upper deck, and slightly to your right. When I hit the lottery, I am getting club level seats! I think club level rocks! Although I like the upper deck too. I prefer sittiing there for the seasion to the lower bowl - I really dislike sitting in the outfield and the amenities at club and upper deck level are much easier accessed than on the lower deck. But club level - that is my dream. At the overnight, I watched sunrise from 329 - it was awesome.

3. that would be wrong - very wrong.

4. I prefer the "I am thru fighting statement."

LOL, this has got to be one of the funniest threads I've seen since joining. Good stuff, guys.

As far as "insider knowledge" goes, please just leave it out of here. So far I've learned NOTHING from any of you "insiders" who "have contacts" -- unless of course you count the "KW is gonna resign any moment now" news story.

That was a real chickens*** thing to do, spineless, calling me a liar after I left, leaving it up unanswered, undefended. I'm learning a great deal about you.

I do not lie.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

The contract stays with the Major League Franchise, only the conditions of the contract are reported to MLB for legal approval and by-law qualification. investors is some misaligned dream of yours, that's your problem, not mine. Did you imagine Veeck and the rest of us sitting aroung in Tuxedos and overstuffed leather chairs, discussing banking? Bill had player's contracts written on bar napkins in his pockets!

Just so you know, my wife is a labor attorney, and according to her no attorney would ever approve a contract without seeing the entire document. So Bill Veeck , God rest his sole, may have had things written on napkins, but not player contracts, which, again must be approved by MLB. Remember, when he owned the Sox fax machines weren't around, so did he just mail the napkins to the league office? Someone from the league had to see Frank's contract for it to be approved, not just a cliff's notes version, or discussion over the phone. I am thru fighting, will keep my tickets, Sect. 335 row 1, because I know you have nothing to do with the team. I hope everyone on this board reads your posts, puts 2 and 2 together and realizes what a sham you are. I will now prepare for the name calling you resort to when you are called out.

I read through this post because I am disapointed in Colon so far too. But somwhere it went off the deep end.

I read ncorgbl say to believe whatever you want, but was attacked anyway.

I read the name calling starting in message #52 at least, by Dick Allen, and only defense by ncorgbl and others.

I read patient replies by ncorgbl and others only to be called liars and worse.

I am going to take ncorgbl's advice, and believe what I want. Dick Allen is on a personal attack, probably left over from another web site, even tho he denies visiting one. I think he's lying about that, and that makes me think he's lying about the rest. Besides, I never much cared for sneaky people anyway, and he seems to be just laying in the weeds to attack.

interesting first post -

welcome!

I appreciate your words for ncorgble

and hope we can all avoid talking down on anyone

cick allen is undoubtedly a fine sox fan too and let's all hope we all talk about the Sox the rest of the day!

and again welcome! :cheers

There are three major reasons why I left the MLB.com which actually had some great posters and at times was almost as good as being at your local watering hole talking sports with good friends. One major reason was stupid fights like this. Go lurk on that board now, that's about all you'll see there now. That and trolls. The board is below pathetic. I'd hate to see that become the norm here. This place is the refuge of many who became uncomfortable elsewhere. You can do your thing here whatever that might be and still not feel like an uninvited guest. Nobody loves a good argument more than I do. The personal invective is a real drag however. I don't know what else to say. Perhaps no one gives a s***, I don't know. As far as the topic goes I am not satisfied with the overall performance of Colon. I always thought he was an overhyped pitcher when he was in Cleveland. Because he was 20-9 last year I hoped he had turned the corner to stardom. Instead I see a very inconsistent and erratic starting pitcher, albeit it one with a strong arm and physical constitution. One more thing. I have done "information" related work off and on since the 1970's. I should have some sense of who's credible and who's not. You have to be careful of everything on an internet site, but I have read Ncorgbl for a long time and I never dismiss out of hand his posts concerning the inner workings of the White Sox. I read them carefully, but give them a lot of consideration. JMHO.

interesting first post -

welcome!

I appreciate your words for ncorgble

and hope we can all avoid talking down on anyone

cick allen is undoubtedly a fine sox fan too and let's all hope we all talk about the Sox the rest of the day!

and again welcome! :cheers

Thanks for the welcome!

I post as NellieFox on MLB but not much at all. I like to read more than write. This was the first on the list when I got accepted. It is a subject I've been thinking about too.

You may be right about dick allen and that jc guy too but what I'm reading here and on other posts they are attacking people for no reason. It looks too much like where I came from. Kinda like chasing ncorgbl all over the web. If that's it I won't stay long, they never win and it's all so boring. I want to read about the Sox. Not some frustrated people on the losing end of arguments.

We'll see what happens.

You may be right about dick allen and that jc guy too but what I'm reading here and on other posts they are attacking people for no reason. It looks too much like where I came from.

Welcome aboard.

We have several well-informed, intelligent posters here, and thankfully they greatly outnumber the name callers and attackers that you speak of.

Hope you enjoy your time here. :headbang

this thread alone is an example of why I chose to leave the mlb site.This kinda stuff get's old quick and can easily be traced back to one source.The same reason that a lot of really good people left the mlb. site.

You see,the problem with all these "insider" posts is that they can't be debated.This information is not reported by the media,so as "outsiders",we have no way of confirming statements other than the "smell" test.All we can do is either take them with a grain of salt or disagree with them.If you disagree with the information,then you are saying that the poster is lying or disparaging them personally.It puts the rest of the posters in a no win situation.It's not like when we comment on a Sox game or play,where we can all debate something that we've all seen.One person makes a statement of inside information and what is there to debate?Plus,add in the dimension that the person reporting the information is not objective and has personal bias.Now you've got a real mess.For instance,when Beuhrle made his statements last week,which we all heard on the SCORE repeatedly,we were chastised for being lead around by the media and that we were all knee jerk reactionists for not liking what he said.We don't know the real story.Personally,I had no problem with what Beurhle said,other than I don't think it was a good PR move and bad timing.But this thread is based on comments made in the paper by Colon and now,THIS is the truth.We believe this but not the other.

I've only been here a short time and found this site refreshing for being all the things that the mlb site is not.I've spent most of my time here reading and getting to know who's who here.I read everyone's posts here everyday and look forward to adding my own opinions before long.There are many old faces here that I've enjoyed in the past and HSC is one of my dearest friends of whom I'm greatly indebted to.

But I'll be blunt and to the point.If ncorgbl is going to be a regular participant here,you're going to have these problems and this board will resemble the mlb site.You'll have the usual insults,arguments and posters lining up and taking sides.It won't be a pleasant experience for anyone except one.This is a free country and a free site and anyone can post here.But I'll say what a lot of posters are afraid to say.If ncorgbl has made a new home here,you can expect a lot more of this and you can kiss your fine site goodbye.I've known ncorgbl as long and as well as anyone could.I don't regret being a friend to him,only that I made the mistake in thinking he was a friend.I hope no one else tries or makes that mistake.But this thread is typical of what's to come.

the camel's head has just appeared under the tent................

AN easier solution is to just not read what you dont want to read. Its pretty easy dude. :huh: GEEZ people really need to lighten up.

this thread alone is an example of why I chose to leave the mlb site.This kinda stuff get's old quick and can easily be traced back to one source.The same reason that a lot of really good people left the mlb. site.

You see,the problem with all these "insider" posts is that they can't be debated.This information is not reported by the media,so as "outsiders",we have no way of confirming statements other than the "smell" test.All we can do is either take them with a grain of salt or disagree with them.If you disagree with the information,then you are saying that the poster is lying or disparaging them personally.It puts the rest of the posters in a no win situation.It's not like when we comment on a Sox game or play,where we can all debate something that we've all seen.One person makes a statement of inside information and what is there to debate?Plus,add in the dimension that the person reporting the information is not objective and has personal bias.Now you've got a real mess.For instance,when Beuhrle made his statements last week,which we all heard on the SCORE repeatedly,we were chastised for being lead around by the media and that we were all knee jerk reactionists for not liking what he said.We don't know the real story.Personally,I had no problem with what Beurhle said,other than I don't think it was a good PR move and bad timing.But this thread is based on comments made in the paper by Colon and now,THIS is the truth.We believe this but not the other.

I've only been here a short time and found this site refreshing for being all the things that the mlb site is not.I've spent most of my time here reading and getting to know who's who here.I read everyone's posts here everyday and look forward to adding my own opinions before long.There are many old faces here that I've enjoyed in the past and HSC is one of my dearest friends of whom I'm greatly indebted to.

But I'll be blunt and to the point.If ncorgbl is going to be a regular participant here,you're going to have these problems and this board will resemble the mlb site.You'll have the usual insults,arguments and posters lining up and taking sides.It won't be a pleasant experience for anyone except one.This is a free country and a free site and anyone can post here.But I'll say what a lot of posters are afraid to say.If ncorgbl has made a new home here,you can expect a lot more of this and you can kiss your fine site goodbye.I've known ncorgbl as long and as well as anyone could.I don't regret being a friend to him,only that I made the mistake in thinking he was a friend.I hope no one else tries or makes that mistake.But this thread is typical of what's to come.

the camel's head has just appeared under the tent................

Heh, thanks for the heads up on norcobl or whatever his name is.

Even if he is all you make him out to be, this thread isn't a sign of things to come here. Like I was telling someone else, we have several intelligent posters here, and they aren't easily baited. Well, most of the time that is ... :rolleyes:

keaddy, I hate to see you knock ncorg - I don;t recall the extact fighgt you had and I sure don;t want to re-do it here - I love your sense of humor and Sox posts, and ncorg is a friend who I will stick by just as I will stick by you - ncorg has been a good friend so please don't be creating sides here

please don't bring those fights here, let it go, we don't need the mlb s*** here

since html is banned at mlb, you can do your thing here and we will all love it - and in the meantime, post some of your usual humor, I have missed it!

peace out

:headbang :headbang :headbang

keaddy, I hate to see you knock ncorg - I don;t recall the extact fighgt you had and I sure don;t want to re-do it here - I love your sense of humor and Sox posts, and ncorg is a friend who I will stick by just as I will stick by you - ncorg has been a good friend so please don't be creating sides here

please don't bring those fights here, let it go, we don't need the mlb s*** here

since html is banned at mlb, you can do your thing here and we will all love it - and in the meantime, post some of your usual humor, I have missed it!

peace out

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

cw-thank you for the response.I've always considered you a friend and always will.I can assure you that my intention is not to air dirty laundry nor bring anything here from the mlb site.My reason for being here is BECAUSE it's not the mlb site and I hope it stays that way.My response was merely an observation and personal experience which I chose to post-knowing that it may not be well recieved.But my days of arguing with people are well over and look forward to a site where NO ONE has to choose sides.I've posted my feelings and observation,and will let it stand on it's own merit's.I don't wish to pursue this any further and responded only out of my respect for you.I will not belabor the point nor do I wish it to go any further.I don't wish to put you in the position of having to choose sides.

I look forward to posting in a more humorous fashion-the humor has been sucked out of the mlb site and I hope to call this home.But I will continue to call a spade a spade-especially when so many are too intimidated to say what needs to be said.

so-how 'bout them Sox?!

K-Y

Intimidated? At THIS site? Uhh...... :nono

peace out

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

cw-thank you for the response.I've always considered you a friend and always will.I can assure you that my intention is not to air dirty laundry nor bring anything here from the mlb site.My reason for being here is BECAUSE it's not the mlb site and I hope it stays that way.My response was merely an observation and personal experience which I chose to post-knowing that it may not be well recieved.But my days of arguing with people are well over and look forward to a site where NO ONE has to choose sides.I've posted my feelings and observation,and will let it stand on it's own merit's.I don't wish to pursue this any further and responded only out of my respect for you.I will not belabor the point nor do I wish it to go any further.I don't wish to put you in the position of having to choose sides.

I look forward to posting in a more humorous fashion-the humor has been sucked out of the mlb site and I hope to call this home.But I will continue to call a spade a spade-especially when so many are too intimidated to say what needs to be said.

so-how 'bout them Sox?!

K-Y

Intimidated? At THIS site? Uhh...... :nono

Heh, yeah. Anyone who feels intimidated/inhibited at a WEB SITE needs to be professionally evaluated.

K-Y

click reply and then click the button that says IMG and paste in your jpg

I do cut and paste and delete the http:// already there and replace it with my full paste which already includes that

6H8RtRBE.jpg

Ncorg,

That is alarming news that Colon is hated in the clubhouse.

Why doesn't Daubach kick his ass? I thought we were getting Daub and Koch for clubhouse intensity as much as performance.

And if this is true, why does Frank always just sit back and do nothing?

I mean why let some new guy mock people?

Frank has been here a zillion years. Does he not care enough to kick some ass?

Ditto Maggs.

Even our alleged catcher/coach, Alomar??

Seems like we do have a lot of uncaring wimps on the team if they don't tell Colon where to shove it. Agreed?

Ncord and hsc apparently have inside sources. I believe you 2 and love reading your info, but as far as explaining, how are you 2 affiliated with the team? I think somebody posted it once but I forgot. Do you two work at the Cell or have some inside player sources? Thanx.

Frank and CLee have been keeping DLo from being killed by his team mates for DLo's big mouth

HSC has posted a lot about the time she spends in B'ham where her father lives, so she knows Sox players from the days in the minors -

Ncorg, HSC, and Steff know far more players and management than the rest of us will in a lifetime

me, I know the player's families just from hanging with the right crowd - don't know any players myself but I have the market cornered on Jason Buehrle autographs :lol: and I have lugged alot of beer to the ball park for players' families at tailgates - one just gives out the beer and stands back, says nothing, and listens...

I am well connected with Nancy Faust however! :cheers and with some of the long time workers at the ball park who pick up on a lot of interesting things as they go about their business in the sox offices -

Frank and CLee have been keeping DLo from being killed by his team mates for DLo's big mouth

HSC has posted a lot about the time she spends in B'ham where her father lives, so she knows Sox players from the days in the minors -

Ncorg, HSC, and Steff know far more players and management than the rest of us will in a lifetime

me, I know the player's families just from hanging with the right crowd - don't know any players myself but I have the market cornered on Jason Buehrle autographs :lol: and I have lugged  alot of beer to the ball park for players' families at tailgates -  one just gives out the beer and stands back, says nothing, and listens...

I am well connected with Nancy Faust however!  :cheers and with some of the long time workers at the ball park who pick up on a lot of interesting things as they go about their business in the sox offices -

I'm real tight with Stacy, the beer vendor in the bleachers.

I'm real tight with Stacy, the beer vendor in the bleachers.

she keeps telling me they are your children = what is up with that? :huh: :huh: :huh: she says she loves you too - all I hrar from her is "big ol jimmy wimmy, he my man, I love him so."