Mariners At White Sox 9/23/2006

TLAK

Haha...way to tag up AJ. I don't care if the season is over....if you're not going to play the game the right way, Ozzie should bench your ass.

Brian Anderson is just a terrible hitter. I don't blame Ozzie for wanting to upgrade in CF for next year.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Brian Anderson is just a terrible hitter. I don't blame Ozzie for wanting to upgrade in CF for next year.

Ya know... I completely agree. I am as much of a homer as anyone on here, but Brian Anderson is not going to cut it for us. He has played a complete season now, and is still awful. By the end of the season, he should be showing signs of life. I am all for signing a veteran CF.

p.s.: Someone needs to tell Anderson how awful he looks when he holds his form after swinging and missing. I have seen it way too much.

how about the stat Fox put up on Crede.

Since Sept. 3rd, Joe is batting .135, no HRs, 3 RBI, and 1 extra base hit.

I love Joe, and will not bash him... but I do think this shows he has some major back problems.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
Whats really pathetic is that if we won the last two nights we would be 3.5 back and with a win today maybe 2.5 back

We haven't had the horses to make it respectable, let alone close, let doubly alone win.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
Ya know... I completely agree. I am as much of a homer as anyone on here, but Brian Anderson is not going to cut it for us. He has played a complete season now, and is still awful. By the end of the season, he should be showing signs of life. I am all for signing a veteran CF.

When the Sox are rumored for the next two months to be in the hunt for Pierre, Anderson is going to have no one to blame but himself. I begged for him all season to get more playing time, but now that the season is almost over....it's time to admit that Anderson sucked this season. If we can also find a nice offensive upgrade in LF, I wouldn't mind Pierre in CF. At least Pierre can play Ozzie ball if called upon (great bunter, can steal, and HE'LL MAKE CONTACT).

Can we get draft picks from players who's options we didn't pick up?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
When the Sox are rumored for the next two months to be in the hunt for Pierre, Anderson is going to have no one to blame but himself. I begged for him all season to get more playing time, but now that the season is almost over....it's time to admit that Anderson sucked this season. If we can also find a nice offensive upgrade in LF, I wouldn't mind Pierre in CF. At least Pierre can play Ozzie ball if called upon (great bunter, can steal, and HE'LL MAKE CONTACT).

How bout Gary Matthews?

How could a strong prospect like BA be this bad?

Was he rushed?

Watching him at bat is like watching a bad pitcher hit.

He just looks awkward.

If we get swept by the Mariners I wouldn't be up for firing Oz but docking his pay

for a month would be OK by me.

I think all the players' world series rings should be stored away a month as a penalty.

You have got to be s***ting me. The M's sweep us at home??

How did we get to be THIS BAD??????

I predicted 4-9 in our last 13. I may have been generous.

Edited by greg775

I agree. He looks terrible and I found it amusing how many here were on Ozzie for his comments on Anderson. The guy's been a HUGE disappointment.

Those stats on Crede are also alarming. Because of those back problems, we can add him to the list of players who might take a step back next season (a list which includes Dye, Thome, and Konerko). Basically, we need offensive upgrades.

Crede pretty much stunk from 2000 the end of 2005 and look at him now. A weak rookie season means nothing. At least he made strides at the plate--his second half average is in the .280 range. At any rate, you're not going to find that good of a CF for under a mill, who you control for the next 5 years who does have a lot of potential offensively and it's not like a light hitting CF is hurting this team. You don't think he can put up at least Rowand numbers next year? .270-285 15-20 homers. Even if he falls short of that, his defense more than makes up for it. He's worth hanging on to. If Pierre comes he should play left. Pierre in center plus a Carlos Lee type in left is a downgrade from where we're at in my opinion.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
I agree. He looks terrible and I found it amusing how many here were on Ozzie for his comments on Anderson. The guy's been a HUGE disappointment.

Those stats on Crede are also alarming. Because of those back problems, we can add him to the list of players who might take a step back next season (a list which includes Dye, Thome, and Konerko). Basically, we need offensive upgrades.

Along with defensive, starting pitching, bullpen, and coaching upgrades. Outside of that though, we're sound.

Edited by PA32R

This is pissing me off so much. f***ing showing up to play when the season is practically over. Where were all you guys 2-3 weeks ago?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Im not going to lie, its odd watching a game I was at a few hours ago....

I hear that.