A-Rod, what's the asking price

BobDylan

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VAfan @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
The Yankee fans are ready to ride A-Rod out of town on a rail. But I can't believe Yankee management is going to be willing to part with him.

In 2006, he had an off season, and still had a .914 OPS. The year before, he was third in baseball in OPS.

If I were the Sox, I'd make an offer -- Garcia, Fields, Broadway sounds about right (I don't suppose they would have any use for Uribe, would they?) -- but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Yankees would probably want Buehrle, and as bad as he was this year for us, there's no way I would ship him off to NY.

So, fantasize all you want. It's the offseason for us (and the Yankees). But don't expect A-Rod to get moved anytime soon.

Nor do I. He's an offensive machine regardless of what his postseason tells you. I also don't think the Yankees would even be mildly interested in prospects. I think a front line starter absolutely has to be had for the Yankees. Freddy Garcia isn't that. Mark Buehrle could be an option, but given how pitching continues to dominate in the post-season, I can't see the Sox eager to part ways with Buehrle.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Why would anybody in their right mind want A-Rod.

He defines LOSING.

He makes way too much money. There is jealousy in the clubhouse and his teams

cannot get it done.

Pass on that guy please.

35 homers and 120 rbi's and plays a great defensive shortstop. I'm sure the Yankees pitching had nothing to do with them losing this series, it was all arods fault.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
I also don't think the Yankees would even be mildly interested in prospects. I think a front line starter absolutely has to be had for the Yankees. Freddy Garcia isn't that.

i agree, on both points. no way the yankees would want garcia, not if they've learned from their mistakes. for arod and cash they are going to want something to help immediatly in return.

Yankee fans hate A-Rod. Ranger fans hate A-Rod.

Why would we want him to ruin our team as well?

Makes no sense.

He makes way too much more than any current White Sox and as such will be a

major distraction.

Let him rot in New York please.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Why would anybody in their right mind want A-Rod.

He defines LOSING.

He makes way too much money. There is jealousy in the clubhouse and his teams

cannot get it done.

Pass on that guy please.

Timo Perez defines winning. Lets sign him, and start him in LF over Pods!!!!!!1

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
ARod would mash at the Cell...

Hypothetical lineup (dream a little dream.)

Coco Crisp

Gooch

Dye

Thome

PK

Arod

AJ

Crede

Anderson/Sweeney

Contreras

Buerhle

Garland

McCarthy

Vasquez

Garcia/Fields/and midlevel pitching spec for ARod

We just take Crisp when the Red Sox aren't looking.

Maybe we could live with Pierre with the rest of the lineup as so...

This is one of the funnier posts in this thread, mostly because it has ARod batting 6th, even though he's a better hitter than every other person in that lineup.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 04:10 AM)
Yankee fans hate A-Rod. Ranger fans hate A-Rod.

Why would we want him to ruin our team as well?

Makes no sense.

He makes way too much more than any current White Sox and as such will be a

major distraction.

Let him rot in New York please.

How dare he be one of the best players in the history of baseball, especially if he's playing at SS. You say he defines losing, even though his postseason numbers aren't terrible. Jim Thome has been on more talented teams in his career, and he hasn't won a World Series. Does he define losing?

As bad as Arod has been the last two postseasons, his career ops in the playoffs is still in the mid .800s. He needs to get out of NY, it's really that simple imo. It must be hard when you've won a mvp and your fans still hate you. Get it done Kenny, I want Arod on the 07 Sox.

Edited by Rowand44

We need players that care about losing. All the Yankees were just standing around in the dugout and didn't look upset after the loss today. They still have their millions regardless. Konerko should go to the Yankees because that is exactly how he was acting at the end of this season.

Again, ARod makes way too much money. Don't you guys ever see the intangibles

are important?

did you read Gonzalez's Q and A in the Trib where he said unnamed sources in the

clubhouse told him Rowand WAS missed big time??

You don't want A Rod to ruin the team.

He makes WAY TOO MUCH MORE than the other Sox.

It is unhealthy in this day and age.

Say No to A-Rod. Please.

As far as Thome, he doesn't make the jack ARod does.

Let NY be stuck with ARod. My gawd sometimes people amaze me.

Rowand ... he makes so much more money than any of his peers thus he in

the clubhouse IS A CANCER

What is so hard to understand about that?

We don't need him or want him.

His contract is a joke; I don't care who pays it.

He is an aberration and would ruin the White Sox.

3 words. Offer Mark Buehrle.

Buehrle is not under Contract. ARod is. That is a huge difference. Arod fills our major hole at shortstop. Buehrle can be replaced. We have 2 starting pitchers, at least 1 of whom can be replaced by a guy who may be better.

This only works if we get the money that Texas sent to NY to bring ARod's cost down to about $15 million. He is not worth more than that under any stretch of the imagination.

If Buehrle will sign for something in the $10-$11m range, fine. Sign him and offer Garcia+ something instead. But MB is our ace in the hole if we want to talk about this. And he's the best chip we've got.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
We need players that care about losing. All the Yankees were just standing around in the dugout and didn't look upset after the loss today. They still have their millions regardless. Konerko should go to the Yankees because that is exactly how he was acting at the end of this season.

God forbid a team captain to be quiet a humble.

What do you want the Yankees to do? Throw water coolers and beat people in the stands with their bats? Hell, these guys aren't even allowed to grow beards. Steinbrinner wants them to represent class. It's one thing if a team isn't putting out a good effort, but Paul Konerko and that Yankees team put out all their effort. Yelling and screaming about losing is just poor sportsmanship. Either your best is good enough or it isn't. Going on a rampage after losing only makes you look like an ass.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
I'll take a .300, 40 HR, 130 RBI, Gold Glove "Cancer" on my team any day of the week.

Gold Glove? GMAFB. I want ARod for his bat. He's a clear downgrade from either Uribe or Crede defensively. He may be an upgrade from Jeter, but that's about it. I'll take the .290, 35 hr's and extra ticket/merch sales due to added press coverage.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
Rowand ... he makes so much more money than any of his peers thus he in

the clubhouse IS A CANCER

So anyone who makes a lot of money is a cancer? Ok. ARod is a class act and would probably be just fine in our clubhouse. You might not want him on our team but I certainly do, you get one of the better bats in the league, a guy who kills left handed pitching and you even upgrade defensively(yes, he's one of the ss's in this league that is better than Juan), ARod is a total stud. If there is a chance to get arguably the best overall player in the game(when he's playing short) then you have to try and make it happen.

You would think the players we have are 5 year olds. They are big boys Greg. If the hold a grudge to A-Rod because Texas was dumb enough to give him a 252 million dollar deal, then they shouldnt be on this club anyway. I'll take a .300, 40 HR, 130 RBI, Gold Glove "Cancer" on my team any day of the week.

Maybe you are right. I hope so; cause I think we really could get him.

But we'll have to give up Crede and I do love Joe.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
Gold Glove? GMAFB. I want ARod for his bat. He's a clear downgrade from either Uribe or Crede defensively. He may be an upgrade from Jeter, but that's about it. I'll take the .290, 35 hr's and extra ticket/merch sales due to added press coverage.

ARod is the best defensive shortstop in baseball imo.