Trade Our 'Tub of Goo' NOW!

Guest Ncorgbl

Guest Ncorgbl

Ballplayers are no different than any other human beings, they just make more money thn most. The 'cliques' and spats and snubs and all the rest are the same as Bob, the Wal Mart greeter encounters. To expect any human to be more than human because of what they are paid is unrealistic.

What has Colon done for the Sox? He's lost more games than he's won. He has not influenced any young guys, as Wells did. He even beat us a few times in his career. Even Konerko who is struggling gave us SOMETHING in past years, but Colon's given us NOTHING. I think we need to change that, put Colon in a mode of helping the Sox instead. Trade this tub of goo for someone who wants to play for us.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has Colon done for the Sox? He's lost more games than he's won. He has not influenced any young guys, as Wells did. He even beat us a few times in his career. Even Konerko who is struggling gave us SOMETHING in past years, but Colon's given us NOTHING. I think we need to change that, put Colon in a mode of helping the Sox instead. Trade this tub of goo for someone who wants to play for us.

This and tomorrow afternoon will show why we need a guy like this back if we are seriuos about winning. Pitching and defense win, not the crap we keep trying to go at it with. Whatever Konerko gave us he is taking back twofold this year with both performance and fiscal drain. We are 5 1/2 out and he has cost us more games then he has helped us. One of the problems with this team is JM runs the same s*** out there that shouldn't be. At some point Konerko needs to be dealt with. We have a lefthanded bat that has produced as much in his career as Konerko yet we refuse to give him a shot more than once a week. I would bring Valentin into this but his defense keeps him in there daily and why we should bring him back next year and bat him ninth. IMHO.

Ballplayers are no different than any other human beings, they just make more money thn most. The 'cliques' and spats and snubs and all the rest are the same as Bob, the Wal Mart greeter encounters. To expect any human to be more than human because of what they are paid is unrealistic.

Except for Loiasa he's been the best starter we have. You are out of your mind. With a decent manager and some defense and maybe a clutch hit every now and then he'd be 9-4 or 10-3. The reason his record is 6-7 is the crap that is behind him. If your a shareholder and you can't see that ,God help all Sox fans, this team will never win. By the way, you never answered my question yesterday, who would be trading Colon?

Guest Ncorgbl
Except for Loiasa he's been the best starter we have. You are out of your mind. With a decent manager and some defense and maybe a clutch hit every now and then he'd be 9-4 or 10-3. The reason his record is 6-7 is the crap that is behind him. If your a shareholder and you can't see that ,God help all Sox fans, this team will never win. By the way, you never answered my question yesterday, who would be trading Colon?

I do not agree. Colon has yet to step up, and has not come close to his reputation since in a White Sox uniform. A really big White Sox uniform...

Yes, I did and you replied.

I do not agree. Colon has yet to step up, and has not come close to his reputation since in a White Sox uniform. A really big White Sox uniform...

You can make a case that except for Loiasa and Marte no one on the roster has stepped up or played up to their reputation. Why are you not ripping them? Are you really a shareholder? If you are why don't you let me, a long-time season ticketholder (soon to be ex), know exactly what is going to be done to clean up this mess of a team?

Guest Ncorgbl

You can make a case that except for Loiasa and Marte no one on the roster has stepped up or played up to their reputation. Why are you not ripping them? Are you really a shareholder? If you are why don't you let me, a long-time season ticketholder (soon to be ex), know exactly what is going to be done to clean up this mess of a team?

It starts at the top. Colon wants at least $12 million to play next year, and I don't think he's worth half that. I have been on the entire team as well.

It took 2001, 2002 and up til' a few weeks ago to make this mess, after a 95 winseason, it'll take some to clean it up. If the bats come alive most of the mess will be covered up, at least temporarily, for this year.

If you are a season ticket holder of long standing, you may have attended JR's meetings, or at least get mailings. If you plan on not renewing, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Set someone else up with your pointed questions and feigning fandom. I don't buy it.

It starts at the top. Colon wants at least $12 million to play next year, and I don't think he's worth half that. I have been on the entire team as well.

It took 2001, 2002 and up til' a few weeks ago to make this mess, after a 95 winseason, it'll take some to clean it up. If the bats come alive most of the mess will be covered up, at least temporarily, for this year.

If you are a season ticket holder of long standing, you may have attended JR's meetings, or at least get mailings. If you plan on not renewing, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Set someone else up with your pointed questions and feigning fandom. I don't buy it.

I live and breath White Sox baseball. Just in the 1,000,000 to 1 chance you are who you claim to be, I will join the thousands who won't renew, I would hate to live with the thought I might have put money in your pocket.

The biggest a-hole in the world is Barry Bonds, his team was in the World Series last year, and with a different group of guys in first place this year.

Not a chance he's even close to the biggest.

But, perseption is reality I suppose.

FWIW... I've met him several times (once in a grovery store during the offseason) and seen him interact with others and he is far from being an asshole.

FWIW... I've met him several times (once in a grovery store during the offseason) and seen him interact with others and he is far from being an asshole.

Did you happen to read what Rios said about him. It seems as though his teammates are afraid of him. Just because he's nice to you in a grocery store, doesn't mean he's not a pain in the ass to 24 men that he's hanging with for 7 months.

Did you happen to read what Rios said about him. It seems as though his teammates are afraid of him. Just because he's nice to you in a grocery store, doesn't mean he's not a pain in the ass to 24 men that he's hanging with for 7 months.

In addition to seeing him in the grocery store - to which he remembered my name after not seeing him for 4 months - I've been around him several times in ST, and after games.

I read what Rios said.. however I'll go by what Ray said as well as my experience with him last Tuesday night.

Guest Ncorgbl

I agree. He has an ego, but it is deserved. Most don't get that. I like the way he treats stupid questions from the media. That alone endears the guy to me.

Guest Ncorgbl
I live and breath White Sox baseball. Just in the 1,000,000 to 1 chance you are who you claim to be, I will join the thousands who won't renew, I would hate to live with the thought I might have put money in your pocket.

That pretty much shows what you know. Stockholders in the White Sox organization do not get dividends nor profits from their stock, until it's sold.

I'll miss your 2 cents, and your bad breath.

Guest Ncorgbl
That pretty much shows what you know. Stockholders in the White Sox organization do not get dividends nor profits from their stock, until it's sold.

Then where does the profit go?

The stock was issued by Veeck to buy the club. It was never meant to be an 'investment'. Most kept their shares when the club sold, though with signed agreement, and right of first refusal. If there were any 'profit' it'd stay with the company, and the bookeeper would be unmployed. Remember, the business of Baseball has it's own rules.

Then where does the profit go?

Under the mattress, silly ;)

Ballplayers are no different than any other human beings, they just make more money thn most. The 'cliques' and spats and snubs and all the rest are the same as Bob, the Wal Mart greeter encounters. To expect any human to be more than human because of what they are paid is unrealistic

"Fortune doesn't change men; it unmasks them" - Bernard Baruch

I cannot believe for one second that we're having this arguement. It's absolutely absurd to think that Colon only hit Hairston, Jr because Maggs is Hispanic.

Agreed!

Colon hit Hairston because of his uniform and the situation.

In the NL, Colon would have plunked the next pitcher to bat, or his pinch-hitter if that was the case.

This is ridiculous - this whole discussion is ridiculous.

I believe that some teammates dislike each other - you put 25 people together all summer and some of them will not get along ( hasn't "The Real World" taught us ANYTHING, people??? ) but to think that ALL the Latin players dislike ALL the Caucasian players, or ANY variation of that theme, is just silly to me.

And if any Sox players can't handle the thought of Latin players talking about them in Spanish, they should take a Goddamned SPANISH CLASS in the off-season, then!

...and take a course in Japanese and Korean while they're at it, if they're THAT paranoid!

Agreed!

Colon hit Hairston because of his uniform and the situation.

In the NL, Colon would have plunked the next pitcher to bat, or his pinch-hitter if that was the case.

This is ridiculous - this whole discussion is ridiculous.

I believe that some teammates dislike each other - you put 25 people together all summer and some of them will not get along ( hasn't "The Real World" taught us ANYTHING, people??? ) but to think that ALL the Latin players dislike ALL the Caucasian players, or ANY variation of that theme, is just silly to me.

And if any Sox players can't handle the thought of Latin players talking about them in Spanish, they should take a Goddamned SPANISH CLASS in the off-season, then!

...and take a course in Japanese and Korean while they're at it, if they're THAT paranoid!

They could take a class in how to speak Bridgeport, that way they understand some of their fans too :)

:usa

The great melting pot.

What was the original comment. Getting rid of Colon will improve the clubhouse and help the Sox to win.

After 5 pages is anyone convinced? And why is it that almost everytime ncorgbl speaks I begin reading rants about his identity?

The great melting pot.

What was the original comment. Getting rid of Colon will improve the clubhouse and help the Sox to win.

After 5 pages is anyone convinced? And why is it that almost everytime ncorgbl speaks I begin reading rants about his identity?

He certainly keeps things lively.

Guest Ncorgbl

The great melting pot.

Rants? I answered a question. What 'rants' did you read?

Speaking of reading, I did not say that "Getting rid of Colon will improve the clubhouse and help the Sox to win." That would be, however, a byproduct.

It starts at the top. Colon wants at least $12 million to play next year, and I don't think he's worth half that

1. To say Colon is not worth 6 million is mindboggling, name recognition/national exposure and merchandizing alone would cover that as far as a real team with real fanbase like the Red Sox is concerned.

2. Whether 12 million is a lot or not hinges on one little condition: DO SOX WANT BECOME A DYNASTY/WIN WORLD SERIES BEFORE BOSOX AND CUBS...OR NOT.

If the answer is yes--and I don't see any other option being anything but a s***-in-face insult to every Sox fan out there....then Colon-Burly-Loaiza trio must stay here and get paid the market value. I am sorry, but Garland-Rauch-Wright-Diaz are NOT going to take you into playoffs, let alone do anything there.....JR may be a a liar and hypocrite, but at 70 years old, I would think he would want to leave some sort of legacy behind with his "favoritest" team and all. You can't take it with you to the grave, mister....

If the answer is yes--and I don't see any other option being anything but s***-in-face insult to every Sox fan out there--than Colon-Burly-Loaiza trio must stay here and get paid the market value.  I am  sorry, but Garland-Rauch-Wright-Diaz are NOT going to take you into playoffs, let alone do anything there.....JR may be a a liar and hypocrite, but at 70 years old, I would think he would want to leave some sort of legacy behind with his "favoritest" team and all.

You are right on the money...........but......is that s*** on your face?